Give Me Your Heart

Addiction

I opened my eyes to the sound of my annoying ring of my alarm clock and the vivid light of the sun, which stung my eyes. I could still smell that metallic fragrance of blood on me, though it was fading.

My hand came to the clock, slamming it, and my eyes closed for a moment. I had fallen asleep to that beautiful smell of blood. It spun your head but not too much-- it just relaxed me like an angel's singing.

I climbed out of bed, throwing some clean clothes on and a splash of cologne to cover up the secret scent I loved. I slipped my shoes on, swung my backpack over my shoulder and drove to the college a couple of blocks south.

Math class seemed like it would be a drag. But a surprise within the first few minutes made me change my mind. The professor, whose name I didn't bother to think about, spoke to the class-- the part of it that was listening to him.

My eyes then moved to the girl standing beside him and my lips parted in slight shock. The girl was sort of short, blond, and had dark blue eyes. Her appearance satisfied me, but I couldn't fall for her.

"Everyone, this is Sylvia. She's new to this class, so be nice," the professor said. There were a lot of open seats beside me. All of them were, in fact, vacant.

She walked slowly up the stairs, past all of the students sitting in the front, her hair swaying past her shoulder. She chose the seat at the opposite end of my empty row, making it worse for me.

I constantly looked at her face. It was angelic. Then I noticed one of those popular bitches looking back from her seat, making fun of Sylvia along with a couple of her little followers. "Look at her," the brunette leader, Dana Silverman, whispered loudly. "She dresses like she's fourty."

I glanced back at Sylvia. She dressed perfectly fine. A simple sweater and light blue jeans. It was a bit cold today, so I really didn't understand why Dana was wearing a mini skirt. To get attention maybe?

Sylvia caught me glancing at her as soon as the bell rang and smiled at me before quickly leaving. In the hall, I saw Dana bothering Sylvia, calling her a freak and a middle-aged woman trapped in a girl's body.

I smirked. Dana was making a mistake. A deadly one.

I walked closer so Dana could see me and she fixed her brown hair, straightening her back. "Hey, Darren," her irritating voice said. I looked at her with a small smile, and nodded at her. Sylvia seemed to get jealous, but she would later see a reason not to be.

Dana linked arms with me, escorting me down the hall to wherever it was she wanted to go. I looked back at Sylvia with a wink and she gave me a confused look. I smiled and looked forward again.

The sun was setting outside, forming a vermilion tone on everyone's skin. "You know you're really cute," she whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes to stare at her from the corner of my eye. "Thanks, you're pretty cute too," I lied. "How about we go somewhere?"

"Oh, I'd love too," Dana said with a flirtatious smile. I hated the way she puckered her lips out to make herself seem "prettier." She'd look a lot prettier if she were... Dead.

**

We walked into the quiet part of town and into an alley, where she pushed me against a wall. Her sloppy kisses were all over my face, lips, and neck.

I felt my heart rate slow down irregularly as I reached into my pocket, pulling out my leather gloves and slipping them on. I then grabbed a newer blade out, holding it behind my back.

"Did you hear about those people that died around here?" I asked her. She noticed there was a change of tone in my voice and pulled away. "Yeah, that was sort of creepy... Why are we talking about them?" she asked selfishly, fixing her hair.

"Have you ever thought what the killer would look like?" I asked, ignoring her narcissistic question. "I don't know," Dana said, rolling her eyes. "Maybe old, creepy, and balding."

"Did you ever think that he would look like me?" I inquired with a tiny smirk. Dana looked at me with disgust. "God, no," she exclaimed. "I hope not." She continued to kiss my neck, slobbering her glossy pink lips upon my skin.

"I like you, Dana, a lot," I lied with a smile she couldn't see. "I like you too, Darren," she whispered into my neck. "How much?" I asked quietly.

"So much." The kisses continued. I began feeling nauseous. Time to get this over with.

I shoved the knife into her waist with great force.

(Scream, I dare you.)

She cried out in pain and I grinned. The sun was down and no one was here. Perfect timing.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" she yelled. I held my index finger in front of my lips. "Shh," I told her. I clenched the handle of the knife tightly, hearing the leather stretch across my knuckles.

I shoved her to the ground, kneeling above, causing only a dark silhouette to be visible to her. I brought the knife into her stomach again, pulling out a bit of her intestine with it. Over and over, I stabbed her until her weak screaming stopped abruptly.

Time for the final mark. The point of the knife sliced through her pink shirt, and dug into her rib cage. I cut around the heart patiently, throwing the damaged ribs behind me. Then I held the heart in my hand.

I licked the blade in my other hand and shut my eyes at the bitterness. "You don't taste very pretty," I said down to her lifeless face. I dropped the heart beside her head. An amount of blood splashed into her hair.

I put the blade in my pocket and ran off, my breath increasing in excitement.

**

I sat on my bed, staring at my hands. "Is this a god damn addiction or something?" I asked myself. The breeze of the night passed through my window, calming me.

I looked up towards the ceiling and smiled, closing my eyes. "Definitely."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! :D It's Nicole (Countess Rx)
I'm the one dealing with the yucky middle xD

I personally liked this chapter, though there are better ones to come >:) From both Rachel and I.

Comments, please? :)