Give Me Your Heart

Seduction

I didn’t know what I should do with the body. I wonder if Sylvia would be afraid or maybe even entertained when she saw it. But she was a fraud, wasn’t she? She said she was engaged to Dominic, but he had been married to a Verena.

Perhaps Sylvia was just an obsessed case studier—a girl that fantasized about being with a murderer for his good looks and great skills. It made me wonder if she ever dreamed about being with me. Of course, the very thought made me sick.

I had to visit Dominic again to get more information. Everything seemed too sketchy and it was all revolving around Sylvia. Who was she?

I decided to dispose of the body so Sylvia wouldn’t suspect me of anything and still feel comfortable around me. Therefore, I can get her to confess things. I walked into the garage again, slipping my gloves back on.

Slinging the prostitute over my shoulder, I held a box of matches and a gallon of gasoline in my other hand. I slowly pushed the side door of the garage open with my foot and carried the body into the forest-like environment behind Sylvia’s house, in the similar place I had left her best friend, Eric.

Walking deeper into the forest, I discovered a deep ditch—perfect. I dropped the girl’s body inside, hearing a big thud when her back hit the ground. A few of her bones popped out of her skin from the impact.

Pouring the gasoline down onto her barely visible body, I set the gallon down and lit a match. I took a second to smile before dropping the match down onto her body. The flames grew immediately, consuming her skin, flesh, and finally, her bones.

I walked away quietly with the box of matches and gallon of gas. I entered through the same side doorway of the garage, getting ready to clean the blood on the floor. I kneeled and sprayed at it with cleaner, scrubbing roughly. The blood mixed with the bubbles of the cleaner and it gave me images of Sylvia bathing in blood and inviting me to join her.

I shut my eyes tightly to let go of the images. I picked up the pair of abandoned pliers and brought them to lips—her blood tasted dirty like all of the other whores I’d killed. I wiped the blood away and set the pliers back to where I’d gotten them before.

When the mess was cleared, I carried the blood-covered sponge and rag into the kitchen, searching for a plastic bag to hide them in. I removed my gloves, shoving them into my back pocket, and opened the first drawer I saw.

A large plastic bag was waiting for me and I opened it, placing the evidence inside. I headed upstairs toward the room I was staying in as quietly as I could. The room at the end of the hall was Sylvia’s room and the door was slightly ajar.

Hiding the bag behind my back, I peeked inside and watched her steady breathing in the dim moonlight. “Darren,” she suddenly murmured, lying still on her back. I froze, worrying that she had seen me. “Darren.”

Why was she calling my name?

“Sylvia?” I whispered in response.

“I see him in you.” I barely heard her say. She turned over onto her side, indicating that she was asleep.

I stepped away from the doorway, entering my room on the left. I kneeled down and slid the bag under the bed, watching it hit one of the legs. I stood, almost losing balance. I was distracted. I couldn’t stop thinking about what Sylvia could be dreaming about at this moment.

I quickly walked downstairs to get a kitchen knife, unsure if I was really about to do what I was going to.

I wanted to test her. To see what she was really made of.

**

I walked back upstairs and into her room silently, sitting at the edge of her bed. I ran the flat side of the knife along her forearm. A slight moan escaped her soft lips. “Dominic?” she asked, her eyes still shut.

“No,” I whispered. “Just me.”

I imagined cutting her into pieces right then and there. But I had to wait just a little longer.

A smile crept across Sylvia’s face.

“Darren,” she said, grinning. “You remind me so much of him.”

“Of who?” I asked, bringing the knife to her collarbone. The edge of the blade made a slight cut, but she hadn’t awoken from it. She bit her bottom lip.

“Dominic,” she said. “Just by the way you touch me.”

Suddenly, a smile had come across my face also. The blood coming from one side of her collarbone left a thick line on the knife and I brought it carefully to my tongue.

Her blood was extraordinary. This taste was like nothing I’d ever experienced. It sent chills down my spine. I looked back at her with eyes of longing.

