Forgotten History

Chapter 1: Making Friends...

Jinx’ eyebrows arched as a look of confusion descended over her features,
“Yes… I am the highest of The Trinity… My sisters Jocelyn and Twisted are my right and left in ruling this land. You have heard of us newcomer?” She asked with a tone of genuine curiosity. I stood there in amazement as I let my duffel bag fall to the floor, clattering loudly as its odd contents of clothes, weapons, cooking equipment books and my violin landed heavily. My senses returned after a moment, and I piped up to speak.
“Well, just in the stories I was told as a child. I’d never thought I’d actually come face to face with you guys.” I smiled idiotically, I felt oddly star struck in a fashion, meeting a fairytale character to whose story was once been used to lull you to sleep at night. “How did you know I was a newcomer?” She merely smiled her dazzling smile again, flashing her fangs a little. It became blatantly obvious from her razor sharp elongated canines and her dazzling beauty that she could be no other race but a Vampire.
“I am the authority around here, and I know everyone in my kingdom… all except you.” She examined me with piercing eyes as she paced across the debris filled floor, “You… are fresh” She chirped with a wry smile upon her face. She took a few steps towards me and I felt my muscles cramp up, refusing to move. She stroked my cheek gently and took a small step back. “But now I must leave. Fare thee well Jay. Stay safe” She chimed as she leaped from the building effortlessly.
‘Wow… What a woman’ I thought to myself as I gathered up bag from the floor. My mind was racing with the thrill of this new kingdom already, all of the people, different races, all unique in their own way.

As my eyes wondered around the room in which I was now alone, devoid of life completely other than myself. The corpse left by my new ruler Jinx caught my gaze and I was fixated, I started to salivate wildly and I felt my pupils dilate. A higher sense of things took over me. Before I knew what I was doing I had turned back into my less hospitable form and was flying through the air towards my first meal as a Lone wolf, although I wasn't alone for long. My teeth tore through the freshly deceased flesh like a warm knife through butter. I was so hungry I didn't even chew the meat, I just swallowed and swallowed until I could take no more. I fell backwards my stomach bulging in a satisfied manner and belching loudly whilst laughing, no-one was around so it seemed appropriate. I reverted back to my human form and, sighing happily, I checked the condition of the body. Without realising it I had devoured more than half of it and fresh blood still dribbled from the remaining top half of him, 'Maybe this could make a decent meal for someone else' Just as I thought those words a small, insecure voice approached from behind me. My head shot around and my deep crimson eyes met with the fiery-red eyes of another Lycan. He stood about 7 and a half feet tall with pitch- black fur, matted down like it had not been washed for a long while. Even though he was still built like the proverbial brick shit house, he looked scrawny and under nourished. His clothes were ripped and torn in several places, from which his fur poked feebly. My guard lowered as, by his disgruntled look and his weak stagger, he wasn't going to attack and if he did he wouldn't have lasted long. His frantic eyes darted feverishly between myself and the corpse behind me, who I had named Philip. Philip didn't seem to mind all of this attention, he was rather laid back as a matter of fact. He seemed like the quiet type. I laughed to myself as my train of thought wondered.

"Are you going to finish that?" His voice was dry and croaky. He nudged his way forward inching closer and closer to Philip. I stood up, still eying him, trying to figure him out. I stepped aside politely and allowed him his fill.
“Knock yourself out, my friend. I’ve ate too much already” Smiling politely I gestured towards Philip. No quicker had the permission left my lips was the Lycan on top of the corpse, ripping it apart, tearing the flesh from bone and devouring it all. He crunched on the bones until there was nothing left. And with that Philip was no more. I watched as he swivelled where he sat, his muzzle stained a bright red, and he smiled.
“Thank you stranger, you didn’t have to though. You’re a good person.” He nodded in respect to me. I looked down to him with a warm smile on my lips.
“What kind of fellow Lycan would I be if I didn’t help?” I chuckled a little, his face was a picture. He had no idea I was a Lycan. He stood quickly bowing his head, I tilted my head at his odd behaviour.
“Oh… My apologies brother, I didn’t know.” His gaze was firmly glued to the floor as I paced over to him, and patted him on the head.
“Don’t apologise, you’ve done nothing to be sorry for. I couldn’t just sit by and watch you starve, I wanted to help.” I grinned down to him as he looked up, he smiled as I stepped away. He stoop up after me. wiping the blood from his muzzle and smearing it across his tracksuit bottoms, and turned back into his human form. As a human This boy stood about 5 foot 9, and sported a pale and pasty complexion. He was neither bulky or intimidating, but his fiery eyes betrayed this presumption. A true personification of the phrase “Never judge a book by its cover”.

