One Way Avenue

Lizzy

My God! My head was pounding really heavy - shit! I was hung-over, it was dawn, and the rush hour traffic didn't help the pounding in my head. Where the hell was I? The sign above my head read 'One Way.' One way to where?? Ugh, I needed an aspirin!

I was so lost . . . Mom and step-dad, Bob, could go and lick a dog's ass for all I cared. There was no way in hell they were forcing me to attend some ivy league prep school for college! Who cares about fancy schools with valedic-whatever's and tea and crumpets with Mr. Professor! Who wants to talk about loads and LOADS of money and upper class society and . . . and being related to big corporate rich guys in suits?! I hate Mom's shiny, new convertible. I hate living in a three story mansion with a ratty chihuahua and a personal chef. All I want is for the pounding in my head to stop!

So, I was just walking down this 'One Way' street; I had no exact direction. I haven't had any real direction the past twenty-four hours! I just keep going and going - but where to? I don't know 'where to' I'm headed. I guess I was somewhere downtown . . . Pittsburgh? Whatever.

I was right next to a bus stop when all of a sudden, I see this girl walking toward me from the other side of the street. She looked short . . . she had long black hair and blue eyes - she looked exactly like me! God, but that couldn't be right, could it? I was pretty hung-over, you see? No. She didn't look like me; not in the least bit. I'm tall with blonde hair and dark eyes.

This girl kept walking toward me. As soon as we were only a foot apart from each other, we stared into each others eyes for a moment. It was weird . . . like I wanted something from her and she wanted something from me.

"Weird," we both muttered at the same time; I gasped. What the fuck was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
I just came up with this idea a few minutes ago and I haven't really revised anything, yet. I was typing this as I was half asleep, which works all the better considering the narrator for this chapter is supposed to be hung-over, anyway, and most of it is supposed to sound like jibberish and nonsense. I would've posted it later, but eh. I was in the mood at the time.