The black nightgown Sylvia wore almost revealed her breasts and I brought the knife just over her heart. “There’s something I want from you,” I whispered in her ear.

“Yes?” she asked in a seductive tone.

“Your heart.”

“Take whatever you want from me, Darren,” she said, still bearing the same smirk on her face. I cut an X over her heart, causing her to gasp.

She suddenly awoke, sitting up and looking around.

I was in my room, already under the covers, with the knife under my pillow.

I had desperately licked the knife clean.

**

The following morning, Sylvia was in the bathroom. I stood by the door for several seconds, listening for a sound, but there was silence.

Remembering last night, I knew she was traumatized or something close to it. I had left cuts on her; ones that had made me smile as I waited for her to open the bathroom door.

Finally, I knocked. “Sylvia? You in there?”

“Yeah,” she answered. “I’ll be out in a second.”

I heard her rustling inside, dropping certain things in the sink. A minute later, she opened the door, smiling at me. “Sorry, I’m just a little slow this morning,” she said, walking down the hall and down the stairs.

I entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind me, and searched for any evidence of what she was doing. Nothing.

I washed my face and ran my hands through my hair, fixing it the best I could. I dug under the sink and found a spare toothbrush, but put it back. The taste of her blood was still in my mouth and I wanted it to stay there.

I looked at my reflection. And it spoke to me.

Do you realize what you did last night?

“Yes,” I whispered. “I couldn’t hold back.”

Be careful. She’s dangerous.

“And attracted to the feeling of knives upon her skin. There’s something about her that I need to find out.”

Visit Dominic again. He has to know her.

I nodded and turned away, leaving the bathroom. I stepped downstairs and saw Sylvia at her coffee machine, standing as still as a streetlight in front of a window. “Coffee’s almost done,” she said, looking at me in the window’s reflection.

“Do you visit him at all?” I asked. And she knew what I meant.

Sylvia shook her head, pouring herself a cup of coffee. “I don’t have the strength to see him again,” her voice faltered. “Uh, would you like some coffee?”

“No,” I said. “I’m okay. Why don’t you have the strength to see him again?”

“Because, I just can’t, okay?” she asked, irritated.

“I’m sorry.”

She drank down her coffee. “No, it’s okay. I have classes to attend today, so I’ll be back later and then we can go see if your apartment’s cleaned up, alright?”

“Yeah, that’s fine,” I said, fighting back a smirk. If she was to be gone until the afternoon, then I had a lot of time to visit Dominic. I watched her pick up her bag and keys, realizing something—I hadn’t taken my eyes off of her ever since I sat down.

“I’ll see you at two, okay?” she said before leaving in a hurry. I got up immediately, running into her bedroom. In her closet, there were a several men’s shirts hanging—Dominic’s. I threw my shirt off, picking out a black dress shirt.

I buttoned it up as I ran downstairs and outside. I walked silently for the next twenty minutes until I reached the mental institute. A different man sat at the desk and I told him the same information I told the other man.

After he let me through the halls, I once again knocked on Dominic’s door.

“Who is it?” he asked.

“It’s Darren,” I almost whispered. “I have more to ask you.”

“Come in.”

I pushed the pure white, cushioned door open and saw Dominic lying down on his bed, staring blankly at the walls.

“So what have you found out about this Sylvia girl that’s pretending to be my Verena?” he suddenly asked.

“Well, I actually was wondering if you had a picture of Verena, just in case we’re talking about the same girl.”

Dominic reached inside of his shirt pocket and held the photo out to me, not taking his eyes off of the wall in front of him. I nearly lost balance when I saw the picture of Verena. She looked exactly like Sylvia, but had black hair.

There was also something strange in her eyes—she had the eyes of a psychopath. But Sylvia’s eyes were so different, or maybe she was faking it all. I handed the picture back after I’d realized he was waiting.

“She’s very beautiful.” I commented.

“I doubt this is the Sylvia you speak of,” Dominic said. “No one is like Verena. No one. She used to physically hurt me, but I enjoyed it. She gave me the trend of inflicting pain on others—which explains the night of my murderous rampage.”

