Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

eight.

It was officially holidays and Hogwarts was buzzing with energy before everyone headed home to see their families. This year, as always both Eloise and I would be joining the Weasley family for our usual holiday antics. We were all packed and waiting for the train to arrive to take us home.

The train trip went faster than expected, due to the excited chatter about getting to go home. Mr and Mrs. Weasley met us at the train station to take us home as usual. We spent our time filling them in with what had been happening at school and the filled us in on what was happening it home. By the time we got home, we were all looking forward to Mrs. Weasley’s home cooked dinner and just simply laying about for the rest of the evening. After dinner we all went our separate ways to just relax. Fred and I lay on the bed in the room I was sharing with Hermione, enjoying our first real alone time since we started dating.

Curling myself up into Fred’s side, I felt content. “Can we stay like this forever, please?” I asked, never wanting to move.
Fred smiled down at me. “You have no idea how much I wish it was possible.”
“Too bad I need a god damn drink.” I sighed. “I don’t want to move though.”
“Stay with me.” Wrapping his arms around me, Fred made sure there was no way I was getting out.
“Fred.” I whined. “I promise I’ll be back.”
“Fine.” He sighed, letting me go from his grip. I headed down towards the kitchen area, but stopped on the bottom stair once I head yelling from inside. Staying out of view, I crept up to the doorway.

“What did he want with her?” Lupin’s voice asked, in a calm manor. There was a slight pause before the second voice answered.
“I’m not sure.” It was Harry. “Something about her being really powerful. He wanted to use it to his advantage.”
“What else happened?” This time it was Sirius’s voice asking Harry the question. What the hell were they going on about?
“That’s all I got.” Harry sighed. “I woke up after that.”
Harry must have had a dream about something important. By the sounds of it, the Order was clearly stressed about it. This was just what we all needed, someone else getting involved in this mess.
“Do you think it means anything?” Harry asked, sounding worried.
“We’d be stupid not to be prepared for it.” Lupin’s sighed. “When haven’t your dreams been correct?”
“What do we tell her?” Sirius asked. “I mean, Audrey’s a tough girl but this?”
Whoa, back up a second there. Did they just say my name? My hands suddenly became shaky as I backed away from the door. What could You-know-who possibly be interested in me for? I wasn’t anything special, nor was I powerful. He had this all wrong.

Suddenly I felt sick, my stomach turning at the thought of him even knowing my name, let alone plotting something with me involved. Racing back up the stairs, I entered the room Hermione and I shared still clearly shaken. Fred looked up from his position on my bed.
“Audrey?” He asked, standing up and walking over to me. “What’s wrong?”
I shook my head, not wanting to worry him. “I don’t feel that well. I think I should head to bed.”
“Did you want me to get mum to check up on you? See if there is anything she can do?”
“No, it’s just a headache I need to sleep off.” I lied, just wanting to go to bed.
Fred sighed, placing a quick kiss on my lips. “Okay. But come and get me if you need me?”
I nodded again. With that he headed off back to his and George’s room, leaving me to over think everything I had just heard. It’s safe to say that I got very minimal sleep that night.

The next morning’s breakfast was awkward for me. Everyone else was in their normal happy and chipper holiday moods, while I sat at the table playing around with my food. I caught Mrs. Weasley, Lupin and Sirius all looking over at me at one point or another. They all tried making casual small talk towards me, which usually I would have brushed off but this was just awkward now that I knew. I guess they were trying to make it less obvious that something was up, but if anything it was making it more obvious. Once everyone had finished breakfast George, Ginny, Ron, Harry Hermione and El all headed back upstairs. Fred and I were on kitchen clean up this morning, so we stayed behind and began to grab the plates. We headed over to the sink with everyone’s dirty plates in arms, ready to start the clean up when Mrs. Weasley began to grab them off us.

“I’ll clean up this morning.” She smiled down at us. “Go head up stairs and enjoy the first day of your holidays with the others.”

