‹ Prequel: Pathway To Rebellion
Sequel: Life Was Perfect
Status: Finished

Rebel

Chapter Twenty - END

Gerard’s POV:

We waited on the stairs as Mrs Iero answered the door. Frank’s hand was firmly in mine as we watched the Catholic beasts called my parents enter the house. My mother spotted us first and her face showed a look of pure disgust as she noticed our entwined hands; my father’s face mirrored her exact expression…stupid homophobes. I gulped; I had a feeling that this wasn’t going to go down well…it would end pretty badly.
“We don’t really plan on staying, Linda,” my mother told Mrs Iero, declining her offer of a coffee “the sooner we get Gerard away from your son the better,”

I glared at her and tightened my grip on his hand. Not only was she being entirely rude to Mrs Iero, who is really kind…most of the time…anyway, my mother also is being a mega cow, the way she sneered the word ‘son’ was basically all I needed to know her opinion of him. She thought he was piece of scum that deserved to die…he was a sinner in her eyes, but weirdly enough, I wasn’t. Frank was about to open his mouth with a reply that obviously was nasty, but he stopped; my facial expression intrigued him. My fear filled face had been replaced by a smirk and before he could even react or ask me about it, my lips were on his. He was shocked at first, but then he began kissing me back. I could hear my parents gasp in horror and mutter prayers to save my soul. It was the exact reaction I was looking for.

We pulled apart and I smirked at my parents, who looked like that had been slapped by a smelly fish.
“THAT’S IT! GERARD GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!” my father’s voice boomed after he had recovered.
I nodded, beginning to walk down the stairs; away from my Frankie. As I exited the house, I turned back to face Frank. He held his hands in a heart shape over his heart and then he mouthed the words ‘I love you’. I nodded and mouthed the same in return…it reminded me so much of when he’d been expelled. He then mouthed the words ‘I’ll text you’. I nodded and smiled; I knew he would come up with an idea for us to be together. I walked to the car that my parents had rented and I noticed that Mikey was sitting inside it, his nose deep inside of a book. I got into the car and punched him hard in the arm. I smiled as he yelped in pain; he was the one that had told on us in the first pace. As you can tell I still hadn’t forgiven him for it.

The car ride to the hotel was one filled with a cold silence. An icy glare was all that I got from my mum; that glare used to be a gaze of pure love, it shows how even my own family can’t accept the real me and how much love can change everything. I loved Frank with all my heart, and that had caused my whole family to hate me…the love from them was no longer there. It was weird how I didn’t even care; I didn’t need them, all I needed was Frankie. I felt alone and I was missing Frank already…it was quite pathetic. Tomorrow morning I will be forced to fly several thousands of kilometres away from the person whom had my heart.

Once we were in the hotel room, my parents anger and discussed that had been building up over the car ride was released.
“What the hell were you thinking, boy?” Father yelled
“You must shower at once, you have to cleanse yourself and your soul of that filthy gay’s sinning,” Mother ordered.
“May the lord forgive you for deceiving him like this!” Father muttered loudly.
“What evil thoughts invaded your mind to make you commit such a horrible and unnatural sin?!?” my mother screeched.
It went on and on, both of them speaking over each other, not letting me even had a word. I couldn’t take it any longer.
“JESUS F***ING CHRIST! SHUT THE F***ING HELL UP! OH MY GOD YOU TWO ARE SO F***ING ANNOYING! CAN’T YOU F***ING SEE THAT I F***ING LOVE HIM? I DON’T GIVE A F*** WHAT THE LORD THINKS ABOUT IT!” I screamed.
I paused, catching my breath and waiting for their reactions. I felt much better after screaming at them…it was a good release of emotions. My mum fainted while my father grew angry. Mikey was there to catch my mother as father strode over to me. He smacked me over the head and kneed me in the gut. I fell to the floor in pain and he continued his beating, throwing kicks and punches; he was treating me like a human punching bag. I didn’t let a sob escape my lips, knowing that it would only show my weakness, I held it all in, taking all the pain. I felt myself bruise and blood began to pour out of several cuts. All the while he was muttering ‘you ain’t no son of mine’, before humming a song.
“You ain’t no son of mine for what you've done. They're gonna finda place for you. And just you mind your manners when you go. And when you go, don't return to me,”

Soon he gave up on me and went to tend to mother. I was glad that she didn’t see father beating me. I hated her, but I didn’t want her to see the man she loves turning into a monster and assaulting her son. She did look a bit confused when she saw me all battered and bleeding, though that confusion soon turned to hatred. All the things I’d felt towards this woman turned cold…she was no mother of mine.
“Call Father Jonathon, tell him that we’re sending Gerard to a monastery…he’s going to become a monk,” she told father.
He nodded in agreement and both looked at me while smiling evilly. What the hell had I done? It was now going to be even harder to be with Frank, I just had to wait until I was 18 then I would get far from this family as I could.

