Status: Fin

You Changed My Life Kid.

Chapter Fifteen: Peace In My Life.

Chapter Fifteen: Peace In My Life.

Lily moved in right away. Leila was so excited when we told her and she was happy that we were together too. I felt better knowing Leila was happy and even better knowing Lily was happy too. The one year anniversary of Leila coming to live with me was coming quickly and I knew that Mr. O’Shea would be stopping in for his last visit. Leila was growing fast and our bond was unbreakable.

Around 3 o’clock one afternoon, Leila was helping Lily in the kitchen. Lily was making brownies, when there was a knock at the door. I got from the dinning room table where I was doing bills. Leila came out and I picked her up. She always comes with me to answer the door. I open the door to see Mr. O’Shea standing right outside my door. Leila must have not remember him because she buried her face into my shoulder like she did when she was around new people.

“She’s gotten so big since the last time I’ve seen her.” he worker said. I smiled and nodded.

“Come on in.” I said. He thanked me and we walked into the living room. Once I was sitting Leila slipped from my lap and went back to the kitchen where Lily was.

“So how have things been, since the last time I was here?” he asked.

“Great, my girlfriend has moved in with us and Leila adores her. We’re talking about moving, because I want to get Leila a puppy. She’s been asking for one and I’ve been wanting one also.” He nodded.

“So what does Lily do for a living?” he asked.

“She’s Leila’s nanny.” I said. He nodded.

“Well, I hope that works out for you.” I nodded. We talked for a little while longer. “Umm, well I guess that it for me, if you ever need anything just give me a call.” he said. We shook hands, I showed him out. I was glad that was all over. I walked into the kitchen and Leila was cleaning up a small mess on the floor with the hand brush and dust pain.

I bent over giving her hand because she was having a hard time working the objects. When we finished, I kissed her cheek and she dumped the mess into the garbage can. She placed the brush and pan back where she had found it. Watching made me smile. Having her around was amazing. The place was warmer and more lively. She always made everyone smile with her little giggles.

“Daddy, can we watch a movie?” she asked. I nodded.

“Go pick it out.” I said. She went running into the living room. I turned to Lily who was doing the few dishes that were in the sink. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my body against hers. “I love you.” I whispered into her ear.

“I love you too.” she whispered back. I could tell she was smiling by the tone of her voice. I sighed and just held her. When she was done she turned around while still in my arms and we kissed. “Who was the door?” she asked.

“The man from the state who was working Leila’s case.” I said.

“Oh. Is everything alright?” she asked.

“Yes, it was his last visit.” I said. She smiled and I kissed her.

“Daddy I founds the movie I wants to watch!” Leila yelled from the living room. Taking Lily’s hand I led her from the kitchen to the couch. She sat down and I went over taking the case from Leila and popping in the DVD. When Wall-E’s menu came on the screen she squealed bounced over to the couch and climbed up, I took a seat between her and Lily. My girls then snuggled to me as I pressed play and watched the movie.

About half way thru the movie, I started to feel tired. I decided that I would make dinner so that I didn’t fall asleep. I whispered what I was going to do in Lily’s ear. She nodded and moved a little so I could get up. I moved Leila so she was leaning against Lily, kissed her forehead then walked into the kitchen stretching the whole way. I looked threw the cabinets seeing what we had. I decided on making something all three of us would enjoy. I made burgers and French fries. Pulling the home pre-made burgers from the freezer and the fries out too. I grabbed the frying pan and a pot. I fried the burgers in the pan and deep fried the fries in oil in the pot. As everything cooked, I sliced some tomatoes up and lettuce. I cut three rolls in-half. Knowing Leila didn’t like cheese I only grabbed two slices from the fridge.

The movie ended just into for dinner to be done. All the fries were in a bowel, the table was set and I laid everything out on the dinning table. The girls came in to see what was going on and Leila climb up into her chair.

“Wow daddy it looks amazing!” she said excitedly. Her reaction made me feel good and I smiled at her.

“Baby it does look amazing and very good.” Lily said as she walked over to me. I smiled and leaned down a little to kiss her.

As I eat with the two girls in my life, I couldn’t help but be happy. They were my everything. Lily was my everything and Leila completed me. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be the man I am today. Lily showed me how to love again and Leila brought me back to earth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please♥