Silence

two

"Why won't you just admit you're cheating on me?" he asked, trying to keep his voice level.

I was sitting on the couch in Pikachu pajama pants and Dayson's AC/DC shirt, my knees to my chest and I was trying to drink some coffee without throwing the glass at him. I glanced at Dayson, a bored expression on my face. "The reason I won't admit it is because I'm not cheating on you, Dayson." I've answered this question fifteen billion times this week.

"Then, tell me, Ren, why did you come home late last night?" His voice was a tad louder than it needed to be.

"Because I was asked to stay an extra shift at Starbucks, Dayson!" I set the coffee mug on the table.

"You were asked to work an extra shift," he said in a sarcastic sweet voice, his blue-green eyes looking like a murky hazel. "You do realize everyone who cheats uses that line?" he snarled.

"Guess what, Dayson?" As I was yelling these things, I could already hear the silence laugh at me. "I'm not cheating on you, I never was cheating on you, I never will be cheating you!" I glared at him. "If you don't believe me, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing here!"

I got up and began walking away but Dayson grabbed my shoulder firmly and spun me around. His glare was murderous and our foreheads were touching. "What the fuck are you doing here, Ren?"

I scoffed and wrestled out of his grip. I walked into our bedroom and slammed the door with every ounce of power I could muster. I plopped down on the bed, grabbed the alarm clock and threw it at the door.

"I regret ever falling in love with you!" I screamed, tears stinging my eyes, but never overflowing.

"Yeah?! Well, me, too!"

**

We lived in a pretty small apartment. I never understood how would could avoid each other so well, but we did. As I walked into the kitchen, I realized how much I hated my life. I realized how much I envied the couples who never fought and loved each other more than anything.

The TV was off and the only thing you could hear was the sound of the Lucky Charms falling into my bowl. I poured milk in the bowl, grabbed a spoon, and sat down on the couch. I ate my cereal in silence until Dayson came in and sat down next to me. I pretended I didn't see him.

Dayson sighed and took the bowl out of my hands. "Ren..." I pretended not to hear him. He sighed again and pulled me into his arms. My eyes became wide and I was incredibly shocked by his gesture. "Ren, I love you," he said softly. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and nodded.

No, he doesn't, the silence teased.

I bit down on my lip and resisted the urge to scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit, I updated! XD

This would've been out sooner, but as I was writing it one day, my computer crashed and I was just so pissed off, I didn't want to update for a while. XP

So school started and updates will be just a tad bit slow, but I will try to update once a week. Every Saturday or something like that. :)

This is kind of short, but I have shit loads of homework to do and I need to get it done. DX

Thanks so much to all my commenters and subscribers. It really does mean a lot. :D

xoxo