Just as this was all happening and their attention turned from me to Mikey, something vibrated in my pocket, informing me that I had received a text. I smiled as I walked towards the bathroom; I was going to be free…

Frank’s POV

I sat at the dinner table rolling my eyes at every word that came out of my mum’s mouth. She was complaining about the rudeness of the Ways, but I had already known how they would act and I even warned her about it. I only played with my food, not eating one bite, as mum had forgotten about me being a vegetarian and she’d made a meat-filled dish…the bitch. My annoying siblings were complaining about something; I think it was about me flicking peas at them, but I don’t know…I can’t stand their high-pitched voices. After dinner I walked into the kitchen in hope of finding something to eat. My mother walked in, a frown on her face as she looked at my full plate.
“Now, Frankie darling, why didn’t you eat? I don’t want you to become anorexic!” she said.
“Mum, I’m a vegetarian…” I told her.
“Oh, opps, sorry I forgot honey!” she apologized, she sounded sincere and stressed.
I glared at her before storming up the stairs, eating an apple. I wasn’t in the best mood to deal with her stupid pregnancy.

I’d sent a text to Gerard but he was yet to reply; I was really worried about him. I mean, our plan had to be done tonight otherwise he would be flying home with his parents…which was like a few states away. I didn’t know when my parents were planning on sending me away, but I had a big feeling that it was going to be very soon. I stared at my phone again, waiting for it to start vibrating, but it never did. I was about to throw the phone across the room at the wall when it finally began to vibrate. I squealed with glee and quickly opened the message. It was from Gerard which made me even more excited. It read:

OMFG BABE! I miss you! What’s your plan? My parents have gone psycho and are going to send me to become a monk or something! Xxx ILY!

I had to contain a giggle, since this was a serious situation. I really couldn’t imagine Gerard as a monk and I must say it would be one of the most hilarious things in the entire world. I looked at the phone, quickly replying with more descriptions of what my amazing plan entailed him to do. I had to explain how this would happen, timing was everything! I smirked, we were going to be together, and neither of our parents could stop us.

My parents were settling themselves into bed as I began to race around my room collecting important items that I would need. These things included: my house keys, wallet, heaps of money, lighter, iPod, phone, clothes and other small personal things. Sadly I couldn’t bring little Gee along with me, but I promised myself that once Gerard and I had both turned 18 that we would come back and collect him. The moonlight that entered through my window glinted on his beautiful fur. It brought tears to my eyes to think that I would have to leave such a wonderful companion behind…I loved this cat and hopefully my mum wouldn’t give him away. I held him close to me as I thought of something that I would write in a letter to my parents, explaining this situation. I knew they were more open-minded and more understanding than Gerard’s parents, but my mum was still a bitch and she tried to ruin my happiness and my life.

I would have to run around the house collecting last minute things like food from the kitchen and money from my parents various ‘secret’ hiding spots; I knew that it would be enough for me and Gerard to last for a while. I quickly wrote a note, explaining the reason for my departure and that if they got rid of Gee I would kill them. I also mentioned that I would be coming back when we were both legally adults.

I was finally on my way to Gerard’s hotel, it took me awhile to sneak out without my parents realizing since my mum got out of bed like every 10 minutes…I’m so glad that I’m gay at least I don’t have to put up with that…eww. Hopefully Gerard would be able to sneak out as well, if he didn’t then this whole thing would be ruined and we would be separated forever. When the building drew closer my heartbeat began to rise. This was it; if we failed this then we were obviously not destined to be together, but even that would never ever stop me from loving Gerard. I reached the hotel and I was almost to the point of hyperventilating. This had to work; my happiness depended on it. I leaned against the wall next to the entrance of the hotel; I almost fainted when somebody came running out of the hotel doors.

Dark raven locks of hair glinted in the starlight as beautiful hazel orbs searched the darkness for a distinctive shape or shadow. Stress was easy to spot as his body was stiff as he shifted from foot to foot and he checked his phone every couple of seconds.
“Gee,” I whispered, letting the wind carry my words.
He jumped and turned to face me, a grin taking up most of his face.
“Hey babe,” he greeted, kissing me.
“You got everything?” I asked our lips only centimetres apart.
“Yeah…” he answered, pulling away.
“Ready to go?” I asked as I gazed into his eyes.
He nodded excitedly and I smiled along with him.

We began our walk up the road and away from his family, only with a faint idea of where we were headed. We turned our backs on our parents, our homes, our past and for Gerard, his beliefs. We were happy as we walked hand in hand on the mighty road to a bright and love filled future together. We knew that the first few years would be hard, but we didn’t care. We were together, running away from homophobic and unloving parents…we were on our way to something so much happier and brighter. This brought massive smiles to our faces. Gerard showed how happy he was and he worked in the dedication we had for each other, by beginning to sing…and I knew that everything would be alright.

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

Until the end, until this pool of blood
Until this, I mean this, I mean this
Until the end of...

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

But this time, we'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of every...”


The End
♠ ♠ ♠
It's here; the end!
Long as well, around 2,800 words!
As you know, there is a sequel called 'Life Was Perfect'...it might be a while till I start putting it up, probably 3-4 weeks.

Comments are still welcome, tell me what you thought of the whole 'Rebel'....

Thanks to:
x_just_listen_x
MemphisandCollege
secrets-that-die
demolitionlover13
catastrophic cathy. [x2] (Lol, my story stalker DX)
phoenixcurse
DiexToxSurvive
My_Venomous_Romance