Status: Active

Autumn, Bekkah, and Joanne's Adventures

Joanne Crowley: Waking Up In His Arms

I moaned softly as the sunlight pierces through the curtains. I rolled over, and felt something warm lying beside me. With my eyes still closed, I felt it, and noticed that it was definitely not Bekkah or Autumn. I slowly opened my eyes, and jumped. I had fallen asleep with Matt in his bed! I looked down at myself, and noticed I was fully clothed. Thank God!

"Why do I keep getting caught in these awkward moments with you?" I moaned as I quietly got up from the bed. Matt rolled over and snored. I smiled, and then kissed his cheek softly. "I love you, and I hope you love me too..."

I sighed, and walked to the bathroom, where I ran into Anthony in his tighty whiteys. "WHOAH!" I said, covering my eyes. "Too much! TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!"

"What the hell are you still doing here?" whispered Anthony. "I thought you went back to the hotel!"

"I-I," I stuttered. Anthony grabbed a nearby flowerpot and covered himself. He had an evil grin on his face, and I folded my arms across my chest. "NO WE DID NOT DO ANYTHING! AND GO PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!"

"You know you want it," smirked Anthony as he winked at me. I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, and to my surprise and delight, I looked pretty good for someone who slept in the clothes they wore last night. My hair was its usual curly self, wild and untamed.

I walked back to Matt's room, and found him still sleeping, but not snoring. I sat beside him in bed, and took his hand in mine. It was as if it was made to fit into mine, as if he was born to be mine. I gently traced the lines on his palm, and put it to my face and kissed it. Then I heard my phone buzzing.

I got out my cell and whispered hello. "I'd like a McSkillet burrito, some hash browns, and a vanilla iced coffee please," said Autumn.

"I do not work at McDonald's!" I hissed, and Matt began to moan and start to wake up. "Great, you just woke Matt up. I'll be at the hospital in a bit. Yeah, I'll bring you whatever. Bye."

I ended the call, and stretched. "Good morning Joanne," said Matt as he put his arms around me. "Did we..."

"No," I said, kissing his lips gently. "We never did it. See, your clothes and my clothes are still on. And I'm not that desperate to screw. Believe me, I can hold out for an eternity if I'm that determined."

"Oh is that your plan?" asked Matt, his eyebrow raised. "Well, I'll just have to work hard to crack down that little barrier."

I rolled my eyes. "Pft, like you can break my stronghold of my virginity. I'd like to see you try."

He gave me a look that made me melt, a sexy smile and then he grabbed me and began to kiss me all over. "Stop!" I laughed and giggled. "I got to go to Autumn... She wants McDonald's..."

"I'll let you go then," said Matt as he kissed me passionately. "I've got a fan meet in the leukemia ward of the hospital. I'll meet you there later. Why don't you text Tom and see if he will drive you?"

I grabbed my cell and texted Tom, and within a few minutes, he drove up, honking the horn to announce his arrival. "Coming!" I said as I ran to the car. "Okay Tom, we gotta stop at McDonald's first."

"Fine with me," said Tom as he zoomed off to the nearest one. "My treat though. Want anything?"

"Eh, give me a egg McMuffin I guess," I said hesitantly. Tom ordered the food via drive-through, and then sped off to the hospital. "I sure hope this makes her happy."

We walked to her room, and I told Tom to wait in the hall. "Hey Autumn. I got what you wanted."

Almost instantly she screamed and began to stuff her face. "Hungry?" I snorted.

"Very," she said, her face stuffed with hash browns.

"Um, Autumn? Someone came with me..." I said quietly.

"Who? Bekkah?" she asked casually.

"Not quite..." I smirked as the door opened. It was Tom, and he appeared with red roses for her which he bought at the floral shop in the hall.

"Hey," said Autumn casually.

"Hey, Autumn. Do you feel better?" asked Tom, concerned.

"Yeah, I do now that I have these lovely roses. Thanks," she smiled at him.

"Good, I'm glad," he sighed in relief.

The two of them began to make goo-goo lovey eyes at each other, and I began to feel at bit third wheelish as we hung out in Autumn's room. I smiled as Tom touched Autumn's cheek, and looked at her with hearts in his eyes. I knew he really cared about her, and I was happy for Autumn. She needed a good guy like Tom.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and I saw Matt. I jumped up and smiled at him, but my face dropped. Matt looked as if he'd been stabbed in the heart, his face was broken and miserable. "She's dead... she died this morning. Ruby's leukemia finally claimed her."

Matt broke down in tears, and all of us were silent. I hugged Matt, and cried along with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP Ruby.