‹ Prequel: A Twisted Love
Sequel: Heedless Hearts
Status: Active, might be slow active. I don't know yet.

When It All Fell Apart

I don't care

As if there wasn't enough shit to deal with in my life, the new burden of moving weighed heavily on my shoulders.

I sighed exasperatedly as Cameron paced angrily back and forth throughout his entire room. For about the fiftieth time. Finally, I screamed for him to just quit it. He had been pacing for almost an hour straight as of now. I understand the fact that he's as lost and confused as I am, but enough was enough. Staying pent up in this room all day was not going to change anything.

"What the hell is she thinking? How far away does she plan on moving anyway? We have a life over here!" Cameron complained. His cerulean eyes were swirled with frustration and a sorrow that seemed to grow with each passing second.

I brought my palm up to cup my cheek, leaning my elbow comfortably against my knee. Every time I thought of leaving this town, I thought of all the memories we would be abandoning as well. Cameron and I had grown up in this house, and it wasn't something we were ready to leave anytime soon.

"Maybe we should go talk to Mom." I suggested quietly. Cameron paused mid-step, his flailing arms falling still at his sides. He nodded slowly, considering this option carefully before agreeing.

Cameron crossed his room in a few long strides; leaving before I got the chance to stand up. I caught up to him quickly and silently followed him through the hall and down the stairs. He abruptly stopped walking as we entered the kitchen, causing me to yelp as I nearly crashed into him. The sound emitted from my mouth was enough to make our mom glance up from the sandwich she was currently preparing for herself on the kitchen counter.

She set down the jar of mustard in her hand and looked up at Cameron and I, eyeing us suspiciously. As her cold eyes carefully scrutinized us, I felt as if I were under the watchful gaze of a stranger rather then our own mother. A shiver ran up my spine as she stepped out from behind the counter so that she was closer to where Cameron stood.

Arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed, she waited for someone to speak up. Apparently, between the two of us, Cameron was the only one who had balls.

"What's with the 'for sale' sign, Mom? Since when are we moving?" He asked, cutting right to the chase. I guess there really is no sense in beating around the bush...

"Since I decided that getting out of this place would be better for all of us." She replied instantly, as if she had recorded her response beforehand. Cameron scoffed.

"And you didn't feel the need to ask us if we thought leaving the place we grew up in would be a good idea?" He questioned, bitterness dripping into his voice. I don't think I've ever seen Cameron act this way towards our mom, and I'm not sure what she'll do about it.

A look of pure annoyance passed over her features, and she slammed her fist down hard on the marble counter. "Dammit Cameron, this isn't your choice to make!" Cameron quite obviously sneered in her direction, and I could sense the anger that was steadily building up inside of him. This isn't good...if things keep on going the way they are-

"This isn't our choice?! How could you say that? You've left of us out of your life entirely these past few months, and I'd appreciate it if you treated us like we still existed!" Cameron screamed, losing every ounce of his patience at once.

"You don't think I'm fucking trying as hard as I can? I lost my job, Cameron! That's it! We have absolutely no income! How the hell do you expect me to pay for this house anymore?" Mom screeched, her voice becoming shrill.

Cameron's expression softened a bit as I covered my face with my hands, attempting to massage my temples. I can't believe this right now, I simply can't. On top of everything else, we're going to end up declaring bankruptcy by next month! Cameron let out a shaky breath and attempted to put a comforting hand on our mom's shoulder, which she rudely shook off.

"Fine, we'll all move to someplace less expensive, like an apartment or something." Cameron said, his voice completely defeated. He slumped against the nearest wall as Mom turned to face me. Immediately, her eyes narrowed, as if she had a valid reason to hate her son.Okay, so maybe she did, but it's not like she knew about that.

"Colton," She practically spat, her voice taking on a whole new level of cruelty. I automatically straightened my posture and tried my best to meet her gaze evenly. I didn't want to give her a reason to hate me even more right now, although I wasn't sure why she did in the first place.

"I think it would best if you lived with Aunt Jamie while Cameron and I are staying at the apartment. It will only be temporary, besides Aunt Jamie has a nice house. I think you'll like it there." She said in a sickly sweet voice that ultimately made me want to gag.

I could see Cameron's face pale out of the corner of my eye as my world started to spin. What was I suppose to say to that? 'Sure Mom, sounds great! I'll leave my life behind to go live with a relative that I've only met about three times!'

Before I had a chance to respond, Cameron's slender hand clamped down onto my shoulder. "No." He spoke, his tone utterly chilling. This was the kind of tone that generally made people want to piss their pants. I'd never heard Cameron speak in such a way, and I had to fight the intense urge to smirk. Now was not the time.

"I'll get one job, two jobs, or even three if I have to. I don't care. Colton is staying with me." He continued.

And it wasn't a question, or a pleading suggestion, it was a flat-out statement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha, so... this was quite thecrappy chapter. What did you think? I mean, considering I only got one comment on the last chapter... I don't know if anyone will bother answering. Then again, I'm being completely selfish if you consider the amount of stars I've gotten. I really do love every one of those comments I get, and every new subscriber. I probably don't say that enough, and sorry if I don't point you out individually, but... it's true. -Cheesy moment ends here-

So...comment? -WARNING! WARNING! COMMENT WHORE ALERT!-

&

Subscribe?-WARNING! WARNING STAR WHORE ALERT!-