Stay Alive. (Even If You're Already Dead.)

Chapter 1.

It was a cool night on Lover's Cliff.The wind was refreshing and crisp. September was starting to fade into the Autumn nights of October. The moon was shining its radiant milky light upon the New Yorkers. Normally Jaden would be sitting on her roof top gazing out upon the sky, but tonight she wasn't.

She was crouched behind a weedy bush. She had been sitting there for an hour, waiting. She was getting sore and tired. It was late and she was yearning to go home. But she couldn't let her guard down.Where are they?

She heard a small thud. She held her weapon tightly, prepared if she needed it. She could not see anyone except for the 'couple' in the car. The bait was there. They must've smelled the blood by now.

Inside the car, the 'couple' were tenderly kissing. They were prepared. They've done this before and they never hesitated when they were on the job.

Suddenly, there was a rustle behind Jaden. She did not dare look, she could not spare one second to look away from the car. Out of no where, a slim figure jumped upon the car. She gave a sly laugh and punched the rooftop. Piercing screams sounded from the car. Jaden stepped out from the bushes. She was the cue. Everybody stepped out. In their arms were large weapons.

One glance at the arms showed that it meant business. Some of them would capture the targets or merely stun them, but others would send a beam of lightning or cast a net over them and send volts through the wires, killing the target and leaving the body to slowly disintegrate..Jaden was a powerful inventor and her work was beautiful and dark. She had ideas of peace and chaos. Sometimes she was stuck between the both.

"Go!" she screamed.

The vampress turned around and there were clicks of the trigger, but the vampress did not fall.She gave a loud cackle again,that making the hair on Jaden's neck to rise, and bared her long white fangs. She left the no-longer screaming couple and inched towards Jaden. She pulled the trigger again, but nothing. She slowly backed. Suddenly, the vampress was slammed to the ground and a loud crunch sounded. The vampress turned to dust.

Jaden winced at the sound.The noise she first heard when she was younger. Her eyes were closed and her heart race as she tried to calm herself down. It's just a stupid sound. It's just a stupid sound. It's just a stupid sound... Then a loud yell pulled her back.

"What the bloody hell happened?"

Jaden opened her eyes. A tall teenager was standing in front of her. He wore a navy coloured collar shirt underneath a sweater with a black pair of jeans.His neck wrapped with a striped scarf. Colours of the night. His hair was black with fiery red streaks, his natural hair colour.It hung over his green eyes. He was a good looking young man though he never seemed to smile. The way he acts, it's not a surprise. He always seems to be depressed or mad. No one knew why, but something always kept him at that state.

"Why did you guys hold back?" he asked.

"We did not hold back!" Jaden replied.

"Then what happened?"

"I don't know, maybe the fuel ran out."

His emerald eyes turned away and headed towards the cliff.

"You call yourselves hunters?"

Then he jumped off.

Nate rolled down the window and looked at Jaden's tense face. Not sure how to react, he merely said "Well, next time you be the bait."

Jaden loosened up her jaw and replied with a smile.

---

The warehouse lights shone its usual dim glow upon the Vampire Slayers. The warehouse belonged to Jaden. Her apartment was upstairs though no one except her went there. The warehouse was full of computers and equipment; of violence and intelligence.

Jaden was sitting down at her desk downloading the new vampire into her list on her computer. Another one down. Then she took out her pen and journal. It was a thick book with a leather cover. The paper was old and frayed.but Jaden preferred it. She lifted her black ink pen and began to write.

September 31st, 2007.

Tonight was another successful slaying. It seems we are getting closer to finding the Vampire Queen. Her little pawns will lead us to her. It's all, but a matter of time.


A thudding sound echoed around the warehouse and Jaden couldn't help, but look up. Nate was throwing stakes into the cardboard targets. Jaden couldn't help, but smile at his determination.

Everybody seems to be developing so well into this. Stronger, smarter, faster. We all seem to be learning from this experience. Especially Rupert.

Rupert was in the kitchen mixing ingredients in the blender.

It seems the concoction I made has kept him controlled. He has agreed to work with us when I took him in, but he does not want to get along, she wrote as she eyed Rupert carefully as he poured a small amount of a mysterious liquid into the blender.

He is so eager to finish off the the Queen's colony, his own people. Exactly why, I do not know. He seems to be going on his own pace, not afraid to leave some behind, but sure to always keep the ones he need close by though never ahead.

His people are always mistakened. They are people that crave what runs though are veins, blood. The become a vampire when they are bitten by one. These amazing creatures are not the living dead, yet. Many years ago, back in the Medieval times priests and scholars said ones that are ought be dead walk among us searching for blood, but this is nothing , but a lie. Priests and scholars were scared for their lives, bringing bad news to the king was a suicide. Vampires are among us, though not dead until they've done what they are meant to do. Drink blood. Until they drink a large amount of blood, they are still with the living. But when they cross the line, they have become the living dead. Pale and yearning for more blood.

But what about the newbies? Of course they have powers. The moment the vampire's fangs sink into your skin, you've gained the powers and the rights of a vampire. You've been given the 'touch'. The powerful mind they lets you choose what to do to your victim when you bite them. Feed on them.Turn them into a vampire. Or kill them. Beautiful animals they are, they've been prone to be nothing, but a danger lurking at night, Of course they have lives at daytime (The myth that they cannot withstand light is what it is, a myth),but some cannot part with their quest. To drink blood. To control. And they stay hidden to achieve it. But first they must listen to the person that holds all the answers. The Queen.