Status: Active.

You Belong With Me

004.

My alarm went off and I switched it off while I was still half asleep, then I leaped out of bed. I woke up feeling really content and couldn't wait to find out what today would bring.

I walked down the stairs hearing laughter and chatting coming from the kitchen, I smiled. I bent down pulling my sneakers from the shoe rack. I put them on hastily rushing into the kitchen and picking up waffles as I wave rapidly at my family while I leave.

The front door slams as I hurry out, I feel a rush of disappointment when I notice Nick isn't outside.

I rush down the street questioning myself whether to get the bus or walk, I decide to walk.

A few minutes later I hear heavy footprints coming from behind me.

'Hey you,' I hear coming from behind me, excitement rush through my body when I heard his voice. I turn swiftly around to see his beautiful face and body facing me, he half smiles crookedly, and I smile back.

'Aren't you getting the bus?' I ask starring into his dark brown eyes.

'I'd much rather walk with you,' He says.

He'd much rather walk with me? What did this mean? Did he feel the same about me the way I feel about him? The same questions kept circling my head and made me feel faint.

I smile as I try to clear my head.

'Hey Taylor,' He says and stops. 'Why didn't I see you at recess yesterday? I looked for you everywhere and even asked people where you could be but they laughed in my face,' He says his voice turning deeper.

'I don't go outside, I go to the library, I study a lot,' I turn away feeling embarrassed but I was proud that I didn't lie. He laughed. That made me feel worse, I started walking again. He followed behind.

He suddenly stops again and his hand reaches out for my arm, his warm hand softly touches my arm, and a shiver strikes my body.

'I didn't laugh at you Taylor,' He says. 'I'm actually a little jealous, I do try to study hard but I can never stick to it,' His voice grew softer.

I was starting to move more rapidly and I could hear his footsteps travel behind becoming more and more faint.

* * *

The bell goes for recess and I get up from my desk briskly, then I rush out the room.

I decide to go outside for recess, to find Nick and apologize for our previous conversation. I notice Nick straight away with his hair swaying about. I see that he's with a girl with long, brown hair also swaying in the wind.

To my horror it was Lindsay the most popular girl in school, she has made more nasty comments to me than anyone else ever had, she was flaunting about obviously flirting. I looked at Nick seeing that his eyes were fixed on her beauty.

I step back, I slowly turn around and head for the building, my comfort zone.
♠ ♠ ♠
. . . any comments?