Status: Fin

You Changed My Life Kid.

Chapter One: Val I Need Your Help.

[Zack’s Point Of View]

I had the life. I had the fame and fortune. A cozy apartment to myself. I was currently single and I don’t have a care in the world. I do what I love which is play guitar in a famous bad. I have amazing friends. I have amazing fans. And up until the other day I never thought there be anything that could change that. Boy was I wrong.

I was sitting on the couch, in my shorts, sipping a beer, watching a football game, when there was a knock at the door. I got up and walked over to the door. Looking out the peek whole there stood a man. He was dressed in a button down shirt and jeans.

“Can I help you?” I said threw the door.

“Yes, I’m looking for Zack Baker.” I opened the door.

“I’m Zack Baker.” I said.

“I’m Mr. O’Shea, I work for the State of California’s office of child and family services, and I’m here to ask you if you knew this woman.” he pulled a picture from a folder he was holding. It was a picture of an ex girlfriend I had a few years ago. She had up and left one day and I haven’t seen her since.

“Yea, this is Mary-Lynn.” I said handing back the picture. “Is she alright?” I asked.

“No I’m sorry to inform you that she passed away a few days ago from cancer.” when he said that my heart stopped. “Mr, Baker that’s not why I’m here.” I made eye contact with him hinting for him to continue. “Mary-Lynn had a child before she died. A toddler.” He then pulled another picture from the folder. When I looked down at the picture I almost had a heart attack. There in the picture was a little girl who was a perfect combination of myself and Mary-Lynn.

“Would you like to come in?” I asked, not taking my eyes off the picture.

“Thank you.” I stepped aside and we both walked into the living room. I turned the TV off and brought the half empty bottle of beer out into he kitchen. I was still holding he picture. The little girl was smiling and I couldn’t help but smile.

“What’s her name?” I asked.

“Ophelia. Mary called her Leila for short.” I nodded. “Mr. Baker, are you willing to take her?” I looked up from the picture my eyes wide it had never hit me that this was why he was here.

“Um…” I wasn’t sure what to say.

“She has no other family. No where else to go. If you don’t take her she’ll be put up for adoption.”

“I’ll take her then.”

I signed some papers he gave me a file that important papers in her and things I would need for her. Once he was gone I called the one person I could trust to help me and not tell a soul. I picked up the phone and dialed the number I knew by heart.

“Hello.”

“Val I need your help.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment if you'd like to continue.