London Calling

Sleepy future

On the way back to the hotel

During the journey back to the hotel, both men were silent. Brian was deep in thought; desperately trying to think of what he would say when he got back to Zack, if Zack would even talk to him. Matt on the other hand was half sleep once again; it had been a long night and he had spent most of it mediating between his friends.

More than anything else, the two men were grateful that all of this had occurred during their holiday; far away from recording, tours or TV appearances. The last thing they needed was faking smiles in front of the fans; they wanted everything for the fans to be real. They wanted to always be at their best. Events like this would only put unnecessary strains on the band, putting their future in danger.

The silence in the car was broken my Matt’s phone.

“Hey dude, what’s up?” He answered yawning. A feint voice could be heard from the receiver but not clear enough to make out what was being said. Although the voice was feint, Brian knew that voice belonged to Zack.

“Yeah we’re on our way back now; it should only be another ten minutes or so. Is everything ok on your side? Brian tried his best to make out what was being said but to no success.

“Ok, I’ll tell him. Bye.” Matt returned the phone to his pocket, turning to look at Brian.

“So is everything ok?” Brian mumbled.

“As well as they can be, you know considering the current circumstances. Alice and Tommy are asleep in Zack’s room. She had put him to sleep in there and it got too late to wake him up. So you’re going to have to be on your best behaviour when you get back.”

“What makes you think I won’t behave?”

“Did you not almost get yourself arrested?”

“Almost, I almost got myself arrested I do have some control.”

“Yeah, only because you passed out before you had the chance to do something stupid. Anyway that doesn’t matter now. What matters is that you and Zack either talk things out tonight or get some proper rest and sort it in the morning.” Matt was slowly getting angry; he had way too many dramatic late nights and was in desperate need of some sleep.

“I know. I just don’t know if I can get past this. I love Zack I really do, but all of this has been way too much to handle.” He hung his head low, letting his hair fall in front of his face hiding the tears that ran down his cheeks.

“It’s gunna hurt like fuck for a while but I know you two will get through this.” Matt sighed as the car pulled up outside the hotel.

As they walked through the hotel, Brian looked like he was walking the long walk to the execution chair, in a very posh prison that is. When they got to their rooms, Matt squeezed Brian shoulders; there was nothing he could say that Brian didn’t already know silent support was all he could offer. In times of crisis, just knowing that your friends are there for you is sometimes all you need.

Brian carefully opened the door, scared of what kind of reaction Zack might have to him returning. He was not surprised to see that Zack was asleep on the sofa, with only a thin blanket to cover him up. For a moment Brian was confused as to why he was out there until he remembered that Alice and Tommy were asleep in his room. He went to his room and grabbed the spare duvet that had been left in room. He covered Zack, who quickly curled up, thankful for the sudden warmth.

Brian sat himself down on the sofa, staring desperately at Zack hoping that he would get up to tell him it was just one big sick joke. No matter how much he stared, no matter how much he internally pleaded for something to make it all better, nothing changed. He sat in silence waiting for an answer that he that he knew would not come easily. Feeling defeated with the sudden presence of a hangover, Brian returned to his room. He stared at the empty bed and felt tears once again. He didn’t want to be alone, but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to sleep with Zack in his arms. Brian took his duvet into the lounge and made a bed on the sofa opposite to Zack. He may not have been able to have Zack in his arms but at least he would be the last thing he saw as he went to sleep.

Not long after Brian fell asleep, Zack awoke to find Brian snoring softly on the other sofa. He smiled to himself, relieved that 1. Brian was ok and 2. That Brian didn’t hate him. To Zack this was a sign that they still had a future together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right I've not posted in a while 'cause I've been ill.

I was considering stopping with chapter but then I thought of a new storyline to add a bit more drama. (Yes I barely plan ahead when I write). Right more will be up soon =]