Status: Active

Autumn, Bekkah, and Joanne's Adventures

Joanne: Memories of the Past

The car ride to the hotel was solemn, as if we were still paying our respects to Ruby. I sniffed, and took out a pocket mirror and began to fix my smudged makeup. “God I look awful,” I said, breaking the silence.

“You look beautiful,” said Matt. “I hope you’ll feel better tomorrow. Text me or call me later tonight or tomorrow. Whenever you feel ready. I love you.”

The car pulled up to the hotel, and Matt got out to get my door for me. “Do you want me to walk you to your room?” I nodded, and he put his arm around me and walked me upstairs to my room.

“Thanks Matt,” I said as I sighed. “I love you. Goodnight.” I kissed his cheek, and he pulled me into a sweet, innocent kiss. Instantly a wave of sunshine and happiness washed over me, and I could tell that this was no joke; Matt Lewis actually was falling for me!

I opened the door to my room after fumbling for the key, and practically ripped off the dress I was wearing before the door had a chance to close. I hate dresses, and I can’t see the point in wearing them to funerals and weddings. Why choose to be uncomfortable?

Once I put on my Tinkerbell pajama bottoms and my Neville is My Hero shirt, I heard Autumn laughing in the other room. I walked over to investigate, and plopped down on her bed. “KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I squealed as I grabbed the photo of Autumn’s cat away from her. I loved her cat Crush ever since she got him. I always claimed he was MY kitty just to drive Autumn crazy, but that was just how much I loved that cat. He was always purring and happy to see me whenever I’d come over.

I kissed Crush’s picture. “I miss kitty…”

"I do too. I wish I could have taken Crush with us. The boys would love him, but kitty wouldn't love them back,” laughed Autumn.

"Kitty never really liked boys much. He warmed up to Liam, though." I said, remembering.

"He was always our pimp kitty,” giggled Autumn. She turned on the TV and the both of us screamed. Mamma Mia, our favorite musical was on!

Honey honey, how he thrills me, a-ha, honey honey. Honey honey, nearly kills me, a-ha, honey honey. I've heard about him before, I wanted to know some more, and now I know what they mean, he's a love machine! Oh, he makes me dizzy!!!!!!!!” sang Autumn and I together.

We were all giggles and songs throughout the movie. I got out two diet Pepsis from Autumn’s mini fridge, and brought out some Cheetos and chips. “You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life. Ooh see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I sang, beating Autumn to it. I began to bounce up and down on her bed and danced like an idiot.

“For someone who just came from a funeral you’re pretty perky,” said Autumn as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey,” I said, bouncing down on the bed. “I am very sorry for her family, but I also acknowledge that life is far too short to not be having fun! I wish I could bring her back, but I know I can’t. I can’t change things, Autie. You know if I could, I’d bring back so many people… Liam included.”

Autumn grew silent, and turned away from me. I could feel I touched a nerve with her, and I apologized, and kissed her goodnight and went back to my room. I fell asleep almost instantly.

A casket lay closed in a funeral home, and many mourners had come to pay their respects. Autumn Rayne and Bekkah Whitney stood closest to the coffin, and were sobbing hysterically. Mr. Rayne and Mr. Whitney were by their sides, and holding them, also trying to conceal their grief. My mother, father, and little sister Michele sat in the first row of folding chairs, all three of them inconsolable.

I watched as Tom, James, and finally Matt entered the room bearing red roses to lay at the coffin. Tom and James handed their bunches to Matt, and he thanked them. Matt then turned to my mother, and kissed her on both cheeks, hugged my father, and then hugged Michele. He turned, looking at the casket, and walked to it. He lifted the lid up, and placed the roses in the dead girl’s immobile hands.

“Joanne, why did you have to leave me?” he sobbed hysterically as he touched my pale, icy cold cheek.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed. I kept screaming as the coffin lid soon closed. I beat on the sides of the coffin. “I’M ALIVE!!!!!!!!! DON’T BURY ME!!!!!!! I’M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”


I woke up in a cold sweat with tears running down my face. There was a knock at the door. I wiped my tears and sweat, and walked to the door, looking out of the peephole. “Who’s there?” I asked.

“Tom Felton, is Autumn still awake?”

I listened for any sound coming from her room, and sure enough, she was singing some song I didn’t know from some band I’d never even heard of. “Yeah, come on in, I’ll take you to her.”

I knocked on Autumn’s door. “Hey, someone’s here to see you,” I said. “Tom Felton…”

Tom walked in from behind me, and I shut the door quietly. For the rest of the night I couldn’t sleep because of that dream. I was on edge. I wanted to text Matt, but it was one in the morning, and I knew he’d be fast asleep unlike me at the present. So I watched Keeping Up Appearances on the BBC network, and tried to find humor in the program, but sadly, I couldn’t laugh even if it was funny.

I decided to take a hot shower, and curl my hair for later. I smiled, and remembered something sweet Autumn once said to me.

“You know something?” said Autumn to me the day before I graduated high school. “I am going to miss going to school with you. It feels like the three of us are splitting up in a way…”

“I’m never going to abandon you and Bekks,” I said, hugging her tightly. “You know I love you guys more than anything.”

“Yeah, but you’re going to go off to college, become a successful writer, meet some hot guy, get married, and have babies with him. You’ll forget all about us, or just lose touch with us, and you’ll be too busy driving in your limo to even think about us.”

“I swear, I am going to invite you and Bekks to live in my mansion,” I said, crossing my heart. “Girl Scout’s Honor.”

“Good,” said Autumn. “And I do mean it. I know you are going to be a fabulous writer someday. And you’re going to make one heck of a MILF too.”

“AUTUMN!” I gasped.

“What, you have the big boobs, long curly brown hair to die for, and an awesome personality.”

I smiled, and hugged and kissed her.


I finished curling my hair, and lay in bed with the TV off. I checked my phone. It was two now. I groaned at my inability to get to sleep, and took out Pride and Prejudice, and began to read.