Status: Slow Updates- Focused on editting what I have

Holding On

Present

I lean my head against the window to my right, enjoying the cool feel of it. The people in the waiting room seem to be moving in slow motion, making me think that maybe this is just a dream, a dream that will end soon. I close my eyes, hoping that whenever I open them next I will be in my bed at home waking up from a bad dream.

I hear footsteps walking toward me, but I keep my eyes closed. Whoever was walking this way takes a seat next to me. I remain motionless for at least ten more minutes, almost falling asleep, but a sudden movement from the person next to me makes me sit up straight. I look up and see my little sister standing over me, obviously unsure what to do.

“Are you okay?” she asks, her voice barely more than a whisper. The room begins to blur with the coming of more tears. I shake my head unable to speak without bursting into tears. “He’ll be ok. He’s tough, he’ll get through this.” Courtney took her spot next to me and let me rest my head on her shoulder. I close my eyes for the second time that day, wishing everything away. “Have you seen him yet?”

“No,” I manage. “They won’t even tell me how he is until his parents get here.” I hear Courtney sniffle.

“He’ll be fine,” she said, a tear running down her cheek.

“I hope so.”

“If anything can keep him alive, Natalie, it’s your love for him.” I looked into my sister’s tear filled eye, and felt a few escape mine. I could see it in her eyes, and thought it myself,

What if my love isn’t enough?
♠ ♠ ♠
I cried when I wrote this, I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of that. Anyways, I know this was a short chapter, and I wish it was longer, I just didn't want to get into anything else yet. Wonder where I'll have Aaron's parents be since they're not at the hospital yet, any ideas?
Comment and Subscribe, pretty please:P
All My Love <3
Leslie