Sequel: Capella
Status: DONE!

Not Another Teenage Vampire Story

Coma

2 months passed.

I didn't cry after that night. I didn't do anything after that night actually. I felt severely empty inside. I just went through the motions of my life and put on a smile for Ryan. He'd spent every night with me after he'd found me on the floor. It was so much more then I could ask for. I plainly wasn't very fun to have around. School was around the corner, but I didn't care. Nothing brought me joy anymore so it didn't mean much for summer to be over. I didn't listen to music anymore, I didn't watch TV anymore. And I didn't dream anymore, except for tonight..

It was the day before he left for France. We were lying on his couch watching the remake of Halloween. About every 5 minutes I'd duck my head against his chest and scream. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world and I could feel him shaking with laughter every time I did it. The same routine would happen. I'd lift my head and give him a death glare, he'd burst out laughing more, and then I'd pout and pretend to be extremely hurt until he kissed me. Then the world stopped and time froze. When he kissed me, we were the only people on the planet and he was the only person on the planet that mattered to me.

It was up to the part where Micheal was about to kill this person. Okay yeah that was extremely vague considering he kills 'the person' every five damn minutes. Max slipped out from under and went to lie on the floor. "Come down here," he ordered glancing in my direction.

"No way, it's cold down there!"

He chuckled. "Exactly, that's why I need you down here."

I peered over to look at the floor and looked back at my warm fuzzy blanket. "No way," I answered sternly but with a smile.

He got up then, running up the stairs. Seconds later there were huge blankets and pillows being thrown down. Then I saw him throw himself down. He easily moved the coffee table across the room and started spreading out the blankets in its place. I watched him in awe; he was going through all this trouble just so I wouldn't be cold. Once everything was set up to his liking he laid down and patted the spot next to him, motioning me to join. I did as he wanted.

As soon as I was under the covers he attacked me. The blanket was now pulled over both our heads making it dark and he began to tickle me fiercely. I couldn't stop giggling. Damn Max, he knew all my weak spots. His hands were soon replaced by his mouth; I liked the direction this was going. His lips traveled up my neck till they found their way to my lips. He pulled back and looked into my eyes for a moment. Even in the dim light under the blankets I could see the intensity.

"I'm gonna miss you." I whispered.

"Me too Snuggums, every minutes." I smiled and he smiled back.

"You won't forget me right?" There was only a slight amount of meaning in my question but it was enough to reach him. He looked offended.

"Of course I wouldn't forget you. Are you kidding?" He studied my face, making my heart speed up. "Even when I'm halfway across the world, you'll still mean the world to me." He laughed, "That was really corny wasn't it?"

I felt my smile grow wider, "Yes, but corny is a very, very good thing." I kissed the corner of his mouth and rested my head on his shoulder. This is exactly where I wanted to be, and no distance can change this feeling.

He relaxed under me. "I love you," he whispered. "I always will."

"I love you too." I whispered back and dozed off to sleep.

But as soon as my eyes closed...

They opened.

I wasn't under the blankets cuddling with Max anymore. I was in my own bed. Slowly the events of what happened in the last two months sunk in, the hole in my chest reappeared with them. A single tear fell down my cheek. I really didn't want to get up and face the world. It didn't seem worth it but I dragged myself out of bed. Ryan was sleeping in a chair in the corner of my room. I smiled, he was really the bestest friend in the world.

I dragged myself to the bathroom having a really difficult time finding the light. Grudgingly, I took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, you know the usual. I walked around my house empty inside.I was just going through the routines while trying not to collapse from the gaping hole in my chest.

Once I was done with everything I could do, I sat on my bed. I just stared at the wall for I don't know how long until my phone rang. Not looking to see who it was, I felt around for it.

"Hmm?" I answered. My Heart stopped when I heard the voice on the other line.

"Maybe we shouldn't have broken up."
♠ ♠ ♠
>.<