“Hurt you?” I asked. “But she seems so… innocent.”

“I didn’t think she’d be like that either. She’s a sweet girl, until you get under her skin. I loved her even though she hurt me all the time and caused me to be what I am now. She’s like an addiction. If you met her, you’d understand.”

Now I was somewhat sure that Sylvia and Verena were so close to being the same person. There had to be an obvious hint I wasn’t seeing.

I thought of Sylvia’s last name—Roux, meaning “red.” If she were sly enough, it wouldn’t have the same meaning as Dominic’s last name.

“Flanagan,” I said, catching his attention. “What does it mean?”

“It means ‘red.’” Dominic said. “Why?”

A smile came across my face.

I headed for the door. “I’ll keep you posted, Dominic. It was good seeing you again.”

“Goodbye,” he called after me, sounding confused.

**

I sat for hours, waiting for Sylvia to come home. I knew who she was and her history. Sylvia Roux was really Verena Flanagan. Case solved.

Something about it attracted me. Not many girls in the world were like Dominic and me; most of them were too innocent or sinister in stupid ways. I had my gloves on and clenched my hands into fists, waiting in anticipation.

I wanted to strangle Sylvia to death, finally. Watch the fear in her eyes and hear her gasp for her last breath, but I also wanted to touch her. It didn’t matter to me whether she was dead or not—I wanted her in every way.

She didn’t arrive home for a few more hours until the sun was setting. I idly sat where I was hours before, my thoughts repeating over and over. When she came through the door, I stood with a fierce look in my eyes.

“What’s the matter?” she asked.

“I know who you are,” I said, fighting a smirk. “Verena Flanagan.”

I watched her body stiffen and her eyes freeze in fright. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Darren,” she said. “You have the wrong girl.” She quickly made her way up the stairs.

“You think I’m going to fall for that?” I asked, following her. “Where were you for the extra three hours you were supposed to be here? Why have you covered up your identity? You know, Dominic’s talked about you ever since I first met him.”

She stopped in front of her bedroom door and turned to me. “Don’t you dare mention him! You don’t know anything!”

“Exactly,” I said, my breath increasing. “That’s why you’re going to tell me everything. Do you think you can explain the way you pleasantly dreamed of me last night while I ran a knife across your skin and enjoyed the feeling of the cuts?”

“I knew you did that,” she said through her teeth.

“You say it like you despised it and I know you didn’t—according to that smile on your face. It’s rare to meet a girl like you; a girl that abused her former lover and influenced him to kill people. I think that’s amazing, in my opinion.”

“You don’t know shit!” she shouted. I walked towards her, holding her shoulders in my hands and pressing her against the wall. Then I saw that same look in her eyes—the one the photograph had shown me.

Quit lying about yourself,” I demanded, slamming one hand on the wall. “You are Verena. Both you and I know that. You’re Dominic’s ex-wife that was obsessed with violence and even right now, you just want to cut my throat open.”

“Shut up,” she said, forcing back tears.

I finally smiled. “I won’t until you admit the truth… Until you say that you’re who I know you to be.”

Her hand came to the bottom of her shirt and lifted it up slowly, revealing her stomach. Above her navel were cuts—that spelled out my name. “I am who you think I am,” she said. “I was obsessed with Dominic and now I’m obsessed with you.”

I removed my gloves, throwing them to the ground. I ran my fingertips across the cuts, feeling the roughness of the deep cuts. Under the incisions were faded scars that spelled out Dominic’s name. This girl was just like Dominic and I—psychopathic.

“I want you,” she told me.

Trying my hardest to fight back the lust in my brain, I pressed my lips against hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know, I think Rachel's been a big influence on me for writing long-ass chapters. xD
So what is this--Sylvia, I mean Verena, gets Darren to finally feel lust?
But, Rachel will explain that in the next chapter.

^_^ Your turn, Rachel.
Hopefully this wasn't too hard to pick up on. :P