Believe Me I'm Lying

Sept

The sound of light snoring woke Chloé up. She shook her head, her blonde hair scattering across the pillow as she lay back down. She looked at Jonathan, regret instantly filling her. Was he going to shout at her and tell her to leave again? She didn't want to chance it. She quickly slid out the bed, making her way past the bottom and picking up her clothes. She dressed quickly, without too much hopping around and found herself walking down the same set of stairs she already had walked a few times.

The smell of breakfast hit her, and she was greeted by Caleb. He turned round, catching her off guard and coughed lightly. She turned to look at him and smiled weakly.

"I don't know why you did what you did," Caleb said, his voice full of sympathy, "But I don't think this time you should leave."

Chloé bit down on her lip, walking towards the kitchen and leaning against a counter. "I don't think this time will be any different," she said and Caleb shrugged his shoulders.

"You never know," he started, but a female voice interrupted.

"That smells lov- Chloé!" Jade said, smiling widely and wrapping her arms around her friend. Chloé felt grateful she was there and wrapped her arms around her in return, they embraced each other and smiled. "I didn't think you stayed..." she said, but Chloé knew she was lying. Through those entrancing eyes of Jade's, Chloé could tell even the most difficult to tell, lies.

"I'm sure you didn't," she replied and Jade smiled weakly. Caleb looked at them with raised eyebrows.

"So... Breakfast anyone?" he asked.

_____________

They sat quietly, the smell of bacon and eggs mixed with the coffee that Jade had created. They might have as well ate alone, nobody spoke and nobody even acknowledged each other. Chloé was nervous, she knew last night was a bad idea. When was Jonathan going to awaken? What was he going to say? Just as she sat there, thinking these things, the subject of her thoughts arrived.

He stood in the door way, his brown hair sticking up in all places as he rubbed his tired eyes. He looked at the people before him, and a small smile come onto his lips. He didn't shout this time, or tell her to get out. He walked up and cuddled her from behind, kissing the top of her head.

"You stayed," he whispered and Chloé smiled weakly, and looked up at him.

"Yeah, I did," she replied.

"We'll leave you to it," Caleb said, and took Jade's hand, leaving the kitchen and climbing back up the stairs.

"I didn't expect you to stay," he said and walked over to the kitchen counter. He poured himself a cup of coffee and leaned against the counter. The cup he held was cupped in his hands, he brought it up to his lips. Taking a sip, he waited for Chloé to answer. She didn't, she merely just sat there, looking at him.

"It's not going to work though, is it?" She said out of no-where. Jonathan raised an eyebrow at her, confused as to where she got that idea from. He knew fine though, there was no need to be confused.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

Chloé laughed and shook her head. "I mean that there's no way that we'll ever be in a proper relationship. You sleep around too much, and I don't trust you. That's not a relationship, isn't it?" she said. She stood up, waiting for him to answer. But he didn't. He merely just looked at her and felt his eyes narrow.

"Chloé, what are you talking about? I haven't told you to get out, I haven't even made a sleazy or disrespectful joke!" Jonathan shouted, slamming his cup down onto the table.

"Why should that matter? It doesn't stop the fact that we'll never have a relationship. I'm ending anything we had," she said, quietly and walked towards him. She let her eyes gaze into his, and waited for him to say something, anything, to show that he cared. Nothing came though.

"I'm ending this," she said quietly again. "I don't want to be a drunken hook-up."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short... But that's because I don't know where this story is going. I feel they're just dragging on. I dunno what you guys want to see! Give me ideas and I'll write this story for you.

That's what it's all about ;)