Status: CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL!

Babbling, Bumbling Band of Baboons

Feasts and trains

My eyes shot open as fast as a bullet leaves the barrel. I started coughing as I shot up, sitting up, covering my mouth. Ugh, what was this horrid taste? I rubbed my eyes before looking at Madam Pomfrey, when did I get to the hospital wing? Last thing I remember seeing was that snake.

"Alright, deary? It's just the taste of the Mandrake juice, it should go away in a few minutes. There's a fresh pair of clothes from your trunk at the end of the bed, feel free to get dressed then head down to the Great Hall, there's a feast celebrating and welcoming all of you students back who were petrified." She smiled sweetly at me, quickly turning to another petrified student.

I just blinked at Madam Pomfrey before someone hugged me, saying my name with glee. It was that Hermione Granger. Her arms wrapped themselves around me tight as she began to speak. "You're okay! And Harry and Ron solved it!" I didn't know what she was talking about. What had the two of them solved? I'm sure they'd tell me when we had gotten to this feast downstairs.

"Solved what? And I'm fine, I guess I was petrified. . . . I don't know what happened after I saw that huge snake in the window."

"Oh, yes, you were petrified before we really found out anything. That was a basilisk. I saw it too, in a mirror. Lucky our eyes didn't meet it's real eyes. . . . We wouldn't be here right now. But Harry and Ron, they figured out the Chamber of Secrets!"

After all of the students who had been petrified, Mrs. Norris, and apparently Sir Nicholas were awake and ready, we all walked to the Great Hall together. We had been informed how long we were out for. We had no idea it was so long. No one was in the halls. Unbelievable how quiet it was. The corridors were abandoned, not even a tiny pet rat or cat could be heard. All of our heads just kept turning to each other, we knew there was a feast, but it was odd how empty they were. When Sir Nicholas, Colin, Justin, Hermione, Penelope and I had reached the door that was shut, we all looked at each other and nodded. We were waiting to re-enter the Great Hall for the first time in a long time.

As soon as the large, heavy, brown oak doors were open, everyone looked right at the door, smiling. It was odd. I had been to many special feasts, but everyone was in their pajamas. We slowly walked in, Hermione was spotted by Ron and Harry almost instantly. She ran up to them, hugging them saying, "You solved it! You solved it!"

Before I could even look straight to find the twins, I was attacked. Well, attacked with a hug from two people at once, I should say. I looked a bit shocked as the twins hugged me tightly. Slowly, my arms wrapped around their sides hugging them back. As we stood like that for about a few minutes, just hugging each other tight. I closed my eyes, smiling. When they pulled back, it seemed both of them were almost in tears. I blinked as I smiled. "Why are you two almost in tears?"

"Do you have any idea how worried we were?!" The both yelled at once.

Fred hugged me, kissing the side of my head many times. "I'm sorry," he repeated in between. It was like when you get into a fight with a close brother, one gets hurt, and then the other realizes they were wrong. "I'm sorry for being a prat — I'm sorry we couldn't protect you — I'm sorry I yelled at you — I'm sorry."

I couldn't help but let a laugh, slip. "Fred, it's fine. I forgive you, I'm just glad to be back." Fred let go of me as he saw his brother's eyes. I slowly looked at George, who was almost in tears still. Both of us slowly walked towards each other as we embraced in a tight hug. I hid my face in his chest while he rested his head on top of mine.

"I've missed you. . ."

I gripped the back of his shirt, smiling into his chest. "I've missed you, too. . . . Both of you."

George kissed the top of my head softly before Fred joined us for one more hug. It was nice being in their arms once more. I had thanked Harry, who Fred and George had too, for saving both Ginny and I. We also thanked Ron right after. I had also told Louise that I was sorry for what happened at Quidditch.



What was little left of the rest of the year flew by, all exams were cancelled, couldn't get better than that.

As we neared King's Cross Station, Harry had turned to Ginny. "Ginny — what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tell anyone?"

I was leaning against George's arm, yawning with Riku in my arms, he was sleeping. Poor cat was exhausted as I was. George and I were sitting at Fred's feet. Fred and Louise were holding hands and sitting next to Ginny. Hermione, Ron and Harry sat next to each other, Harry in the middle. We knew we weren't supposed to have that many people in a compartment, but we didn't care. Well, everyone besides Hermione.

"Oh," she began to giggle. "Well — Percy's got a girlfriend."

Fred dropped books on top of George's head. I quickly grabbed one of them, hitting Fred's knees. "Don't drop books on his head!"

"Don't sit where I drop my books," he laughed before looking at Ginny. "What?"

"It's that Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater. That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when — you know — attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" Ginny asked them anxiously, waiting for their response. I looked from George to Fred, both of them grinning.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Fred said, beaming brightly.

"Definitely not," said George, trying to hold in a laugh.

"George," I turned to him. "Promise you'll write?" I questioned as the train came to a stop.

"Twice a day if you want."

"The same goes for you, Fred."

"Of course, Abbie. Just not twice a day. George would kill me because you're his girlfriend."

". . .I-I am not!"

"Oh, right. That was just George calling you his girlfriend when we found out you were petrified. He screamed out 'oh no, my girlfri—'" Fred was cut off by George elbowing him hard in the shin. Fred yelped in pain.

"I have no idea no idea what he's talking about. Not at all." George feigned to not know what Fred was talking about as he managed a smile, his face completely red.
♠ ♠ ♠
LAST CHAPTER!
Now.
Sequel starts right after this. (:
Like today.
So gogogogogogo.