Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

five.

After the punch up between him and Matt they had both been taken to the hospital wing. Kept on separate sides of the room and far away from each other. I had sat with Fred as he was getting patched up. Matt was glaring daggers at the both of us which I chose to ignore. I didn’t think it were possible for this much drama to go down in one week. To find myself having feelings for one of my best friends, stronger feelings than I had ever had before. To find out that he liked me back, for him to profess his love for me to the whole entire school, for him to fight with my boyfriend and then to find out that Matt had cheated on me. For someone who can usually tell what people are feeling, this was all a shock to me.
As we sat in the hospital wing, I felt a hand cover mine. It was Fred’s. I looked up to him and he smiled at me. “We need to talk about all of this.” He stated. I nodded knowing he was right.
“You should get some rest.” I stood up from the seat and kissed his cheek lightly. “I’ll talk to you later okay?”
He gave my hand one last tight squeeze before I walked out of the hospital wing and off to class. As you can imagine the whole school was buzzing with the news of a fight. So many rumours were spread. Someone had heard that Fred had turned Matt into a lizard. This made me laugh. I got to my DADA class and George and El stood there waiting for me.
“How is he?” El asked as I walked up to her. Her hand was intertwined with George’s.
“He’s okay.” I said. “They just wanna keep him up there until tonight just to make sure everything is okay.”
“That’s good.” She smiled engulfing me into a hug. “How are you doing?”
“Shocked to say the least.” I smiled pulling away. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“Sweetie, you were in your own world with Matt, if I had told you about him sleeping around there is no way you would have believed me.” She smiled sadly. “There are just some things that you have to find out on your own.”
I nodded. Just then I spotted Penni and Sam over near the classroom door. “I’ll be back.” I walked over to the pair who were in a hushed chat to each other.
“Oh hi Audrey!” Penni smiled. “How are you doing?”
“I’m okay now.” I smiled. “I just came over to thank you both for stepping in at the fight. Sam if it weren’t for you those boys would have killed each other. And Penni, thank you so much for being the calm head when it came to helping Fred.”
“Anytime.” Sam smiled.
“What Sam said.” Penni said. “It was nothing.”
I smiled at their modesty. “Hey, I know this is random and off topic, but there is a hogsmede trip this weekend and I was wondering if you guys would like to join me and my friends for lunch? My shout as a thank you!”
“We’d love too!” Penni smiled excitedly. “Although we couldn’t ask you to pay for us!”
“It would be fine!” I smiled.
“As out thank you, you let us pay?” Sam suggested.
“Okay then.” I said. “Say around 1 at The Three Broomsticks?”
“Alright then!”

The rest of the day was a complete blur. All up until we were eating dinner in the great hall and Fred walked in. He smiled when I made eye contact with him as he made his way over. He sat in the seat next to me and whispered ‘black lake after dinner’. I nodded. For the rest of dinner El, George, Fred and I all talked about the fight. I told them that Penni and Sam would be joining us for lunch on Saturday. The all agreed that it was a good idea. Dinner went fairly slowly, but after a while everyone started crowding out through the main doors. I felt a hand grab mine and drag me and soon enough I found myself starring out to the black lake with Fred by my side.
“Creepy right?” Fred grinned. I could only just make out his features in the moonlight that reflected of the smooth surface of the late.
“Just a little.” I smiled.
“Wonder what would happen if you fell in?” At that moment Fred pushed me forward. I screamed, then he pulled me back.
“Asshole!” I folded my arms across my chest. He pulled me into a hug. “Get of me you big meanie!”
He laughed at me. “You’re so adorable.”
I blushed. Lucky it was dark and he couldn’t see it. “I suppose we should get down to business.” I said.
“You make it sound like we are doing something illegal!” he laughed. “Can’t we just enjoy our time?”
“No, because we are out past curfew!” I stated. “And have you seen what has happened to everyone who has gotten a detention with Umbridge?!”
“The things you do for love!” Fred grinned. I looked at him sternly. “Fine!”
He sighed and took a seat on the ground, motioning for me to do the same. He was playing with his hands like he does when he gets nervous. To be honest, I was nervous too. As much as it sounds straight forward from here onto to the dating track it wasn’t. We had both been friends for so long, did we really wanna risk it? And if we didn’t we would still know about having feelings for each other.
“I don’t really know how to put the Audrey.” He sighed. “I like you, a hell of a lot more then I should. You have been out my league for so long and everyone has always given me crap for liking you like I do. I mean look at you! You are beautiful, smart, funny. Every single guy in this school is head over heels for you just like I am.”
I snuggled into him, resting my head on his shoulder. “The difference is I don’t want those guys Fred. I want you.”
He smiled. “I’m a risk taker if you are willing to be?”
“Let’s do this then.” I smiled.
Then he turn into me, lifting my chin up from his shoulder with his fingers and bringing my lips to his and they began to move in sync with one another. It was far from perfect, the grass was wet and it was freezing cold. But that’s okay, because I was never one for perfect corny romance anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Graveyard Dancing - D.R.U.G.S