The Bet

Enter Galactic.

"Billie Joe, come join me." Shayla patted the spot across from her as she sat cross-legged on the unfamiliar bed. Her mind was reeling into a blurry state but her insides were warm and fuzzy and she was feeling good. The best she had felt in a long while with all the drama that her downward relationship with Dave was causing her.

Billie Joe, who was more stable, chuckled as he crawled across the silk sheets beneath his body and mimicked her position.

"Feeling good?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

She bit her lip in embarrassment.

"Yeah. Thank you." She looked up at him through her eyelashes and Billie Joe felt a pulse in his lower abdomen.

It remained silent as Shayla inched her way toward him. He could tell her eyes were glassy with every inch she killed off between them.

He gulped.

"S-Shayla?" He stuttered. He could kick himself.

She held up a finger on the ruby lips that came crashing down on his seconds later. He jumped, simply forgetting what it had felt like to kiss her. His lustful side took control, causing him to kiss her back. The same pulse struck again as she bucked her hips forward, letting it control her.

"S-Stop it!" He cried, pushing her away. He watched her eyes grow wide.

"Isn't this what I'm supposed to be doing?" She asked.

"What?" He whispered.

"Am I not doing it right?" She asked, her voice shaky. She felt ridiculous.

"Shayla, what are you talking about?" He straightened his posture and his eyes narrowed in on her as her cheeks lit up.

"We're at a party....drinking....aren't I suppose to be another one of your conquests?" Her words escaped faster than she could process them. Her mind was a whirl and her good feeling had quickly been replaced with a gut-wrenching pain.

Billie Joe watched as she refused to make eye-contact with him.

He leaned toward her, lightly lifting up her chin, forcing her to look into his clear green eyes.

"No, Shayla, never." His words spoke true meaning.

"Do you not want it?" She asked, her eyes piercing his.

"Of course I do," He laughed. "Just not this way."

Embarrassment rushed through Shayla as she sprang out of his grasp and panted as she struggled to stand up straight.

"I throw myself at you and you are denying me. I really must be doing it wrong!" Tears strung her eyes as she backed up a step.

"Does alcohol make you lose common sense?" Billie muttered as he straightened up once again.

"What?"

Billie rolled his eyes.

"Shayla, I want you. I would be crazy not to. I just don't want it to happen this way." He stood up as he explained.

"What is this to you?" She asked as she met his stare.

Billie watched as her chest heaved up and down. She was breathing heavily now.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? You don't know?" She cried, taking a step forward.

Shayla felt herself on the verge of an emotional breakdown. She tried to push any feelings that were arising for Billie Joe into the back mind until she had a clear idea what was even happening between them. They had chemistry. They would have to be morons not to realize it at this point, but what does that mean? They were lab partners who began hanging out and getting too close for it to remain on the casual side of things. At least in her eyes.

She felt scared suddenly. She didn't like who she was dealing with.

"I don't know what this is, but whatever it is, I know that it's real!" He yelled, closing in the space between them.

They stared at each other for a few moments. Shayla's breathing slowed as it was wearing out her energy.

"It's real?" She asked.

"It's real. And it's powerful." He whispered.

Shayla threw her arms around his neck and kissed him with as much pressure as she could manage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies aren't enough so here's a juicy cliffhanger that won't have as long as a wait for what happens next!

Thank you for reading! Comments are appreciated.