I Know Where Adalia Is...

First and Last Chapter

"Any news on Adalia?" Matthew asked our dad.

Dad was one of the officers who were in charge of the disappearance of Adalia case. Everyday Matthew would ask him that. Adalia was one of his best friends. Mine as well.

"Nope." Dad said as usual. "Nothing at all. Sorry, kid."

Matthew frowned and looked down at his dinner. I let out a small sigh and got up, "I'm going to head upstairs. Not really hungry. Thanks, dad..."

Dad grunted and Matthew looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I gave him a small nod and proceeded upstairs into Matthew and I's bedroom. I collasped onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. God dammit, Adalia...Where can you be?

Adalia. How that name just rolls off my tounge. My best friend - My crush...My angel. I absolutely love her. Unfortunately, she disappeared the day I was about to confess. Why me?

I turned onto my stomach and stuffed my face into my pillow. "Adalia...I love you..."

I soon drifted into a dream I would never forget. A dream where I will see my true love for the last time. A dream that would solve the whole damned case. A dream that kills me...

"Nathan..." Her sweet, honey-like voice echoed.

"A...Adalia?" I croaked.

Then she appeared. Like magic, as some would say. Her beautiful dark brown hair, flowing in the wind. She was wearing the same clothes I saw her in the day of her disapearence. Her face was much more pale. Too pale.

I ran to her and opened my arms for a hug that I missed for too long, but she moved out of the way, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Nathan...As much as I want to hug you back, I cannot do that."

I frowned like a little kid, "Why not?"

"You'll see..." Adalia sighed.

There was a long period of silence as we stared into each other's eyes. Until that I decided that it was time... I took a deep breath and then said, "Adalia...I wanted to...w-wanted to..."

Adalia smiled, "Tell me something?"

"Y-Yes...that...um..." I looked down at the beautiful brown and orange, crips leaves under my feet.

"Don't worry about it, Nathan. I feel the same way..."

My head shot up at her. She was smiling from ear to ear. I blushed, "R-really?"

Adalia nodded. "I wish you could've told me sooner, though..." She turned around and stared at the lake. She stayed quiet for a solid minute as tears start to flow down her cheeks.

"Adalia...Why are you -" I reached out for her hand. My hand went through her's. It felt as though it just went through cold water.

Adalia gasped and moved her hand behind her. "Nathan - I..."

I could've almost heard the click in my head as I finally figured out what she was saying. I bit my lip and felt warm tears roll down my cheeks. "Don't even say it."

She almost looked taken back and then frowned. "I'm...sorry..."

"Who did it?" I cried. My voice echoed through the empty town.

"My kidnapper..." She looked onto the ground as if ashamed.

"Who was your kidnapper?" I croaked.

"I d--don't know..." Adalia said.

I sneered at her and then realized how much I must've hurt her. I looked away and bit my lip again before asking her, "Where's your body?"

"Under the bridge..." She mumbled, turning around to point under the Madina bridge.

I walked over to her side, feeling my left arm being dip into cold water where our shoulder's should've brushed softly. "Why do I feel like this is a huge nightmare?"

"Because it is..." Adalia said. I raised an eyebrow at her. "I love you, Nathan Leone."


I jumped and sat up straight, breathing heavily. Sweat was rolling down my body. I looked to my left where Matthew was sleeping in his bed.

"Wake up...WAKE UP!" I yelled at my brother, who woke up immediately.

"Huh - -What?" Matthew mumbled.

I slid out of bed and walked out of the bedroom and into Dad's. He was at his desk working on some papers.

"Dad,"

"Yes, Nathan?"

"I know where Adalia is..."