Peter Pan and Wendy Turned out Fine, Sure. But What About Lilli?!

.oo2.Promise

Obviously, I hadn't thought coming home through... Why would Peter welcome me as he did in my day dreams? He, afterall, was the one who banished me.

Would he strike true, like he always use to say with the Lost Boys? Death would be much better than going back to the Char's.

How would Peter even recognize me? I look nothing like I use to. My hair naturally lightened, and my eyes changed color from a grey to a blue.

I didn't even know where he was...

Wendy pulled me along down the stairs to a cozy looking room that I assumed was the den. "Lilli, I think you need to know that... Peter... He..."

"He what?" I asked slowly. The way she was hesitating was either amazingly good news, or... horribly bad.

Jon sat down on the small couch I was standing beside, along with Micheal and Wendy.

The older girl sighed, looking me in the eyes. "We haven't seen Peter in a few months... He usually comes by to hear stories and see the boys often, but..."

"Where did he go?" I asked urgently. "Where is Peter?"

Micheal smiled at me, getting up and taking my hand. "He's looking for you."

I blinked, thinking I was hearing things. Looking for me? Impossible. I had been banished... He didn't want me.

"He went to America, Lilli." Wendy explained. "Just a couple months ago."

Jon shrugged, leaning back into the couch. "At first, we looked around here for him... But when there were no signs of you, he decided he would go there..."

Involuntarily, a tear rolled down my cheek as realization washed over me. He did want me... My best friend was searching for me. "I have to go back."

"But Lilli!" Wendy said quickly.

I sighed, placing a hand on the girl I had though was so horrible's shoulder. "Thank you... And I'm sorry, for what I did... I- I suppose I was jealous."

She shook her head. "Jealous? Of me?"

"You were his age, you were pretty... His eyes never left the sight of you when you were near." I looked at the ground. "To him, I was just a little girl... Like his sister."

"Poppycock." Jon said, quickly standing on his feet. "Peter adored you."

"Then why was I banished?" I asked, looking him in the eye, obviously pained by the topic.

Micheal hugged me, shocking me but surprisingly making me feel better. "He was just angry, Lilli. Upset that you would do that to someone besides you that he cared about."

Jon nodded, placing a hand on my shoulder. "He's been looking for you since a week after he banished you."

"Worried sick." Wendy added.

More tears ran down my face as I hurried toward the window. "I have to go find him!"

Wendy stopped me just before I jumped out. "Lilli, just... Promise that if you have no luck, you'll come back here."

"Promise." My reply seemed to have shocked me more than anyone else, but I was in too much of hurry...

It was out the window and back to America for me.