Exhaustion

The End

By Monday, Hermione was up and running, feeling better than she had all year. She told Draco she'd returned the time-turner and dropped half of her classes. During meals, he looked for her in the Great Hall and she'd nod when he caught her eye.

That night, Draco sat on the couch in front of the fire, reading a Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook. He heard Hermione enter and sit down. He felt the couch shift as she reached for one of his books. He looked at her over the text book. She had his herbology book open on her lap, but her gaze was on the fire. Suddenly, it turned to him. Her eyes were a bit misty.

"Thank you, Draco," she said. "For everything."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah," she said with a sigh. She was still in mourning. But her life was moving forward.

His tie was loosened and his shirtsleeves were rolled up. "I want you to know that I really don't know who did it."

He saw her look to his bare left arm. She stared, and he guessed she was looking through it. He put his book on the table and moved closer to her. Brushing a piece of hair out of her face, he told her, "You'll feel better soon," meaning about her parents. Her eyes met his. "They're so proud of you, you know? I am, and that's saying something, right?" He chuckled and a small smile graced her lips.

"You are an amazing witch Hermione."

For some reason, he felt himself grow closer, the space between them shrinking. He saw her close her eyes, and then felt his lips on hers. When he pulled back, he was surprised at his own actions. But she wasn't. She just smiled at him and returned to her reading.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So it didn't turn out like I expected... I think it moved a bit faster than I'd like, but that may be because I've read it about two thousand times. Hoped you liked it! =)