The Weeping Angels

The Doctor

Eric parked his car and got out. He locked it and wandered over to where Martha was leaning against the wall of the building. “Morning.” He smiled.

Martha returned his smile and offered him some of the crisps she was eating. He took a few and leant against the wall beside her. “Where is everyone else?” He asked.

“Emma is getting coffee, said she really needed it after last night.”

Eric glanced at her, wondering if Emma had said anything to her. Martha’s face was neutral, so he figured that either Emma hadn’t told Martha anything, or Martha was just had a good poker face. “And the Doctor?”

“Oh he’s around somewhere,” Martha grinned. “I think he just went back to the TARDIS to get something..” She looked around the corner of the building. “Well, I’m pretty sure he did.”

“Does he wander off often? I’m not entirely sure if that will help us much.”

Martha laughed, “Oh don’t worry, he’s generally around when you need him most.”

“Generally? And the rest of the time?”

“He can get a bit curious sometimes.” Martha balled up the empty crisp packet and lobbed it into a nearby bin. “Got your coffee I see.”

Emma nodded and adjusted her sunglasses so they sat more comfortably on her face. “I thought you said the Doctor was here?”

“He is, he’s just getting something from the TARDIS... I think. He’s been in there for a little while now. Maybe we should go check on him.” Martha pushed herself away from the wall and walked around the corner.

Eric looked around as they walked. “So, where is this TARDIS thing?”

“Excuse me? Don’t you ever call my TARDIS a thing.”

They all turned around and Martha grinned at the red-headed man. “So I see you finally got the hair colour you wanted.”

“This?” He ran his hand through his hair. “Unfortunately not. It’s a wig.” He sighed as he pulled it off his head.

Eric stared at the man in front of them. “The Doctor?” he asked blankly.

“That’s me,” the man replied with a grin. “And this is Lucy. She’s from the 31st century. Incredible isn’t it?” He gave the girl beside him a quick hug.

Emma stood silent, taking in the man’s tall lean appearance. His clothes were crumpled as if he had been sleeping in them. Her eyes slid to the girl beside him. She was slight and short, at least compared to the Doctor. Her black hair contrasted starkly with her white skin and her dark blue eyes stared around her hypnotically. “You can help us?” Emma asked, breaking the silence.

“Yes. I thought I’d dealt with the Weeping Angels before. They’re wonderful things. Absolutely fascinating.” He paused and cocked his head slightly to the side. “What do you know about them?”

“Nothing, basically.” Eric sighed heavily, his expression puzzled.

“Ah. Well, hm, that doesn’t really help you does it?” The Dctor laughed. “How on earth did you manage?”

“We didn’t.” Emma laughed shortly. “I don’t think we were actually able to find out anything, apart from the fact that these statues were transporting people back in time.”

The Doctor stared at Emma for a moment and pursed his lips. “Huh.” He shoved his hands into his pockets and scuffed the ground with his booted feet. “Well, what happened to Martha Jones? Wasn’t she here a moment ago?” He glanced around and then waved. “Martha! Get back over here!”

Martha hurried over, shoving her phone into her pocket. “Yeah?”

“You remember the Angels don’t you?”

“Of course I do.” She smiled and then frowned slightly. “I must say, that wasn’t the best place we ever went to.”

“No, it really wasn’t was it?” The Doctor pulled a face. “But I didn’t take us there, so you can’t blame that on me.”

“It was your fault that we were touched by the Angels though, if you hadn’t of wanted..”

Eric cleared his throat and Martha looked over at him. “Sorry.” She shrugged.

“Anyway,” The Doctor turned back to Eric and Emma. “The Angels. Yeah, they’re really not bad things you know. It isn’t as if they’re killing people, well they are, but at least they do it nicely. They just transport people back in time.”

“That may be the case, but we obviously still don’t want them here.” Eric interjected.

“True that. So, what do you plan to do about it?”

“You.”

“Me?” The Doctor grinned widely. “Excellent! Well let’s get this party started.” He turned and started to run back to a blue police box. “You people coming or not?”

“Is that the TARDIS?” Emma wrinkled her nose.

Martha smiled as she beckoned Eric and Emma to follow her.

“Are we all going to fit in there?” Eric asked dubiously.

“You’ll see.” Martha laughed.

Eric glanced at Emma. She shrugged and stepped in. “Oh my god.”

Eric quickly followed.

“No way.” Emma breathed as she looked around her. “This is so not possible.”

Eric nudged her. “Not possible?”

“Aren’t you weirded out by this?”

“Hell yes.” Eric whispered and grinned. Emma started to smile back then glared and moved away from him. Eric closed his eyes and shook his head “Idiot.” He muttered.

“I can hear you!” The Doctor called. “Yes, it is bigger on the inside. Believe it or not, I’ve noticed. And shut the door, you’re letting in cold air.”

Eric shut the door and walked over to where The Doctor stood pressing buttons.

“Welcome to the TARDIS. She’s wonderful isn’t she?.” The Doctor flung his arms wide in a triumphant gesture. “Well come on, don’t you have anything nice to say about it? And only nice things. I’ve had enough people say rude things about my TARDIS. It really hurts her feelings you know.”

Eric raised his eyebrows and coughed.

“Oi! I saw that!” The Doctor turned to them. “If you don’t be nice, I won’t help.”

Lucy laughed. “Yeah, as if that would ever happen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in so long :/ I've been a bit useless for a little while with all my stories, but I'm hoping that it won't be too long before another update is posted..
Hope you enjoy :)