American Girl: Can't I Just Be Chloe?

Seeing Old Friends

When I woke up on January 31st, my sixteenth birthday, I found that it was with some very familiar people in my room. Quinn Jonas came bounding in, as hyper as Joe was when he came in. I chucked and sat up on my bed. “Where are Kyra and Ella?” I asked him.

“Is that really how I get greeted?” Joe asked.

“Yes, when you’re father to a new baby girl,” I remarked.

Kyra came in along with baby Ella in her arms. “I’m right here, Chloe. I was just talking with your mother for a moment before coming up to wish you a happy sixteenth birthday.”

“Thanks. So, what is your daughter’s full name?” I asked, getting up from my bed where Joe and Quinn were at the moment and went over to my closet. I then put a robe on and turned to Kyra. I was curious as to what her full name was, as I suspected that I was going to be seeing her again. Somehow, I suspected that the Jonas family was going to try and trick me to fly back out to California, something that they all knew that I obviously didn’t want to do.

“Ella Miranda Jonas,” she replied.

“Any reason for the middle name?” I asked.

Kyra sighed. “Miranda is not only my aunt’s name, but it is also my great-grandmother’s name. I want my daughter to hold a connection to my mother in some way. It’s been eighteen long years since I lost my mother when Gloria murdered her and I wanted to honor that in some way. So, my daughter is being named Ella Miranda Jonas in honor of that.”

“That’s nice,” I said. I then turned to Joe, who was messing around with Quinn. “So, where are Nick and Kevin at? I would have suspected that I would see them here along with you.”

“Getting ready,” he said.

“For my party?” I asked.

“Obviously,” he said.

“Well, that’s good to know,” I said. I sighed and left my room, with the others following me. I really didn’t have much to do, so there was no point in me staying in my room. Plus, I wanted to see the others. I truly did miss having them around. All except Frankie. Ever since October when he broke my heart and introduced me to Victoria, I’ve had difficulty getting over my feelings for him. It’s as if my friendship with the youngest Jonas boy, as well as my friendship with the Jonas Brothers, Kyra, Selena, Betsy, and Teddy had prevented me from fully getting over him. I loved him, and it seemed as if I always would. I refused to let that happen though. Frankie needed to be out of my life for good. And, that meant only one thing: I could never see the Jonas or Geiger families ever again.

I really didn’t want to have to do that, but it really was the only thing I could do to get over Frankie. There was no way in hell that I could deal with any of this, anymore. Hopefully, they would understand just how much I needed this time to myself as I was sure to never over Frankie so long as I was always making contact with the Jonas and Geiger families. The fact of the matter was that I had come to accept the fact that I was never just going to a normal girl. Now came the time for me to accept that Franoe would never be, no matter how much I may have actually wanted that to happen. It was impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three more chapters left

Comment and subscribe.