Status: Writing and may not write for a long time;)

Caught Red-Handed

Joe.

Sarah's eyes were closing, her head resting on my shoulder. I looked at the TV screen. It was near 11 pm. I sighed. If she didn't get home by 11:30, her parents were going to get worried. I slowly leaned away, letting her head rest againt the couch pillow. I stood up, and picked her up in my arms.
"Joe? Kev? A little help?" Joe leaned from the kitchen doorway, cheecks stuffed, snickering at the sight. He gulped and wolf-whistled.
"Waddaya want?"
"HELP."
"Oh, alright."
"Just grab the car keys...."
He walked down the corridor, scooping up the car keys and opening up the door for me.
"Thanks" I huffed.
"She seems heavy, do you want me to help you with that too?"
I turned to glare at him.
"Ok, ok, sheesh! I just asked if I could help..."
"Shut up, you're going to wake her up."
As Joe opened the car door for me, I slided Sarah into the back seats, being careful not to hit her head.
"Thanks Joe.. You can go inside now. See you in a bit."
Joe nodded in agreement and went back inside.
As I sped down the highway, my mind wandered again. During my wanderings, Sarah started talking in her sleep.
Her first word was "Nick". I was used to that...But in the middle,she very disturbingly said 'Joe'. Joe? JOE.
Dear God....
I tried hard not to linger on that. Relief washed over me as I got to her house. I went to Sarah's door and leaned down to her.
"Sarah? Sarah, sweety, wake up.." I paused to kis her lightly on the lips. "Sarah? Wake up, we're home now."
She groaned.
"Nick?"
"It's me..." I smiled. Her eyes opened and she sat up groggily. She groaned again.
I smiled at her and I decided to experiment with my charm.
"Maybe this will wake you up..." Her eyes flew open as I leaned into her and kissed her enthusiastically.
When we finally stopped, she put her forehead to mine and whispered: "You're a good goodbye kisser..."
I chuckled. "You're not so bad yourself." Just then, I realised a small slit of light coming from the front window. I saw a small part of Megan's face, glaring down on us, so immediately repositioned myself. After clearing my throat loudy, I said: "Ugh, Sarah, you should probably go now... Your parents will be worried. Goodnight." I helped her out of her seat.
"Night..." she said, with a bewildered look on her face. After she closed the door, with one last wave, I climed back into the car, and welcomed back the roadlights and the disturbing thoughts...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, Megan you ruin and will ruin everything...
Please read, comment and subscrie.
Thanks,
Bal'
xoxo