Status: Active.

You Belong With Me

001.

As I walk down the long halls of High School, I hear people judging my appearance because of the way I choose to dress. I hear the pathetic giggles and I try not to let the people get to me, thinking, I'm used to it.

'Dork' I hear coming from behind me. As I carry on slowly, I slightly turn around to see Lindsay and her low life friends staring me down.

Walking into class is worse when you have people turning silent, just glaring at you before they erupt into giggles.

Recess comes quickly, and as I sprint out of my chair the teacher calls me back asking if I was ok, or if anything was bothering me.

'You don't seem yourself, you’re usually eager to learn and now you’re frightened to make a noise at the back of the class. What’s going on Taylor?' She stares at me.

'I'm fine Mrs. Carmen; I just don't have anything to say in class. It doesn't mean I'm not listening though,' I reply.

Going home is the best part of the day; it's when I feel most content and when I'm not worried to get my head stuck in a book. I go straight to my room without my Mum and Dad noticing to study.

*

'Your teacher rung today Taylor... she's really worried about you,' Mum says to me across the dinner table.

'Mum, don't you start, I'm fine,' I say looking away so she doesn't notice the tear welling up in my eye.

'People are just worried about you Taylor, are you being bullied?' She replies.

What was the point in telling her? She couldn't do anything about it, if it was one person maybe, but not the entire school.

'No Mum, I'm not being bullied,' I say while getting up from the table and running upstairs before I start sobbing in front of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
First short chapter, Nick J will be introduced later.
:)

Any comments on how I could improve this chapter?