Win a date with Mitchel Musso

Chapter 1 Dreams equal reality

“Daisie, hon, will you run out and get the mail please?” I glanced up from my algebra paper and nodded. My mom tossed the keys to me, and I grabbed my purple fleece jacket and ran out the garage door.

Our mailbox was right across the street, lucky for me, since the January day was not warm enough for me to wear a thin, fleece coat. The snow crunched beneath my feet as I cut across our yard. I stopped at the street, looking both ways before I crossed. Even after I stopped watching Barney, I guess that habit never really wore off.

I reached our mailbox, number 3, and turned the key in the box. It opened, and I gathered all of the mail. Mostly, it looked like letters to my dad, a couple of late holiday cards, and a few magazines. I locked the tiny door, pulled out the keys, and ran home.

I dumped all of the mail on the kitchen counter, sorting it out. It was a hobby I had, sorting the mail for each person. Usually I never got mail, except for the occasional Popstar or Bop magazine, but it was just fun, and it was an invitation to avoid my homework for a few minutes.

First there were a couple business letters addressed to Dr. Robert Soninshyne. I put them on the left. Then a letter from Target to Mrs. Faith Soninshyne. A colorful pink envelope addressed to my little sister, Jennie Soninshyne. An invitation for Soninshyne Family, a belated New Years card to Soninshyne Family, and then the magazines. Cooking Light for Faith Soninshyne, and a thin catalog for Limited Too. I sighed. Nothing for me.

I grabbed my mom’s stack of mail and handed it to her. She sifted through her letters, and then pulled one out. “Who is this from?” She asked, holding up the clean white envelope.

I looked at it. It was addressed to Daisie Soninshyne. I smiled. I guess I did have mail. I tore open the top messily, and pulled out its contents: A thin sheet of paper. “Daisy Soninshyne—Bop Magazine is pleased to inform you that you have won the Win A Date with Mitchel Musso contest!”

My eyes widened as I comprehended what I was reading, and I screamed as loud as I could. How could I have won this contest?! I haven’t won a thing in my life except the bookmark contest in fourth grade! And Mitchel... He was my dream guy! Those chocolate brown eyes... the wide, happy smile... his sweet, guy laugh!

I read on in the letter. It explained how my ticket and stay was paid for, and that I would be flying in to L.A. next week! My mom was supposed to call the number on the sheet, so I handed it to her and shrieked again.

She scanned over the letter. “A date?” She raised her eyebrows. I’m not one to be asked on a date. I’ve never had a boyfriend, or anything. “Yeah!” I exclaimed. “With a celebrity! And not just any celebrity... SMOKIN OKEN MITCHEL MUSSO!” I dashed upstairs to call my best friend, Hollie.

“Hollie, you’ll NEVER guess what happened!” I said, trying to contain myself right when the phone was answered. “Um, Daisie? I’ll get Hollie right on.” I bit my lip. Whoops, I guess Mrs. Kebron didn’t really need to hear that.

“Hey,” Hollie picked up the phone. “Ohmigosh you’ll never believe what happened!” “What?” Her voice was rising, excitement building. “Iwonadatewithmitchelmusso.” I said quickly and calmly. “What?” Hollie replied, “I didn’t catch that.”

I laughed. “I FRICKIN WON A DATE WITH MITCHEL MUSSO!!” I shouted. Hollie screamed with me, and my mom picked up the phone and told me to be quieter, she was trying to read. I giggled, because I couldn’t even hear my mom anymore, I was sucked into my wildest dreams, that just happened to be becoming reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of First story woop woop :P
Hope yhooo all like it :D
More chapters coming now :D