“Now then,” I said, clapping my hands together loudly “How about we get you a drink, and a nice warm place to sleep?” I had to offer my help, I couldn’t leave him here like this. Sometimes my compassion got the better of me, and it got me into a lot of trouble. “Oh I’m sorry I forgot the introductions. My name is Jason Bane, but please, call me Jay” I put my hand out again, this time with slightly more confidence than with Jinx. Jinx. I couldn’t stop thinking of her, she was stuck in my head and she was refusing to leave, but I wasn’t complaining. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her hair was like silk. Her face was like satin. Her eyes shone brighter than a million stars. Suddenly the croaky voice broke into my daydream, purging the images of Jinx that clouded my mind.
“Hi Jay, my name is Rayne, I don’t remember my second name.” He looked down a little. Rayne was always ashamed when he was unable to do something, he was so unconfident, but he could accomplish so much if he just tried. “I’m sorry, but I wont be able to take you up on your offer. I have everything I need right here, earth to sleep on, food to eat. Thank you anyway Jay, it does mean a lot to me.” His smile returned and I gave one back to show I was not disrespected in any way.
“It’s fine Rayne, but promise me you’ll ask if you ever need help. It’s always a pleasure to help out a fellow ‘Wolf in need.” I gave a light chuckle and Rayne giggled.
“Yeah okay, us dogs have to stick together huh? I promise.” He nodded as he spoke and I knew his words were sincere. I nodded in agreement.
“That we do, my friend. Now I must leave, I’ve got to find my way around my new home. I hope to see you soon Rayne. Goodbye.” Rayne nodded and gave a small wave as a farewell, he looked a little drowsy as he yawned covering his mouth with his free hand. He was cute, in a ragged homeless kind of way, but his words were true and unfaltering. I turned around and began to make my way the edge of the gaping hole in the building, I staggered slightly as I did so, I figured I must have tripped so I thought nothing if it. My blinks began to take longer and longer, taking an age to open again my eyes became heavy. I reached the edge of the floor, it crumbled precariously as I looked around, confused and scared at what was happening. A loud thud from behind me caused my whole body to turn. I saw Rayne sprawled across the ground, his eyes shut tightly. My mind was racing with thoughts. Then it dawned on me. ‘Philip! I knew he was up to no good. Someone must have drugged him. But that means… Jinx! No! She drained him almost completely before she left.’ by the time I had realised what was happening I was staring straight at the vomit-inducing beige sky and it was getting further away at an alarming rate. The air roared past my ears, so loud, so cold that they began to sting and ache. I couldn’t move, I was paralysed, all that I could do was wait for the impact and hope that I’d survive. But before I even got the chance to cause a mess on the pavement, everything went black. I blinked awake with my last ounce of strength. Everything was dull and foggy, I couldn’t make out much. But I saw her, Jinx, slumped unconscious over the top of a wrecked car. I tried to reach out, my hand clawed at thin air trying to help her, to save her. A man, or more a boy, walked in from ground floor of the building I just vacated, He had Rayne over his shoulder, He walked toward Jinx laughing loudly and hysterically.
“Ah. My Queen. So nice of you to drop in. I only came here looking for you and now I’ve found myself a couple of new pets. Thank you ever so much.” He laughed a horrifying laugh as he talked casually to the unresponsive Queen. My eyes closed again, the sound of his cackle resonating in my head.

I awoke slowly, my head pounding from where it had obviously connected with the concrete. I tried to lift my hand to check the wound but it refused to move. I was bound to a large iron chair that was bolted to the floor, although I was stuck in it I couldn’t help but admire the craftsmanship. It was beautifully carved, to perfection I’d say. I looked around my place of captivity, only to realise it was rather homely, a large Victorian dining room surrounded me. Life size portraits of who I presumed were the houses previous occupiers littered the walls. A huge feature fireplace stood at one end of the long room, it stood at least 8 feet high, smooth white marble. On my left were Jinx and Rayne, both strapped to similar chairs and regaining consciousness. I whispered towards them to try to get their attention.
“Hey… Jinx… Rayne…” They looked around groggily, much like I had done moments before. I sighed to myself a their eyes eventually fell on me, and looked at me to let me know I had been acknowledged.
“We need to get out of here. You two have any ideas?” They both shook their heads in unison. Suddenly the large oak door opposite the fireplace swung open and a man walked in brandishing a long silver broadsword and a crossbow on his back. I thought to myself ‘What does this man want with us? Why does… wait, that’s the boy from the Grounds!’ . He paced up to Jinx, Rayne and I were on either side of Jinx and were both growling deeply at the boy. He merely laughed at our attempts of intimidation as he leaned into Jinx. I felt my heart stop. ‘If he hurts her, If he harms a single hair on her head, I swear to the gods theses chains shall not contain me’. I felt my fists clenched as he inched closer to her and she attempted to reel back.
“You may not know me Jinx, but I know you… I’ve known you for about six months now…” He cackled again as a confused look manifested on all of our faces simultaneously. This was going to be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm maing slow progress... I'm not goin to give up on this one ^_^