The Weeping Angels

Drinks

They walked into the brightly lit pub together. The quiet murmur of voices washed over them as they headed towards the bar.

“What’ll you ‘ave?” The barman flashed them a toothy smile as he wiped the bench.

“Two glasses and your best wine.” Eric fished in his pocket for his wallet.

“Righto.” The man disappeared.

“Best wine?” Emma mused appreciatively. “What’s the occasion?”

Eric shrugged. “I never ask for anything else.”

Emma’s smile vanished. “I’ll go sit down.”

He watched her walk away as the barman returned with a bottle and two glasses. “Here.” He said pushing it towards Eric.

Eric said nothing as he paid and took the bottle and glasses to where Emma sat. He poured a generous amount into each glass.

“So, no occasion?” Emma asked, looking into the deep red liquid.

“The Doctor is coming?” Eric suggested, licking his lips as he savoured the taste. It really must have been the best wine in the bar, he thought.

Emma nodded slowly and drank deeply. Eric watched her throat move as she gulped the wine down. Emma lowered the glass and caught Eric staring at her. Her cheeks flushed and she looked down. “Do I have something on my face?” She asked, her hands moving to her face.

Eric shook his head. “You look perfect...”He stopped, cleared his throat and drained the rest of his glass.

Emma watched him thoughtfully as she ran her fingers around the rim of her glass. “Anything else?” She asked quietly.

Eric nearly dropped the bottle as he poured two more glasses. “What do you mean?”

“You didn’t finish that sentence.” She leaned forwards. Her familiar scent hit him and Eric breathed deeply.

He drank quickly and poured a third. “Of course I did.”

Emma leaned back, dissatisfied. “Whatever.” They sat a few moments in silence before Emma stood and sat next to him. Eric started and leaned away slightly as she rested her hand on his leg. Thoughts raced through his head but he bit them back. Emma was his co-worker, nothing could happen between them. “Eric,” Emma turned his head so that he was looking at her. She stared into his eyes and Eric groaned softly. She smiled and leaned closer.

“Emma..”

“Don’t give me bullshit about us being co-workers.” She cut in. Both her hands her now on his cheeks, pulling him in.

Damn it all to hell. Eric thought as he leaned over and kissed her.

Three hours later Eric pushed the door shut with his foot as their bodies slammed against the wall. Emma curled her fingers into his hair as his lips brushed roughly against her neck. She pulled away and ran her tongue along her red lips. Eric leaned forwards but Emma grabbed his hand and pulled him after her towards her bedroom.

Eric only had time to take a quick glance around the tastefully furnished room before Emma pulled him down onto the bed on top of her. Her fingers entwined in his hair again as she pulled his mouth to hers.

Emma moaned quietly as Eric’s hands slid down her body and tugged her silk shirt from her skirt. The fabric slid over her skin and they broke apart as Eric slid it over her head and tossed it onto the ground. Emma’s hands moved down his chest, feeling the defined muscles beneath the cotton shirt. She undid the buttons quickly and Eric shrugged out of the shirt before it joined Emma’s on the ground. Emma smiled as she watched Eric’s muscles flex above her.

Eric paused and drew back slightly. Emma bit her lip playfully as she tried to decipher the expression in his eyes. But before she could, he blinked and lowered his lips to hers again. Her hands shook slightly as they trailed down his back and moved around to unbuckle his jeans. Eric’s breath caught in his throat as she slipped her hand in. Her teeth played with her lower lip as she hooked her hands into the sides of the jeans and slid them down his legs.

Eric licked his dry lips, avoiding Emma’s gaze. He pressed himself against her before lowering his hands to undo her skirt. It slid off easily and Emma kicked it to the floor. Eric pushed himself up and, closing his eyes, eased himself into her body. Emma gasped and her legs snaked around his torso, bringing him closer to her. Eric pressed his mouth against hers again as they moved together in a quickly increasing rhythm. He trailed his lips down her neck and wound his arm around her waist, lifting her body slightly.

Emma let out a small moan as the intensity built and she dragged her teeth along his shoulder. Eric grabbed her hair and shifted slightly to kiss her again. Emma’s hands clung to his strong shoulders as their bodies rocked together. Emma gasped and moaned loudly as her body shook with pleasure. Eric pressed his face into her shoulder and bit down on her neck as her orgasm triggered his own. He gasped for air as they slowly stopped moving.

Emma pulled his mouth to hers and they kissed slowly. After a few minutes Eric drew away and rolled onto the bed beside her. Emma shifted closer to him and rested her head against his chest. Eric pulled up the blanket beside them and covered their bodies. He wrapped his arm around her and closed his eyes. Emma trailed her fingers across his chest and sighed quietly. Eric glanced down at her and saw her breathing slowing. She was falling asleep. He draped his other arm around her body and stared in the dim light up at the white ceiling. He could still feel the alcohol swirling around in his mind and every now and then he blinked his eyes to refocus. Slowly his lids closed and he drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops...