Status: on hold

King Without a Crown

Keep your Hands on the Table

My gloatful stance let the man in the room know, I was the expert needed. My arms were crossed over my chest and a smug smile lingered on my lips. Johnny Seward. What could be said about him. He should be a hit man. His serious face never faltered. Youngest male of the Sanders family business. He didn't talk much. He didn't need to. Like I said he should be a hit man. He's great at gathering information and finding people. That's why he's here. He's been tracking me down since I got into town. I know because I've keeping my eye on him. He keeps track of people like me. To bad he hasn't been doing to well. We met half way. Silently we sat at a table.

Johnny: keep your hands on the table.

I obliged. He kept his on the table aswell.

Johnny: you've heard what's happened.

Melly: I have.

Johnny: Matthew is willing to work out a deal.

Melly: I'm suprised.

He gave me a look.

Melly: why didn't you take care of it? Its not like you can't.

He smirked.

Johnny: I'm taking care of it now.

Melly: you are. What can I do to help the Sanders family?

Johnny: get her back.

Melly: simple enough. How much?

Johnny: Matthew said six million.

I smiled. This is better than I thought.

Melly: that's a nice amount of change.

Johnny: its no issue. I'll be going with you.

I sat forward.

Melly: then I won't be able to accept this offer.

Johnny: it won't be easy getting two people out alive.

Melly: two.

He smirked again.

Johnny: we want James and we want him alive.

Something caught my attention outside. I looked out the window. He perked up and stared at me.

Johnny: who is it?

Melly: Jason Barry and Danny Abel.

He remained calm. Danny Abel. Small, tough, and strong. Third in the Haner house. Most nobel. He would proudly take a bullet for anyone in his family. Ofcourse you probley have to shoot him nine times. The man has survived the most brutal of attacks. He knows what he stands for. And that is to honor the Haner name at any cost. With or without blood on his hands.

Melly: tell Matthew I accept.

He stood ready to draw his weapon.

Melly: no. I can take care of it. You are no good to me injured.

I walked over to the men.

Melly: looking sharp boys.

Jason: Melly.

Melly: your brother says hello.

He made a face.

Danny: his brother works for the Sanders swine. A traitor of the worst kind. If you can't trust your own flesh and blood, its obvious what must be done.

Melly: I wouldn't know about that. I work for myself.

Danny: yes well you're the exception.

Jason: if I don't kill him first be sure to tell him I will.

Melly: will do. What brings you here?

Jason: we've come to find you.

Danny: Brian wants to give you the rest of the pay.

Melly: ah yes. I do want that.

Jason: he said you would be here.

Melly: good guess.

The huge mansion wasn't heavily guarded. I'm not ignorent though. A place this big. Belonging to someone as important as he is, is not ever unwatched. The two men escorted me inside. Being ever watchful of my movements. We walked into a lavish office. Fire place, bar, the works. He sat at his desk like royalty.

Brian: nice work.

Melly: I know.

Brian: I'm glad I went to you.

Melly: I don't lie when I say I am the very best.

Brian: yes. Here.

He shoved the rest of my cut.

Melly: is that all? Or is there anything else I could do for you?

Brian: yes, I'm inviting you to the party tonight. Down town.

Melly: party? I will see if I can make it.

Brian: Jason please show her out.

He gave a nod and led the way.

Melly: where are they keeping her?

Jason: you know I'm not entitled to to tell you.

Melly: Jason who would I tell? I'm on my own team.

Jason: exactly. You could give that info to anyone for the right price.

Melly: you got me there. what's the party for?

Jason: one of the many Brian throws for fun.

Melly: I see. Do you regret what you did to your brother?

He smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

Jason: taking you from him was the easiest and best thing I've ever done.

I smiled. To tell you the truth I disliked both the Barrys. But the best way to break a brothers bond. Twins bond, is to come between them. They are less of a threat this way. I walked out of the house and a cab was waiting for me.

Cabbie: where to Miss?

Melly: the Sanders estate please.

He looked at me horrified.

Cabbie: Miss you sure?

Melly: yes.

He drove. People don't usually mingle with the Haners and the Sanders. You sided with one. I knew going there wouldn't be a problem. No one would be following me. I paid the cabbie and walked up to the house. A maid showed me in. I stood in the big living room. Staring at a painting. I turned at the sound of footsteps. Matthew Sanders. One of the most attractive men I've ever come across. Born leader. He was huge. Full of muscle. The kind of man who was willing to listen then kill you.

