Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

four.

Matt was mad at me. We had had a massive fight over the fact that I was spending so much time with Fred this past week. I hadn’t spoken to him in over a day and to be honest, I wasn’t sure when I would. I was a ‘skank’ for hanging around him so much and Matt said he wouldn’t be surprised if I was sleeping with Fred. I hadn’t told anyone about the fight yet because I knew all I would get would be “I told you so” and I wasn’t ready for that.

I made my way into the boys dorms, for my ‘meeting’ with Fred. Today, my heart wasn’t in it. I didn’t want to hear about happy couples and all of that when I felt like I’d been hit over the head with a bludger. I flopped down on his bed, and groaned.

“Can we raincheck today?” I mumbled into the mattress. “My head’s not in it right now.”

“Of course.” His voice filled with worry. “What’s wrong?”

“Matt.” I groaned. “We had a fight, he called me a skank and said he thinks I’m sleeping with you.”

“He said that to you?” Fred asked, sounding shocked. “I’ll go punch his head in!”

“No, Fred. Don’t.” I sighed. “It will just make things worse.”

“I don’t care.” He growled. “I’m sick of him pushing you around like he does!”

“It’s one time, Fred.”

“I mean all the other crap he does too, Audrey.”

“Like what?” I growled. “No one will god damn tell me what he’s done so bad to make you all hate him so much!”

Fred sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry, just forget it okay?”

“I’m tired of forgetting it.”

Later that night El, Katie, Angelina and I sat by the fire just talking and relaxing. It was night after a crap few days to just sit there and not worry about anything.

“Do you ever wonder what’s going to happen to your friendships and relationships when this year ends?” Katie asked, turning to face the rest of us.

“Sometimes.’ El admitted. “But I think if you care about or love someone enough, nothing is going to change that no matter what circumstances change.”

“Aw, El’s in love.” I grinned at her.

She smiled at me. “I’m in so deep, you have no idea.”

“That’s actually the cutest thing ever.” Hannah smiled. “Can I be you, please?”

“Or at least be in your shoes.” Kate added.

“I third this notion!” I joined. “Let us be in love, El.”

“Oh shh you, don’t act all innocent!” Katie looked over at me. “I see you and Fred being all sappy eyed and in love.”

I laughed, sarcastically. “Me and Fred, are you joking?”

“Don’t play dumb, Audrey.” Hannah piped in. “You’ve been like that since the day you met. You can’t tell me that there is nothing there between you too. Have you seen the way you are with each other.”

“I’m with Matt for a reason.” I answered. “Because I like Matt.”

“Sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself to me.” Katie said, looking back at the fire. “You’ll see it one day.”

I got no sleep that night. I had spent the night over thinking what Katie and Hannah had said. I had thought back through everything Fred and I have ever said and done together, remembering how I felt at each exact time. He made me so happy. But that didn’t mean I was in love with him, did it? Of course it didn’t. Not that any of it mattered now. Fred has the girl he liked and I had, at least I think I have, Matt.

I felt like a zombie at breakfast so I decided to leave early and skip classes for the day. On the way out of the hall, I bumped into Fred. Just what I needed after last nights talk.

“Audrey.” He smiled. “Where you headed?”

“Bed.” I answered, honestly.

“You okay?” He asked, concerned.

I nodded. “Just over thinking something Katie said last night. I couldn’t sleep.”

“What did she say that kept you awake?”

“She told me that I was in love with you.” I had no idea why I had just told him that or how the hell I was going to explain it. Stupid Audrey, stupid.

“Oh, really? Fred’s face flushed read. “How did she come up with that?”

I shrugged. “Her and Hannah think it’s impossible for us to act like we do and be friends for as long as we have without there being feelings involved.”

“Valid point.” Fred stated. “I don’t see how it kept you up all night though?”
I sighed. “I guess, I second guessed everything between us and thought about the what if’s and I don’t know. I kind of started to believe her.”

Shock covered Fred’s facial featured. “You what?”

“It doesn’t matter, Fred. I have Matt and you have whoever and it’s not important.” I stuttered. “I need to get some sleep.”

“It is kind of important actually!” Fred grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking away. “Especially you just admitted to having feelings for me and you’re my whoever. The only non important part is your twat of a boyfriend.”

This time, it was my features that shock became evident on. Did Fred just? Did he just say that I was the girl he was talking about?

“Okay then.” Swallowing the lump in my throat. “This is. . . wow. I have no idea what to say or do.” I kind of laughed. Fred leaned in and kissed me, wrapping his arms around my waist. Out of habit, my arms made my way around his neck. I kissed back, everything starting at all make sense in my head. The moment was perfect. But then. . .

“You fucking little red headed prick.” Matt happened. “What the fuck was that Weasley?”

Matt came from around the corner, throwing a punch that hit Fred square in the nose. Fred stumbled backwards from the force. He then stood upright, blood pouring from his nose. As soon as Fred regained his balance Matt threw the next punch, this time Fred was able to block it, as get his first hit it.

“Stay the fuck away from Audrey!” With each word Matt threw a punch at Fred, who had managed to block most of them. Fred fell backward on the last hit, falling to the ground. By now the crowd was beginning to gather. From the floor Fred pulled Matt’s legs from beneath him and Matt also came tumbling down. Then they started tackling each other. Fighting for dominance. Until Fred put in a few punches.
“This one is for treating her like shit” Wham! “This one is for calling her a slut” Wham! “And this one? This one is just for the fun of it” Wham!

Somehow Matt then managed to roll them over and begin to choke Fred. “Get off him, Matt!” I yelled trying to pull him off Fred. I felt someone pull me away from Matt. It was Sam Williams, one of the kids in our grade. He was in some of my classes. Sam then proceeded to pull Matt of off Fred and hold him away from Fred.

“That’s my Sam.” I heard a girl say from beside me. “I'm Penny, Sam's girlfriend.”

“Audrey.” I smiled, before racing over to Fred. He had pulled himself up against one of the stone walls. He had blood pouring out of his nose, a forming black eye and a finger that didn't look as if it were in its normal position.

“Oh my god!” I gaped at him “Are you okay?”

“Fine and dandy.” He laughed, causing me to smiled sadly. “Come on, be happy. I got a few good hits in there right?”

“Yeah.” I smiled kissing his forehead softly “You did well!”

“Come on Audrey.” I heard Matt snarl, and I rolled my eyes. “Let's go.”

I looked down at Fred, he smiled at me sadly and said “You can go if that's what you want."

I stood up, turning to face Matt. "Get fucked, Matt."

"You're loss." He shrugged. "Besides, that Ravenclaw girl Lucy? She put out more than you anyway."

That's when I got my hit in, and boy did it feel good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here I Am Alive - Yellowcard

6:30am and still on a mission to fix this story!