Beautiful Coffins

1/1

Revenge is delicious.

Sure, what I did made me a criminal, but I didn't feel guilty and I didn't feel terrible lying in bed at night.

Savanna Evans was my worst enemy. I'd known her ever since middle school. She was beautiful, smart, and the biggest bitch you could ever meet. Through high school she put me down again and again. Verbal abuse and a few times she'd had kids beat me up. I was the loser of the school thanks to her.

I didn't see her again for eight years. I was living in Seattle, having the time of my life. Sure, she had always called me a fat pig, but here I was, a model. She had nothing on me.

I heard about her on the news one day. She'd been in a terrible accident and was now left blind. Her face was terribly disfigured and she could barely speak. I felt terrible for all those times I had cursed her out in my mind and prayed that she'd get hit by something. It seems karma bit her in the ass.

But anyway, she was on the news because she was getting some sort of face transplant. Seriously, only a few have been performed in the country and they usually make people's faces look worse.

So it was a month before I saw her on the news again, her new face healed. I couldn't believe it. I could not believe it. She looked exactly the same, if not prettier, than she'd always been. She was still blind and couldn't speak much, but she looked exactly the same!

I verbally complained about all the attention she was now recieving. I knew I should have been happy for her, but I knew that even though her words were few, she probably still flung insults around the room.

Another year passed before I saw her again.

You wanna know where Savanna was? She was in bed with my boyfriend. That blind, fake-faced bitch was fucking my boyfriend. Seriously, how in God's name do you fuck someone when you're blind?

I played it cool, knowing I'd have my revenge later. I kicked my boyfriend's cheating ass out of the apartment, but I let Savanna go.

She noticed me of course, and made up some lame story about being friends in high school. Whatever. I kicked her out and plotted my revenge.

She didn't live in Seattle, so she'd need a ride to where she really lived, or at least a ride to the airport. I called her the hotel she was staying at to promote her face in the city and all that shit and told her I'd drive her back home. What are friends for?

I made other arrangements with a few more of my friends from highschool who hated her just as much and my revenge began.

=+=

"Are we home?" she asked, confused as to why we stopped.

"Oh no I just needed a break from driving. We're at this pretty little garden. You wanna walk around?" I asked.

"Er.. sure," she seemed kind of hesitant.

I helped her out and walked over to where the box lay.

"Here," I said. "Sit on this bench. It smells nice over here," I told her.

She nodded and I helped her to sit in the coffin. The expression on her face was confused, but she couldn't put her emtions to words.

I pushed her shoulders down so she laid down. She still couldn't speak.

"Something wrong, Savanna?" her face was screwed up.

I brought over the lid and put it over the coffin. She didn't even scream.

My friends ran over and helped me push the coffin into the freshly-dug lot.

"It's a coffin, it's a coffin!" I heard her finally yell as we shoveled the dirt back on top of her fake body.

There was no one for miles. This was deserted territory.

"I'll pick out the most beautiful coffin for you to send you on your way," I said and shoveled, her dumb screams so pleasant to my ears. "And I'll douse it with gasoline to make sure when you leave this place that you leave it up in flames. When the smoke fills your lungs and your body starts to decay and when you blend into the earth, I hope it hurts. I hope it hurts you like you hurt me first."

I wiped the dirt off my hands, got into my car, and drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow.