***land Diary

Chapter II

My mind was spinning. I knew that smile, I knew the face. Hell! I even knew the hair, the skin, the eyes, the touch, and the tone. All of it was my fears hitting me straight in the face once more and actually knocking the breath out of me. Though…I couldn’t remember the name. What was his name? Who was he? I remember him from somewhere, but where? The questions knotted inside my head like a silky web. Faster and faster. Probably even faster than a black widow could spin. Wait…a black widow. I hated spiders, why was I thinking of them?

The guy soon after lifted his head, revealing his long dark black hair which covered his face in a handsome way, bringing out his gorgeous red eyes…red eyes! The red the color of the back on a black widow spider. And his opaque hair! The main color transforming a black widow into a black widow. His smile - bright, beautiful, white - sharp? His teeth…he was a…vampire? I chuckled to myself. There was no way. Vampires didn’t exist…did they? That was what I was always told. Then again, there’s always unknown mysteries in this world. “Wh-who are you?”, I gasped through the lump in my throat.

That’s when his smile turned twisted. “Do you not remember Mistress Alice? I am Sebastian, your devoted servant and butler till death.”, he chuckled darkly. “I will do anything you wish…I am so glad I found you as well. After all these years.”

“After all these years…?” How did he know anything of my past when I don’t even know anything about it? I only knew of things the age of 10 and older.

“Yes, Lady Alice. Do you not remember?” You could definitely hear the twisted smile growing onto his lips as he muttered the words. Truth be told, it looked beautiful on him.

“I-I umm…”, I muttered out, knowing my body was sending warning signals through me from the hand he was currently holding inside his own palm. Even though he wore gloves, I could feel the chill from his skin spread like a disease through my veins and gathering in my spine, making my body shiver and my skin crawl. I backed up against the door, feeling the cheap bronze doorknob go into my spine, but still not penetrating the chill I had. I wanted to escape, yet I didn’t. What was with this guy?

“Lady Alice?”, he asked in a soothing voice, almost as if a whole choir of…not angels, but beautiful demons were singing. His voice was enchanting and sweet, almost irresistible.

“Wh-why…why do you call me Alice?”, I asked almost instantly, wanting to run, but feeling drawn to this…delicate situation, if that’s what you would call it. My eyes were drawn to his. My heart started beating faster, I could feel it. Was this anxiety or nervousness? I couldn’t quite tell what it was.

“Because Lady Alice, you’re my Lord’s daughter.”, he paused and it felt like an eternity. “…Well, my deceased master’s daughter. So, now my life is yours just as it was his. It was tragic honestly…the way they had died. But I am sure you have heard all of what had happened.” Sebastian’s lips played around, attempting a frown, as if he was trying his hardest not to smile. It was like he was…laughing that his masters had died. But why would he come to her? She didn’t even know anything about her parents. She didn’t know anything about her life. Who is this Alice he was talking about anyway? Her name was Anya!…Wasn’t it?

The beautiful black haired young man took a step back, and let go of my hand. Instantly he fell to the ground on one knee, bowing before me in a way a servant would. “I, Sebastian Azraelius de-Bonteimous, am your guardian and servant till death, Mademoiselle Alicia Evening Hope Castille. Please accept my faithful work and let me serve you as the butler of the house of Castille.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked chapter two! I really look forward to some feedback on this story~!