Status: Inactive.

A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter Seven

The next day I received a txt from Brian. I smiled to myself wondering what it would say. Several possibilities popped into my head, but I guess I would just have to read it.

You’re an evil woman

I laughed out loud.

****************************************************

The rest of the week went on. A few times Brian would come to my house with Zacky. I guess Zacky needed his fix of Melle. During that time, Brian would keep my company and drive away any images in my head of what Zacky and Melle were up to. We didn’t do much, just got to know each other more. I learned more about his band and how they all met and stuff like that. He told me a little about his family, but then it somehow turned back to me.

“So how come you’re not singing professionally?” Brian asked me on a Thursday afternoon.

“I didn’t want to,” I told him, “I like what I’m doing now.”

“Surely people have asked you to?” Brian replied.

“Oh yeah, heaps,” I said shrugging, “As I said, I like what I’m doing now and it makes me happy. I don’t need anything else.”

“Well, you have an amazing voice,” he said smiling at me.

“Thanks,” I smiled back at him. I looked at my watch. “Do you think they’ll be finished by now?”

“It’s been an hour, so they should be,” Brian told me, “And if they’re not, too bad.” I chuckled and we headed back to my place.

Lucky for us, they were finished. Melle was making sandwiches in the kitchen, while Zacky watched.

“Did you guys want some sandwiches?” Melle asked as we walked in. She had the biggest grin on her face.

“I’m starving!” Brian answered and sat down next to Zacky. I rolled my eyes and decided to help Melle with the sandwich making.

****************************************************

Before I knew it, it was 7:00 Friday night. I had a feeling the boys would be there (Avenged Sevenfold, of course), so I put on something extra nice. Tonight was rock and metal night, so I had to dress accordingly. Before I left, I picked a song I was going to sing. I sang every Friday night. It was like a sort of tradition now. It only became a regular thing because the customers loved it so much when I did it for the very first time. Well I guess I can’t disappoint them.

Melle was coming to the club later on in the evening. She hated turning up so early in the night. I guess I had to agree with her. More people came out during 10pm to 12pm. Rock/Metal night was always busy though. I was looking forward to it, since it was my favourite night.

Melle dropped my off to ‘The Party’ and I headed inside. There were a few early drinkers who came in after work. I walked behind the bar and began serving. As Melle had predicted, it didn’t start getting really busy till around 10pm. Heaps of people streamed in, all dressed in their rocker/metal outfits. Only a small selection of people chose not to dress to theme. There was always ‘party poopers’.

“Can I get a Rum and Coke?” someone asked me. I looked up and saw Melle.

“Hey, I thought you were gonna have a cocktail night?” I asked her.

“I think I’d look a bit funny having a cocktail when the theme is rock/metal,” Melle pointed out, “So I’ll just stick to basics tonight.”

“Whatever you say,” I shrugged and began making her drink.

“Brian’s here,” Melle suddenly told me. There was a tone in her voice that kind of made me suspicious. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, and?” I said. Was she going to try and play match-maker?

“Just thought you’d like to know,” Melle replied shrugging, “You did kiss him after all.”

“Who told you that?” I asked her, trying to hide my surprise.

“Zacky told me,” Melle explained, “Brian told the guys, so naturally, I found out.”

“They’re worse than girls sometimes,” I muttered.

“So when do you knock off?” Melle asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

“Umm at 12:30ish,” I explained, “Alex won’t be getting here till later. But Kate and Nick are here to help.”

“Kate’s here? Cool,” Melle randomly said. She had a habit of saying her thoughts out loud. She then wandered off to find Kate or find Zacky. Who knows? Well whatever she was doing, I just continued to serve drinks to all the people piling in the door. I reckoned we were going to have a full club tonight.

When it finally came to 12:30pm, Alex walked behind the bar. I smiled at him and finished serving before I said anything to him. “Is it busy tonight?” he asked me.

“Yeah, totally hectic,” I told him, “Can’t you tell?” He laughed and put his stuff in the safe behind the bar. He told me to finish the customers who were waiting for drinks, then go and have some fun.

After I was done I began my search for Melle. I didn’t find her, so I headed towards the DJ. It was almost time for me to sing. Before I went up on stage, I went to the bathroom to check my make-up and outfit. Then it was showtime.

We seduce the dark with pain and rapture
Like two ships that pass in the night
You and I, a whore and a bashful sailor
Welcome to a sunrise of a dirty mind

All your love is a lie
You one-night butterfly
Hurt me, be the one
Whoever brings the night

The dark, created to hide the innocent white, the lust of night
Eyes so bright, seductive lies
Crimson masquerade where I merely played my part
Poison dart of desire

All your love is a lie
You one-night butterfly
Hurt me, be the one
Whoever brings the night

Choose a bride
A fantasy for a zombie
Hurt me, I love to suffer
Your harems are dreams for free

(Enter
Suck form us and live forever
Rotten beauty
Will haunt you for a lifetime)

Come with me on underwater
And drown to despise me no more
Unholy, unworthy
My night is a dream for free

All your love is a lie
You one-night butterfly
Hurt me, be the one
Whoever brings the night

All your love is a lie
You one-night butterfly
Hurt me, be the one
Whoever brings the night
Whoever brings the night
♠ ♠ ♠
Kass’s Outfit