Status: Active

Autumn, Bekkah, and Joanne's Adventures

Bekkah: Hospital, Coffee, and Worries

I woke up to lights blinding me, even beneath my eyelids. I never remembered going to bed, so I didn’t dare to open them. I expertly regulated my breathing to how it would be if I were still asleep.

There was a slight warmth and pressure on my arm beneath the sheets that were wrapped around me, but it wasn’t forceful.

“She’s gonna be okay, right?” I heard Autumn ask, panicked. But before the doctor could speak, someone else spoke.

“James did inject it properly…right?” Joanne’s voice was equally in panic as I finally remembered what happened.

I rolled over to my side and groaned at my own stupidity. I had forgotten to mention my allergy to some spices. I never expected the few I was allergic to to be on French fries, for heaven’s sake!

“Bekkah!” Autumn sighed in relief and I felt two bodies fall onto mine, their arms wrapping around me. I let out a sharp hiss of pain before they quickly let go.

“Sorry about that,” My voice was raspy and my throat was still on fire, “I forgot to mention my allergy.” I lightly laughed, but it sounded like a cross between a cough and a dry heave.

“It’s no problem. Besides, we’re all human. We’re allowed to forget things like that when we’re having fun.” James smiled from beside me and I realized that it was his hand that rested on my arm. I felt my cheeks burn up, but I just buried my face in my pillow so it wasn’t visible.

Of course, Autumn and Joanne saw. They were writhing and giggling on top of me, pinching my cheeks as I tried to hide it. “Fuck off…” I mumbled into the pillow, and it resulted in not sounding in away way, shape, or form like English…or any language for that matter.

“Firecrotch…” I heard Joanne whisper with a smirk and I felt my face burn up even more. They seriously couldn’t be doing this to me. “Ahem, I almost just died.” I reminded them and they immediately became worried again, hugging me tighter than before.

“You better let go of her, her heart rate is dropping.” The doctor finally cleared his throat, pointing to my slowly-beating heart monitor beside me. I scowled, as I was reminded of my absolute hatred of hospitals. The two let out gasps and scurried off my bed.

Freedom… my mind sighed blissfully and I couldn’t help but agree. “I assume you’re feeling better, Miss Whitney?” He began to scribble something onto his clipboard before I even said anything.

“Besides for those two, I’m fine.” I said bluntly, making sure to be obvious in my discomfort. The doctor nodded and walked out of the room without a single word. I looked at his retreating back in disbelief.

“When will I be let go?” I called out to him and he just kept walking, which made me angry.

“One day.” James read off a slip of paper the doctor had left. “Ohh…” I said, feeling even more like an idiot than before. “He says he wants to make sure you’re in your best condition-”

“Coffee, anyone?” Matt smiled, holding a tray of Styrofoam coffee cups. Tom followed in behind him, holding another tray with only two in it. “Good, you’re up. So your coffee won’t get cold.” I gratefully took my coffee from Tom and gulped it down.

With a small smile, I realized it tasted like Starbuck’s coffee. Yum. Suddenly, Autumn clutched her stomach and ran to the bathroom. Did she not like Starbucks? I glanced over at everyone to realize that they all had theirs, and a single cup was left in the tray…presumably Autumn’s. Without warning, nurses rushed into my room and into the bathroom, bringing Autumn out of the room.

Tom rushed out with her, leaving his barely-touched coffee on the table. For a split second, I wondered what kind he had as I was still craving coffee…even with my now-empty cup in the trash.

Not even a second after, Joanne was escorted out as well with Matt naturally following her. I blinked, now realizing that it was just me and James. “What the hell?” My voice was still scratchy, but it was actual audible English.

“I’m guessing the food Autumn ate on the limo bothered her-” “What food?” I furrowed my brows as I didn’t remember there being food in the limo. “She brought back the food from the restaurant.” He replied simply, before his eyes widened at his statement.

“What about Joanne?” I asked, the worry heightening in my voice. He frowned. “Her I don’t know about. I’m sure the nurses have a valid reason, though.”

For some reason, I laughed. It wasn’t how I would normally laugh, though. It sounded hollow, forced, and fake. But it wasn’t the last two… James’ hand rested on my shoulder in comfort as he slid closer to me at my bedside. He alone gave me comfort enough to fall back into sleep, even with thoughts or worry for my friends pounding at the back of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Bekkah again! XD

Yeah, this chapter was quite rushed so I apologize for that.

Anyway, please subscribe and comment. It makes us happy (: