Status: Read Orihime himex3's story to read Abbigail's look on things (:

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Chapter Eight

Louise picked up her Potion’s book, and opened it to the chapter she was supposed to read that night. Since Professor Sprout had the flu, she was left with a free period to get some studying done. Abbigail seemed upset, all she did was sit in the chair and stare at the ground, and she kind of looked like she was trying not to cry about something. Louise thought about asking her what was wrong, but she decided against it, since during Potions Abbigail didn’t seem too pleased with her. She went back to reading her Potions book, as she listened for the twins to come back.

Hermione, Harry and Ron had come down from the tower; they said their goodbyes to Abbigail before they left to go to visit Hagrid. She mumbled a goodbye back to them and turned back to look at the floor. Louise couldn’t tell what was wrong with her; she figured she didn’t get enough sleep or something. The babbling of the twins could be heard coming from the entrance of the common room. Abbigail got up, walked by George and bumped his shoulder before leaving the common room. “What’s up with that?” Fred asked his twin as took a seat next to Louise on the couch. She put her book down on her lap and rested her head against Fred’s shoulder. “She was like that earlier to, she seemed upset at breakfast this morning.”

George sighed, and rested his head against the back on the chair. “She yelled at me today, actually yelled at me.” Fred gave him a questioning look. “She did! She was acting like she was jealous.” He took a deep breath knowing he was going to have to explain himself. “She was acting funny thing morning, when she left, so when I came back to the common room to get my books, she was here. So I asked her if I was walking her to class, she said yes I took her book, and we started to walk. So jokingly I asked about why she shoved me, she said a few things, and I asked her if she was jealous.”

“Jealous?” Louise asked. “What have you been doing?”

“Nothing, I’m getting to that part. Well I asked if she was jealous since she bumped into me this morning after I had said you were adorable, or something. She got mad, yelled at me and stormed off, now she’s not talking to me, and she won’t even make eye contact. The only contact I get now is her bumping into me all the time.”

“Maybe you should talk to her.” Fred suggested. “Tell her you were only joking, she’ll understand, at least I think she will.”

“Tell her that she was right, or something.” Louise said, as she opened her Potions book again. “Girls love it when you tell them they’re right.” Louise could feel two sets of eyes on her. “It’s true! Try it, I’m sure it’ll work, if not give her some time, or do something to show her you really were joking.”

“I’ll take any advice right now.” George moaned, as he once more leaned his head against the back on the chair.

The time had gone by fast; Louise had finished her Potions homework, and had finished her classes before she knew it. She met with Hermione before going to the Great Hall to have dinner; Fred and George were already there. “Ello there ol’chaps, how’re you this fine evening?” Louise said as she took a seat across from Fred, George still looked as upset as he did when she left him this morning. “I take it you haven’t talked to Abbie yet?”

George shook his head no, and took a sip of his pumpkin juice. “I saw her once today, and she gave me the cold shoulder, and glared at me as she walked by.” He sighed, and placed his fork down. “This is ridiculous! I was joking around this morning and she takes it so seriously!”

“Girls tend to do that sometimes, I would offer to talk to her for you, but I’m positive she hates me.” Louise took a bite of her bread. “Mhm, today in Potions I was trying to be nice to her, and she gave me attitude. I mean I’m sure I’m over-reacting or something, but still.”

George sighed again. “Well you never know George, give her some time, she might come around.” Fred said clapping his brother on the back. “It’s Abbie, she’s gone through a lot lately, give her some time.” George nodded his head, knowing his brother was right, she had gone through a lot lately. He’d give her some time before he decided to talk to her about what had happened.

Hermione had left early to go look for Ron and Harry, Abbie hadn’t even shown up for dinner, and the twins were starting to worry. After a little while, Louise suggested that they go and look for her, to make sure she was alright. The twins nodded, and all three of them walked out of the Great Hall in search of Abbigail. The twins heard some commotion coming from around one of the corners, it had sounded like gasping, and crying. They ran over as fast as they could followed by Louise. When they finally came around the corner and closer to the group, they heard Draco Malfoy call someone a Mudblood. The three Gryffindor students watched as Abbigail ran passed everyone, tears streaming down her face.

