Status: on hold

King Without a Crown

*** the Montigues and Capulets

Rain pelted the windsheild of the car I was in. It was dark, late, wet. Even in this weather, the nicests parts of town could be nasty. My eyes caught sight of a figure walking down the street. The lit end of a cigarette stood out amongst all the dark. My guard was up. A tap on my window. I rolled it down. An envelope dropped on the passenger seat. I sped off without a glance at the figure. In my line of work I had no time. My gloved hands picked up the envelope and shoved it in my coat pocket. I reached my first stop. A bar. Everyone was shady in this part of town. So getting rid of an expensive car here. No problem. I even made it easy. I left the keys in the ignition. Unlocked. My feet splashed along the sidewalk. At the corner I hailed a cab. He looked me over from his rear view mirror. I knew his look. Pervert. He was harmless. Nothing to be worried about. I threw some fifties his way and thanked him for the ride. Approaching my temporary home I glanced around. I held very still. Nothing but rain. Entering my house I cranked the heater and stripped my wet clothes. Carefully placing my Magnum Revolver on the table. I stared at the blank envelope. Wondering what laid inside. A picture. Of a high class woman. Auburn hair, blue eyes, pale skin. She was beautiful. A body most of the female persuasion would envy. And most of the male would want. I only smirked. Striking as she was, it wouldn't save her. Jennifer Reinelle. A woman of money and class. I knew her well. So did everyone else. She wasn't just any rich woman romping the streets. No. She had power and authority in this town. Reinelle is second in command at the Sanders estate. And anyone who is anyone would know they are elite in this town. A family name that most fear. Known for there wealth. An old name with an even older reputation. Yes, she was very important to him. And now to me as well, because my employer pays nicely. No issues with my costs. See in this respectable town. Where all people see is beautiful homes and big parties, are bigger more important events taking place. A war between families. Families that had been at a truce for the longest of times. Despite the hate they had for each other. Until the day the head of one family was murdered. Suspicions ofcourse led to the other house. Who else would even dare think of doing such a deed. Taking down a leader of such would be impossible... Unless you have the power and the motive. The Sanders house had both. Soon after the head of the Sanders house was killed. We all know who did that. Funny things start to happen when the Mafia starts up. More petty crime. Unintended murders. Stealing. Vandalism. Riots. And enemy quarrels. Think of this as Shakespere wrote about the Montigues and Capulets. Two house holds both alike in diginity. Only this isn't fair Verona. And fuck Romeo and Juliet. If anyone dare go astray from there loyalties, you better pray you are killed before they find you. So this is where someone like me comes in. I get hired to do some dirty work. A hit man. Or in my case hit woman. I'm not a part of either party. Except when my services are needed. Then I do what I need to do. But if I am asked for services else where at the same time I'll be glad to do it. For a price ofcourse. Its not easy living my life. I do kidnap and kill people for a living. Amongst other things. This woman. Jenn to those who are in her league. My next target. My job find where she goes, what she does, who she keeps around her, how deadly is she. Easy enough for now. I picked up my gun and went into my room. Grabbing fresh clothes. Keep it simple. Black tank top. Black pants. Boots. A fitted black long sleeve shirt and then my riding jacket. I tucked my Revolver in my holster. Made my way to the garage to the house. A sleek black street bike stood in the middle of the room. I hopped on and left my house. Rain drops splatted agaisnt the plastic of my helmet. The wind whipping past me as I raced at speeds that most wouldn't even attempt. As I reached my second destination for the night I slowed. In the diner I spotted the suit. I casually walked over and sat at the table next to him. Passing the envelope with my answer. He stood after placing it in his coat. I looked at his face. He smiled. Placed a hand on my shoulder and walked out. A waitress came over.

Waitress: back again Melly?

I gave a nod.

Waitress: I'll just bring out what you've been getting.

I smiled and looked out the window. The suit was just getting in his car. A bently. I watched him drive off. A plate was set infront of me.

Melly: hey.

Waitress: yes?

Melly: what do ya know about Jenn Reinelle?

Her eyes went wide.

Waitress: only that no one here calls her that?

Melly: oh yeah? What do ya call her?

Waitress: around here its Ms. Reinelle.

Melly: that's all you know?

Waitress: its best we folk don't meddle in their business.

I nodded.

Melly: their business?

Waitress: you should watch how you talk around here. People might take it the wrong way. I know you just curious but some don't take kindly to curious folk.

Melly: I'll be sure to remember that.

She smiled nervously and walked off. I looked at the counter. A pair of eyes watched me. I'd have to becareful when I went home
♠ ♠ ♠
back in black