Status: updates slow

Girl In The Bookstore

Why me?

The Union Bar. Sanctuary for students after a long hard day of day dreaming through lectures and running around like a headless chicken trying to find out what the 5000 word assignment due in next week is supposed to be on. Well for most anyway. For me, it’s Job Number 2 and a living hell.
I honestly don’t see its appeal. There are way better bars elsewhere where the highlight of the night is the live band they have playing and not who screwed who on the pool table.
Then there he was, standing right in front of me, waiting to order. Mr Tall-Dark-Handsome-Stranger in the flesh. “What can I get you?” I asked...well yelled over the crap music they were playing too loud. “Pint of Lager and a dry Martini please.” Then the most obviously predictable thing happened on earth. So obviously predictable I forgot how there was a chance of it happening. A girl came up to him and started sucking his face off. Typical. Mr Tall-Dark-Handsome-Stranger has a girlfriend. But then, he pushed her away, looking awkward. He tried to smile at me as I gave him the drinks, but it was more like a grimace. Is she his girlfriend? Or someone he doesnt really want to be seen in public with? “£6 please” He handed me a note and walked away “Hey! You forgot your change!” “Keep it!” he smiled back....a real smile this time. WOW! Miss Face-sucker is SERIOUSLY lucky....even if he doesn’t actually want to be seen in public with her. I go to put the money he gave me in the till, look down and realise he gave me a twenty. WOW he’s generous with tips!
I continue serving all the drunken witless wonders who are supposed to be the geniuses who attend our “prestigious” uni *cough cough* until close at 2 am. Time to run back home and get a whole 6 hours sleep before getting up to get ready for a lecture at 9.
I woke up to my phone ringing after what felt like only an hours sleep. Wait...it was only an hour sleep. Who the hell would call at 3:30am?
“Hello?”
“Lila? Its Claire” Shit its my little sister, what the hell has happened? She wont call at this time unless it’s an emergency and she sounds like shes been crying.
“Claire? Whats happened?”
“Its Grandma. She’s dead”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i know the updates are really short and im sorry. but im really crap at writing longer ones
but anyways 2 in 1 night =] have fun