“Malfoy what the bloody hell was that?” Fred yelled as he and his brother made their way to the front of the crowd.

“You never call someone that.” George finished.

“I don’t care who you are, or who you like and dislike! It’s not alright to make someone cry like that.” Fred yelled once more, with his brother on his side.

“You don’t even know her; she’s a nice, kind and smart witch. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pureblood or a Mudblood!” George finished what his brother was going to say. “Let’s go Fred; he’s not even worth it.” He and his brother walked back to Louise, and the three students made their way back to their common room looking for Abbie on their way.

--

The next morning the twins still couldn’t find Abbie, but they had bigger things to worry about today. It was their Quidditch match against Slytherin. Louise came down into the Great Hall with Harry and Oliver, all of them in their Quidditch outfits. Louise had made the team without a doubt, but Abbie didn’t end up going back after the incident with her fingers, she decided she would cheer for the boys on the sidelines.

“Ready to kick some Slytherin arses?” Louise giggled as she sat down, next to Harry and Ron, who was already there.

“We are, the question is, are you.” Fred said, as he finished his breakfast.

“Of course I am.” Louise smiled, taking some toast from the plate in front of her.

Hermione came walking into the Great Hall with Abbie following her, Hermione sat down next to Louise and Abbie sat down next to Hermione. “Good luck today.” Hermione smiled, and she looked at all the Gryffindor Quidditch players.

“Good luck, Harry, Fred…Louise…” Abbigail mumbled, as she took a bit of the toast she had picked up.

“Abbie, Ron and I will be in the stands cheering for you! We know you’ll win.”

“Thanks Hermione.” Harry said, thankful someone believed in them.

Shortly after breakfast the Gryffindor Quidditch team made their way down to the Pitch to get ready for game time. As the Quidditch players made their way into a small room before they went onto the field, Oliver Wood stood in front of them for the usual pep-talk. “There is no doubt that the Slytherin team has better brooms than we do, be we have better people riding them. We need to win this match, so Harry it’s all down to you. You need to get to that snitch before Malfoy does, or die trying.” Oliver finished talking in a large breath.

“No pressure.” Fred winked.

“Don’t worry Harry, you’ll do just fine.” Louise smiled.

Oliver lead his team onto the Pitch, there was a massive amount of people in the stands. All four houses were there, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Once the Gryffindor team walked onto the pitch the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses went crazy, Slytherin was already waiting for them. Madam Hooch asked Oliver and Flint, the Slytherin captain, to shake hands. They did, gripping each other’s hand rather tightly and glaring at each other. As Gryffindor mounted their brooms Madam Hooch could be heard from the ground. “On my whistle…,” She looked around at all the players “Three…two….one!”

Everyone one of the players took off into the air, Louise and Angelina went straight for the quaffle using each other a shield from the Slytherin players. Her and Angelina flew through the sky, she was watching out for other Slytherin players trying to get the quaffle. The weather was starting to get colder, and dark clouds were coming in. As Angelina and Louise got closer, Angelina tried to go for a score.

“Angelina watch out!” Louise shouted, for she saw a bludger come straight for Angelina. “Bludger!” Angeline swerved out of the way causing the quaffle to slip from her hands.

She saw George signal to Oliver for a time out, he got the message and Madam Hooch blew her whistle. The Gryffindor team dove for the ground, and met Oliver in a huddle. “What the hell just happened?” Louise asked.

“That bloody bludger had been tampered with.” George huffed. “Slytherin must have done something to it.”

“How?” Louise asked. “Haven’t they been locked up in Madam Hooch’s office since our last practice?”

“Well someone’s done something to them, they keep going after Harry.” Fred commented.

“What are you going to do, Oliver?” Louise said. “We can’t just let them keep going after Harry, he could get hurt.”

“But then we’d have to forfeit the match!” Harry exclaimed. “I’ll be fine, tell Fred and George to take care of the rest of the team.”

The whole team looked at Oliver, waiting for his decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wrote this whole thing with Love Me Dead by Ludo on repeat.
Hope you like it.
The next few chapters are going to be interesting.
Comments make me actually want to update.

xoxo