Matthew: Melly thank you for coming.

Melly: thank you for coming to me.

Matthew: so we have a deal then?

Melly: yes. Six million will be more than generous.

Matthew: I'll pay you when you bring me both of them with Johnny. Then I have another assignment for you.

Melly: alright but may I suggest we go tonight. Haner is having a big party down town.

Matthew: a party? For what?

Melly: why do any of you have parties?

He laughed a bit. Johnny came in. His face serious as always.

Melly: tonight me and you have fun.

He gave a nod. I let a finger slide down his chest. The white button up smooth.

Melly: aren't you excited? Cause I am.

He smirked a bit.

Melly: I'll be back. I need to get a few things before we can go.

Matthew: I will get you everything you need.

Melly: I need a dress. Jimmy will be at the party.

Matthew: done. Johnny you and her go. Anything else she needs get.

Melly: you're very generous.

Matthew: Jenn is important to me.

Melly: I understand.

We walked out.

Johnny: where should we go for your dress?

Melly: take me somewhere Jenn would go.

As I walked to the big hall for the party I saw the Bently. I smiled and entered the decorated hall. Live music playing in the background. Champagne being passed around. Expensive. I scanned the place. Balcony.

Brian: you made it.

Melly: looks like I did. Should I expect trouble.

He looked around and was contemplating.

Brian: we can only hope.

Revenge was the only thing stuck in his mind. And Matthews. It blinds you. Revenge. Much like jelousy. Strong emotions that take over and make you do irrational things. But if you play your cards right and keep the beast under control, it can work to your benifit.

Melly: really extravagent Brian.

Brian: thank you.

Jimmy: hello Melly.

Melly: hello James.

Jimmy: you look amazing in that dress.

Melly: thank you.

The red satin dress accentuated all the right parts. Brian walked off to talk.

Jimmy: he is just itching for a fight. Waiting for them to make a move.

He indicated to the door.

Melly: hmm looks like he'll get his wish.

Johnny and Matt Barry walked in. Looking very well dressed. I felt Jimmy tense up a bit.

Melly: not to worry Jimmy. There are only two.

Jimmy: but as you and I both know, Johnny should be watched.

Melly: we should be more concerned about the brothers. They might start a fight. We don't need that kind of word going out to the cops.

Jimmy reached for his gun and I mimicked his move. Brian had approached them. Things were thick. I watched this interesting interaction. A handshake. A truce for the night. Jimmy's blue eyes narrowed. Suspicion swept his face. Johnny shot a look our way and continued on. Brian made his way over to us.

Brian: Jimmy, keep your eyes sharp.

Jimmy: ofcourse.

Brian: Melly you wouldn't happen to know what's going on?

Melly: I'd imagine suspicion is all. I'll go take a closer look. Free of charge.

I flashed a smile and lost myself in the crowd. A firm hand pulled me.

Johnny: get Jimmy alone. Kill anyone who gets in your way.

I nodded. I slipped away. Reaching Jimmy's side again.

Jimmy: well?

Melly: they know I went to check for you. He said nothing.

Jimmy: smart. If its called for take them out. Make sure nothing happens to Brian. Don't worry, you'll be paid.

Melly: with pleasure. Let's toast to it. I'll get us some drinks.

I walked off to grab some drinks. Whisky, strong. My eyes darted around. No one was paying attention to me. I dropped some magic podwer in his drink. Quickly stirring it before going back.

Melly: here Jimmy.

He took it down in one swig. His eyes never once leaving the two.

Melly: damn, should I get you another.

Jimmy: yes.

I did and he drank that in a gulp too. I watched as his shoulders started to sag and his eyes drooped a bit. My powdery assistant was kicking in.

Melly: you look like you need fresh air.

Jimmy: I think you're right.

We went outside. The cool air hit my exposed skin.

Jimmy: ugh...

Melly: are you alright?

Jimmy: just feeling light headed.

Melly: maybe you drank to much.

Jimmy: I had a few earlier.

Melly: you know I don't hate this part.

Jimmy: wh-what?

He was to out of it to even know his name. I wrapped my arms around him.

Melly: time to go to sleep.

I pinched the right spot in the back of his neck. He went limp in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big Bang Baby...