Sequel: Capella
Status: DONE!

Not Another Teenage Vampire Story

Your So Cliche

He hid his smile and nodded. I just stared at him; my mind was telling me to run away but all my instincts were telling me to take a step closer to him. What the hell was wrong with me? I was inches from him now. I looked up into his eyes and got this strange déjàvu feeling. I took in every curve, every feature, and it seemed so familiar. What was happening? I brought my hand slowly towards his face and placed it on his cheek. Another huge flash of déjàvu hit me, it was harder this time. It seemed to be more of a memory than déjàvu. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He put his hand over mine and we stayed like that for awhile. Why was I even doing this? Why was he? Why did I suddenly feel so close to a stranger? Why did it feel so right? My hand fell and it was over. His eyes open and he sighed, he looked like he was struggling to find the right words to say.

“Another time.” He finally stated and it sounded like he meant it. Still in a daze, I followed him to what I supposed to be his car. I’m no expert with cars or anything, but I was smart enough to know that this was no cheap I’m-17-And-I-Just-Got-My-First-Car car. It looked like an alien space craft. I laughed to myself realizing how much this was like twilight, the whole vampires have expensive cars thing. He motioned for me to get in the passenger side and I did as I was told. I had already made up in my extremely confused mind that I wasn’t going to be running away anytime soon. First of all, because he said I was in danger and I didn’t know from whom...or what. And second, because it was literally impossible. Every time I tried to take a step away from him my body wouldn’t obey. It was like I was a prisoner of my own mind, or maybe as a vampire Caleb had some kind of mind tricks. I’d ask later.

As soon as my seat belt clicked we were off, we had to be going at least 80 mph. God damn, I guess vampires really liked driving fast. But although I was riding in an 80 mph metal death trap, I felt oddly safe. “Can you please say something; you haven’t spoken in an unusually long amount of time, especially for you.” He was looking at me.

“Oh, uh,” How do you make conversation with a vampire? “Nice weather isn’t it? It’s really sunny which is weird…Wait oh I’m sorry, do you not like sun or something I mean you’re a vampire. I don’t know if anything’s true, well I’ve seen you in the sun before and you didn’t sparkle or anything. Wait can you sleep? I’ve always wondered I mean...” I was interrupted by his laughing. Why was he...? “Oh, I was babbling, wasn’t I?”

“Just a bit, love.” He kept laughing. “Hold on,” he caught himself. “You think we sparkle? That’s an odd myth; I’ve never heard it before. Vampires sparkle in the sunlight.” He started laughing to himself.

I started getting defensive, as always. Twilight was my weak spot. “Well I didn’t think of it all on my own, it’s from a book.” He looked at me as if asking me to explain further. “It’s a book called Twilight, about a vampire named Edward Cullen who falls in love with a human named Bella Swan.” I sighed and smiled just thinking about the intense love story.

He started laughing again. Seriously now, even I knew I wasn’t that funny. “Preposterous.”

“Say what?” It had sounded like he sneezed.

“As if a vampire could ever fall in love with a human girl,” he scoffed. “It would be practically impossible. Humans and their mental thoughts.” I knew I shouldn’t have taken his ranting personal but I did. He was crushing my dreams, to become the next Bella Swan, which have been forming in the back of my head ever since 20 minutes ago when I found out vampires existed. I pouted.

“Oh I’m sorry love.” He looked panicked by my pouting, I laughed on the inside. “I guess I should explain to you why I broke you out of the hospital so quickly? By the way, I’m very surprised at you for agreeing so fast, the old you would’ve demanded an explanation right then and there.”

That genuinely confused me. “Why are you talking like you know me?”

“I guess I should explain that too.”
The car swerved into a driveway then, I had been so busy caught up with Caleb and everything I hadn’t realized that we were on our street, pulling into his driveway. “Can I go see Ryan first?” I asked stupidly knowing that he wouldn’t know who I was talking about.

“No. Definitely not, let me remind you that you’re still in extreme danger.” He was suddenly intense and so serious; it looked as if he would kill the closest thing to him. That so happened to be me. “Listen to me Melissa when I tell you, you are to trust no one from now on. Do you understand? No matter how long you think you’ve known them or how close you think you are. No one is to be trusted. Except me of course, I would die before letting anything happen to you.”

I felt my eyes bugging out of my head. I had so many questions and from Caleb’s rush I was guessing we had little time. I made eye contact with him and held him in place with my gaze. “Explain.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE ARE SO MANY MORE CHAPTERS..