‹ Prequel: Paper Lanterns
Sequel: Sick of Me
Status: Completed! Check out the follow up series, Sick of Me. (Edited on 9-23-12 for layout, grammar, and spelling.)

Pieces of Truth

Got Some Pieces of Truth

The tour continued after our mini-vacation in the Keys and ended up in Minnesota near the end of July. Billie Joe seemed different; almost nervous as we went to a party after another great show. The four of us got separated shortly after arriving, but I stuck to Tre once I found him.

"I wanna find Beej!" I told him as we walked around.

Apparently Tre saw something I didn't, because he tried to divert my attention.

"Hey, let's go get some drinks over here," he said, trying to pull me in the opposite direction that we were going.

"No, what's going on?" I turned around, pulling out of his grasp and continuing to walk.

Soon after, I stopped in my tracks.

"What?" I breathed.

There stood Billie, holding onto a beer and waving his free hand as he told a story to a blushing, giggling woman. She seemed to be our age, with dark dreadlocks, brown eyes and a bigger frame than my own. She could've probably beaten the shit out of me if she wanted to.

Her friends were behind her, whispering to one another as they looked my boyfriend over. Fighting the urge to leave the party and deal with him later, I casually approached them.

"Grace! I've been looking for you," Billie smiled, kissing me abruptly.

When he pulled away, I saw the girls all glaring at me.

"Oh, this is my girlfriend, Grace! Gray, this is Adrienne and her friends. I met her on our first tour."

"Hi," I nodded, and they smiled back awkwardly.

"So you're Grace? The girl who made Billie so miserable?" One of the friends asked in a rude voice.

"In my defense, he hurt me too. But I don't have to explain myself to you, or anyone else. We're better than we've ever been," I grinned, watching this Adrienne girl frown.

Taking a swig of Billie's beer, I asked if he wanted another one.

"I'm good for now, thanks," he answered.

I went to get one for myself, and he followed me not long after.

"Grace, what's going on? You're not gonna get hammered, are you?" Billie asked.

"No! I just got a bad vibe from those girls. And Adrienne didn't seem too excited that I ruined her chance."

"What chance?" he asked cluelessly.

"She obviously thinks she's gonna get with you! Her friends did too, until I showed up."

"Well it's a good thing you did because I only have eyes for you," he smirked, playfully biting at my neck.

"Billie Joe," I giggled, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him close, "I love you!"

"I love you too, Grace," he grinned.

For the next hour or so, Billie was practically attached to me and I was getting annoyed. I tried to discreetly disappear, but Billie had his arm around me.

"Where are you trying to get to?" he asked, rubbing his hand along my side.

"Bathroom. I gotta gooo," I told him, "I'll be back in a flash!"

I gave the boy a kiss before heading to find the restroom.

"So Grace," I heard from behind me.

I looked around, spotting Adrienne and her friends.

"Can I help you?" I asked, shoving my hands into my shorts' pockets.

"Yeah, actually. Do me a favour and stay away from Billie," Adrienne hissed.

"Excuse me? Someone needs a reality check. Billie Joe and I are together. We've known each other since 1980, and I really doubt someone like you could get in between us."

"Why don't you tell her about the first time you met him," one of the friends told their leader.

"After they played, they hung around so I got to talking with Billie, and we went back to his hotel and made love," she told me proudly.

"I'm sorry?"

"Why do you think he always stops here? It's so he can see me," Adrienne smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

I pulled my hands from my pockets, ready to explode at this pathetic excuse of a woman.

"Y'know, I really don't care about what you say," I shrugged, walking to the bathroom as if nothing had happened.

When I went to find Billie, I saw Adrienne and her followers were already there.

"She screamed at me, called me a bitch and slapped me after telling me to stay away from you, Billie," Adrienne played up her sniffles and sobs as I walked up.

"Are you serious?! You and your friends told me to keep away from my soul mate! Then you told me that you 'made love' to him. Oh, and his name isn't Billie, it's Billie Joe!" I ran a hand through my hair, completely annoyed by this girl and her high school antics.

"Gray, be honest. Did you do all of the things Adrienne said you did?"

I was more than shocked that Billie wasn't sticking up for me.

"I swear on my mother's grave, Billie Joe," I said as I held eye contact with him, "They stopped me on my way to the bathroom and barraged me."

"I think it's time we got outta here," he nodded, "Bye."

We went to go find Mike and Tre, but Adrienne followed us.

"Billie, I'm not lying! How can you just use me and throw me aside like some groupie? You told me you loved me!"

Billie Joe whirled around to face her, the angriest look on his face that I had ever seen.

"You are a crazy groupie. I never had sex with you and I sure as hell would never say that I loved you, because I'm leaving with the only girl I've ever loved, and still do to this minute." We left a dumbfounded Adrienne and company, rounded everyone up and got on the bus to our hotel.

Billie and I sat at the table in the kitchenette, and I wanted to talk about what just happened.

"Did you really do anything with that girl? I won't be mad, you know.. We weren't together and all that stuff."

"I did use her, that's for sure. I would just talk to her for hours about my problems and she would listen. I guess she told her friends otherwise."

"Have you ever had any one night stands on tours?" I asked, not sure if I wanted to hear the answer.

"I'm not gonna lie, there are nights, even spans of time that I don't remember because I would get so drunk or high, and I have no idea what I might have done," Billie told me. He actually seemed ashamed of himself.

"Hey, it's okay. I didn't think you'd be able to go almost two years without some sort of sex," I laughed.

"Yeah, but none of it was ever as good as when it's us, though. There really is a difference."

I decided to overlook the fact that he had just said he didn't recall.

"As long as you don't get any STD's, or screw anyone but me while we're together..."

"I'm good in that department," he smirked.

"Which one? Being disease free or screwing me?"

"Both!"

"Billie!" I giggled, watching him smile too.

"You honestly can't tell me you haven't had any sex the whole time you were gone, can you?" His eyes widened as I shook my head.

"I didn't have any sex whatsoever. I went on a few dates, but none got too far."

"Wow.. I don't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything. It's no big deal. I never found anyone to share my soul with the way I have with you," I shrugged.

"That's really admirable. I just didn't even fucking care," he avoided my eyes.

Once we got to the hotel, we bid Tre and Mike goodnight then went to bed.

"Gray, I'm sorry about Adrienne and her friends," he apologized again.

"It's okay, Beej. I'm not worried about them. I'm too confident in our relationship to let that girl get to me."

"Good," he smiled, giving me a kiss goodnight.