American Girl: Can't I Just Be Chloe?

Betsy's Idea

Kevin was going out to meet Betsy and Teddy at the airport. The other three Jonas boys were busy discussing something while Selena, Kyra, Zoe, and I watched over the triplets, Quinn, and Rebecca. Up until Frankie and Zoe came over, I was pretty quiet; my thoughts were consumed with my best friend and what he was going to say in response to my feelings for him. There was really no telling as to what he might say; I just couldn’t be sure. “Chloe, what’s with you? You haven’t been yourself since Betsy got married,” he said.

“Long story,” I replied, not wanting to get into any of this right now. Sure, Frankie’s my best friend, but I merely could not bring myself to do this quite yet. Not until Betsy got back.

“Okay,” Frankie shrugged. “But, I need you to come out and meet me. Once Betsy gets back, I need to you to come out to the backyard. I want to show you something, Chloe.”

I nodded. “Sure.”

Frankie left and Zoe came over. “What was that about?”

I shrugged. “Frankie wants to show me something after Betsy gets back. He knows that I want to say hi to your cousin. I’ve been friends with the brothers almost as long as her. It’s been at least seven years since I first met them and became friends with Frankie.” I sighed. “That may be another possible reason that I love him, I’ve known him for so long. Maybe my father’s right, maybe he was right to think that I’d start developing feelings for him.”

“Feelings for whom?” I heard Betsy ask.

Zoe turned. “Chloe has feelings for a certain little Jonas.”

Betsy clapped her hands together “Franoe!

My jaw dropped when I heard this. “It was you! You were the one to put that into Zoe’s head. No doubt you already knew that I liked him. Probably knew as long as Nick and Kevin!” I grumbled, angry that everyone probably knew about how I felt about my best friend.

“Of course I knew. My sister and Kyra were the same way with Kevin and Joe respectively. In fact, everyone knows; everyone but Frankie. He’s blind to how you feel about him. He only sees you as his best friend and not a possible girlfriend,” Betsy said. “And, yes, that does include Joe. Joe is fully aware of what’s going on. He may be the densest Jonas, even more so than Frankie is right now, but Joe does know about the possibility of Franoe. Kyra and I mentioned it once we found out what was going on. Nick mentioned it to Selena and she mentioned it to us. That’s how everyone found out about this.”

“So, Kevin was the only one who didn’t tell anyone?” I asked.

They nodded. “Yeah.”

I rolled my eyes. “You guys are so dead. It seems that Kevin is the only trustworthy person here. I should have just told him what was going on and left it at that. Maybe then, you wouldn’t have convinced your cousin,” I shot a look at Zoe, “to try and get me to tell her while you were off on your honeymoon with Teddy. That was low, Betsy. I can’t believe that you would use your cousin to convince me to tell Frankie how much I love him.”

Betsy shrugged. “It worked, didn’t it?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Then, stop complaining,” she said. “Of course, you are right. Even my sister always said that Kevin was the most trustworthy person here. He never wanted to lie to her or deceive her in any way; even the night he proposed Kevin didn’t want to lie to her. But, he had to. In order for the night he proposed to seem even more special, Kevin had to lie to her. That was on New Year’s Eve eight years ago. Then, when Joe and Kyra decided that they were going to have their wedding on the very day that Kevin proposed to Amanda, it was up to me to help Kevin through that, While I was helping Kyra plan the wedding, I was also helping Kevin get over the fact that his brother was getting married on the same day that he proposed to my older sister. That’s why I asked Selena and Demi to help me with the wedding. Well, I asked Selena; she roped Demi into helping.”

“I remember that. Frankie and I were basically roped into helping Nick and Joe keep Kevin from sulking about Amanda’s death. We had nothing to do at the time, which forced us to help them,” I told her. “Now, do I really have to tell Frankie how I feel about him?”

Betsy and her cousin nodded. “Of course.”

“Then, I guess I better go out there and tell him,” I said quietly. I walked out to the Jonas backyard, but, when I got out there, I knew that telling Frankie the truth was a complete mistake. When I got out there, I saw my best friend—and crush—kissing some blonde bimbo. Zoe was right; I was too late. My best friend already had a girlfriend and I was going to be a jealous mess of tears now that I knew about the final Jonas no longer being single.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.