The Bet

Lovegame.

"I promise I can drive!" He slurred, reaching for his car keys.

As he reached for his keys, his hand covered hers and she felt a sudden jolt inside her.

"No," she giggled. "Billie Joe, I'm going to drive you home."

He pouted. "Billie Joe? What are you, my mother?"

"If I were, I would ground you so fast for coming home wasted." She attempted her best angry face, but realized she failed when he began to laugh.

"Holy shit, why are you so cute right now?" He asked as he stumbled forward, coming closer than she was comfortable with, and grabbed onto her waist for support. His wet hair tickled her neck and she gasped. A concerning noise to his drunken ears.

"Because you're not thinking right," she answered, looking down at the intoxicated boy that was almost knocking her over.

He looked up, suddenly realizing the small details of her face he liked about her. Her soft, beautiful eyes, the tip of her nose, her dimples, the small brown freckle right above her top lip.

"I think I know what I'm saying." His voice got softer as he straightened his posture so he was at the same level.

*

Dave laughed as he playfully punched his friend in the arm.

"Uh, Dave, is that Shayla over there?" His friend pointed toward the street, where two figures stood by a red beaten up truck.

Dave felt a jolt of excitement as he looked to where his friend was pointing. He thought she was going to be walking up to them, just in time, but his excitement was quickly replaced by raging anger.

"Yeah, what the fuck is she doing with him! Why is he even here, Matt?" Dave hollered, punching his friend harder in the arm.

"Hey, fuck you! Anybody can come to my parties! I didn't think he'd show up, anyway." Matt defended as he punched Dave back.

Dave ignored the punch as he watched Billie straighten himself up.

"Drunken pig," he muttered.

As he continued to watch, he gagged and covered his mouth.

"Are you okay, dude?" Matt asked, raising an eyebrow.

Dave quickly stood up and leaned over the railing of the porch.

Shayla stiffened as Billie straightened himself up. His voice was soft, different than it usually was. As he started coming in, she raised her eyebrows as he lightly placed his lips on hers.

As he deepened the kiss, she felt herself kiss him back. Stronger. She closed her eyes, beginning to settle into the kiss.

"Billie, no!" She pushed him away suddenly.

He was surprised, but furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the girl who has just dissed him. Again.

"Okay. Fine."

"I think it's time I drove you home," she whispered, walking away from a stunned Billie Joe.

The drive home was mostly silent. Shayla couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. He came to her, yes, but when she kissed him back, it was stronger than how he was kissing her.

"I'm so tired," Billie whispered, laying his head against the cold window. He watched the road, which he realized was about to make him sick to his stomach.

"We're almost there," Shayla said as she slowed the truck as she turned into a cul-da-sac.

As she pulled into the driveway, she looked up into the dark house. She wondered what his mother was going to say.

"Thanks for the ride," he said, pushing the passenger door open.

"Uh, Billie?" She asked as he was about to close the door.

"Yeah?"

"I just realized....this is Mike's truck. My car is still at Matt's."

Billie slammed his palm against his forehead, which only caused a bigger headache.

"Fuck! Goddammit, my head!" He grabbed his damp hair with his hands and squeezed his eyes shut.

Shayla silently took the keys out of the ignition and slowly made her way around the truck to him, opening up his door. He slid off the seat without any difficulty.

"Billie....come here." She grabbed a hold of his hand and she led the way up the sidewalk like she did this often.

"The door's open," he said as they reached the front door. She noticed a key line in the wood but didn't ask about it.

As they made their way up the wooden stairs, she still lead the way and peeked into a room that she imagined could only belong to him.

Once she let go of his fingers, he crawled onto his soft bed and curled up into a ball.

"Holy shit, why do you look so cute right now?" Shayla asked herself aloud about five minutes later as she lay down next to him.

Her only response was light snoring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it's about damn time!