I knew she was only doing this because they probably wanted to talk about my situation without us overhearing. Knowing she was only trying to help, I tried my best not to let it get to me but after everyone treating me like I was dumb this morning, I snapped. “Would you stop acting like you’re all walking on eggshells around me?” I yelled. “I know, okay?”

All of the adults looked at me in shock, Fred on the other hand just looked plain confused as to why I was yelling. “What do you mean you know?” Lupin asked, cautiously.

“I overheard the other night.” I admitted. “About Harry’s dream.”

Consecutively, all of the adults faces dropped. All of them understanding now why I had snapped. I wasn’t entirely sure as to why I snapped like I did, I guess I was just sick of not knowing anything and to be perfectly honest, I was scared. “When were you going to tell me?” My voice broke as I tried to keep it all back.

“One we knew more.” Lupin answered. “We didn’t want to scare you until we knew if it was a real threat or not, Audrey.”

“And is it?” I snapped. I didn’t mean for it to be this mean towards them, it was all my pent up frustration and emotions that had been threatening to spill since I found out. All of which were starting to come flying out.

Lupin sighed. “We’ve only had the chance to talk to Severus about it in short, and if anyone is going to know about it, it’s him. We think there is a fair chance that it’s a real danger.”

Fred looked around the room, confused. He finally spoke up. “What’s a danger?” He asked, trying to wrap his head around what was happening.

“Harry had a dream that You-know-who wants to use Audrey’s power to his advantage.” Lupin explained. “We’re not entirely sure how at this point, we don’t have much to go on.

Fred’s face dropped as he looked up at me. “No, no.” He stood up. “This has to be a mistake. She’s just a normal witch with normal power. What could he want her for?”

“That’s what we’ve been trying to piece together.” Lupin sighed. “We think it might have something to do with your mothers bloodline.”

“What’s so special about my bloodline?” I asked, intrigued. “And how can he use it to his advantage?”

“The Blair bloodline is the only bloodline in history to have only consecutive female children. Only ever one child per generation. Now, from what we have read all of these women have been fairly powerful witches down until your grandmother.” Lupin walked over to a book sitting on the table, opened it and slid it over to where I was standing. The book showed a family tree of my mothers side with notes next to each family member. “How much do you know about your grandmother?”

I shrugged. “Nothing really. Mum never really wanted to talk about her, to be honest. Said it was a story best left untold.”

Lupin nodded, before continuing. “All of your relatives kept fairly quite about their power and talents but not your grandmother. She made it very clear to everyone around her just how powerful she was. Anyone who ever questioned her ability, lets just say it wasn’t pretty.”

“What does any of this have to do with you-know-who wanting me?” I asked.
“With your grandmothers ability to harness the amount of power that she that she could, we believe that you-know-who thinks he can harness that power through you.” Lupin explained. “If he can get to you there’s a ritual, I guess you could call it, which would allow him to access your whole bloodlines power making him virtually indestructible.”

Swallowing hard, I looked up at Lupin. “What does the ritual entail?”

“It doesn’t matter because he’s not going to get his hands on you.” Fred interrupted, clearly not liking where this was going. “It’s not going to happen.”

“Fred,” Mrs. Weasley spoke up for the first time in an attempt to comfort her son.

“No.” Fred shook his head. “He is not going to lay a finger on her and I will make sure of it if it’s the last thing I do, got it?”

Everyone in the room stood in silence, not sure what to say or do next. I wasn’t sure whether I felt better or worse knowing everything now. All I knew was that I couldn’t stay in that room. I walked past Fred and Mrs. Weasley and straight through the doorway to the kitchen. Luckily enough Hermione wasn’t in our room when I got up there, so I shut the door behind me and collapsed on the bed. How the hell did this get so messed up?
♠ ♠ ♠
Open Letter - The Amity Affliction

7am and mission complete! New chapter, layout and I've pretty much re-written the whole story. Enjoy and let me know what you think!