Status: Active

Autumn, Bekkah, and Joanne's Adventures

Bekkah: Pokémon and Painful Pasts

I sat – reluctantly – in my own hospital bed. My symptoms were clear, but they were still keeping me a little while longer. So, to pass the time, James and I were talking about the most ridiculous thing…Pokémon.

“Are you serious? I’m sorry but water, fire, and dark Pokémon kick ass. Anytime, anywhere.” I huffed and he rolled his eyes.

“I say all the medication they’re giving you is going to your head. Dragon, electric, and grass types own. End of story.” He retorted and I poked his chest.

“Nooo mister, your brain is getting clouded by the fucking awful hospital food!” I stuck out my tongue, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Are you two children done?” We turned to our right to see Tom leaning against the door frame.

“You’re just jealous that you’re not cool enough to talk about Pokémon.” I giggled, tugging at the hospital bracelet on my wrist. I’ve always hated them…they reminded me too much of my past in Massachusetts.

“Oh yes, because I really want to be talking about Pokémon and what types are the best…even though fire Pokémon rule…” He smirked and I did a victory dance.

“OH! In your faace!” I grinned to James, not letting up my victory dance.

“You must be on some pretty strong medication…” Tom noted, shifting away from my bed slightly.

“These meds aren’t that strong, chill. I’ve had waaaay stronger back in the day-” I covered my mouth in shock at what I had just said. Realizing what I just said, they raised their eyebrows at me.

“That’s a story for another time, kiddies.” I tried to wave it off, but I was shaking. My dad and I moved to Texas to get away from that and now…now it was coming back to haunt me.

“No,” James said strongly, sitting down beside me. Tom sat on my other side, looking at me with equal intensity.

“Tom, why aren’t you with-” “Don’t try to change the subject.” James’s authorative voice cut me off and I winced.

“What?” I snapped slightly irritated as to why he needed to know. I didn’t pester him about his past now did I? But, then again, anyone could look up his past…

“Tell us about ‘back in the day’.” His voice was softer this time, and more caring. I sighed in defeat, plopping back on my pillow.

“Fine. It all started a few weeks after my fifteenth birthday back in Massachusetts. My mom passed away suddenly from a heart attack and my friends…my friends ignored me. They were talking about me behind my back about how I had changed because of it and they did nothing to help me. So to get them and everything else off my mind…I partied. I raved, I drank, I did drugs, I had sex, I did anything to ease the pain. My dad found out about the raving, and only that, and he said that it would be best if we moved to Texas. That’s when I met Autumn and then I met Joanne through her. Sure, I still party and that kind of stuff, but I’m not like I used to be. I’m careful about it now and…and the big difference is that I actually feel wanted again…” I sighed, looking back to them. “Happy?” I almost sneered, but I was too sad to be rude. I was crying again and I hated it.

They both engulfed me in hugs, but Tom pulled away faster than James. James’s hug lasted for…oh my, I don’t even know how long. But his strong arms around me were intoxicating and wonderful. I didn’t want it to end…ever.

“Now don’t you feel better?” He asked softly, rubbing my back. Shivers ran up and down my spine andI buried my flushed face in the crook of his neck. A muffled “mhm” came from my lips that were pressed against his shoulder and I heard the door close softly before I noticed we were now the only two there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So two things:
One, this is for my mom who did die a couple weeks after my 15th birthday. But that's the only truth in Bekkah's past, so don't think I actually did those things XD

Secondly, this is for Autumn. It needs no explanation and I wouldn't give one even if it requiered one. **uber-mega-hugs for her**