American Girl: Can't I Just Be Chloe?

Unknown

Mom and I left the following weekend. Dad was going to stay out in California; he didn’t exactly want to leave patients. So, it was only Mom and me. Not that I really cared. I had spent years living with only my father. Now, I supposed, was the time for me to do the same with my mother. As we sat on the plane in silence, my mind wandered to the Jonas Brothers, Betsy, Kyra, and Selena. I wondered how they were going to do while I was gone. I really didn’t want to leave them, but I had to since Frankie was around them a lot. No matter how much I may have wanted to spend time with them, I couldn’t because of Frankie.

Just then, I felt my phone buzzing. A text message. Who from though? I looked at my phone and was relived to see that it wasn’t Frankie. There was no way in hell that I could handle talking to him, even if it was just through text messaging. I sighed and looked at my phone. The number was foreign to me; I obviously wasn’t allowed to know who this was.

?: So, I heard you decided to leave, Chloe. Why would you do that? Everyone out here is going to miss you terribly. You have no idea as to how your disappearance is going to affect those that you left behind. Each of the Jonas Brothers, Betsy, Teddy, Kyra, Selena, Garrett, Madison, Jason, Quinn, Rebecca, Greg, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, why even Frankie is going to miss having you around. It may not seem like he’s cared about you all, but he does.

Chloe: That’s what everyone has told me about Frankie. I refuse to believe them though. All Frankie seemed to care about was his blonde bimbo, Video Girl girlfriend. So, how would it even be possible for Frankie to care about me when he quoted Take a Breath in order to get me away from him? Plus, as I’m sure you forgot, his girlfriend positively hates me.

?: Oh, well, after you left, Frankie went after Icky Vicky and broke up with her. They’re through. Your plan worked, Chloe. Your plan to get rid of the Video Girl and get your mother back into office worked. So, why are you disappearing cross-country when you got your way?

Chloe: One word. No three words. Franklin Nathaniel Jonas. I can’t stay around him anymore. Two years I’ve loved him. That’s 730 days, at least. Frankie was blind to that. He never noticed what everyone else did. My love for him was just so obvious. I think it’s time for me to let go though. He’s never going to realize what I’ve felt for him, so it’s best for me to just give up on that. That’s why I left; if I stay, I’ll just be reminded that Frankie is never going to realize that his best friend has been in love with him since Rebecca Penelope Jonas was born.

?: You sure that’s what you want?

Chloe: Positive.

?: Alright, Chloe. So, maybe we’ll be able to see you again. You can’t stay out there in Washington, D.C. forever. You have to come back sometime. No matter how much you may have been hurt by what Frankie did, you have to come back and see your friends. They don’t deserve to be separated from you for six years merely because of what Frankie did to you.

Chloe: I guess.

?: When should they meet up with you?

Chloe: Around my birthday. Have them fly out for my sixteenth birthday. Everyone except Frankie please. I can’t deal with him; I won’t. Just make sure that he’s busy that day when everyone else flys out to the nation’s capital in order to see me. Is that understood?

?: Yeah.

Chloe: Bye then.


I closed my phone and put it back in my pocket. What the hell was that about? And, who was it? The number was one I knew I had never seen before. Maybe it was someone close to the Jonas and Geiger family. I was thinking maybe Demi or Big Rob. Demi was Selena’s best friend and very close to the Jonas family. The latter was true for Big Rob. It could have been either one. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t be sure of that. I would just have to see when it came time for my sixteenth birthday. It was my sweet sixteen and I wanted it to be perfect. That’s why Franklin Nathaniel Jonas was not invited to the party. I didn’t want to have to deal with him on what was supposed to be a happy, auspicious occasion.

Frankie appearing at my sixteenth birthday party was not a good thing. And, if he did, I was going to disappear. Getting away from Frankie and the feelings I had for him. The love I had for my best friend was to be nothing more than an unrequited love and I was just going to have to deal with that. I was just going to have to let go of that and bury my feelings for the youngest Jonas. He didn’t love me and I was just going to have to accept that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.