Status: new story!

Gangs

Chapter 4

It was later that day, when her phone rang. “Hello?”

”Janice? Is that you?” The voice of her brother said through the speaker.

“Hey Trace! What’s up?” She walked over to her small couch and sat down, turning the volume of the TV down.

”Not much, I just wanted to know where you were this morning, you didn’t answer your phone!” His worried voice came through the speaker. He was always worried about his small sister, after all, she could be a target of one of his enemies.

”Uh…I stayed at Brock’s house last night, so I wasn’t here this morning,” she replied nervous.

Janice, I know for a fact that you’re lying right now, because I met Brock last night to deal with some business, so where were you?”

Janice sighed, praying that her brother wouldn’t get mad at what she was about to say.
“Okay, I went home with a stranger, at least that’s what I think I woke up at his house this morning.”

“What’s his name? And what does that mean, you don’t remember? Did Brock leave you all by yourself?”

Janice could tell that he was getting angrier with any minute.

“His name is uh…actually I don’t know, he didn’t mention it. And I don’t remember means I was drunk Trace! What else could it mean?”

“What!? You were so drunk you can’t even remember and Brock left you all by your drunken self? You could’ve been raped or ugh, I’m going to kill that fucker! Have to go, Janice, so bye!”

Before she could say something to prevent him from doing something stupid, the dial tone was heard. She stared at the phone in her hand.

Now it was probably her fault that Brock was going to be beat up by her brother or rather one of his ‘friends’, to do it for him. Although she didn’t want anything to do with her brother’s business she still got into it from time to time.

The next morning, when Janice was still curled up under her warm blanket, she was awoken by the loud ringing of the doorbell. Rolling over in her bed, her feet hit the cold floor and she made her way, slowly and still half asleep, to the front door of her apartment.

“Good morning sis, I have a coffee for you,” Trace had already stormed in her apartment, before she could even open the door properly and had made himself comfortable on the couch that was placed in the living room.

“Thanks, why are you here anyways?” Janice took the coffee to go cup from his hands and sat down next to her brother, since she had just one.

“Just wanted to know how my little sister is doing, so what have you been up to?” He turned towards her, his expression curious.

After taking a sip of her coffee she answered, “Besides that party nothing much, I’m thinking of getting a cat or dog, but I’m not entirely sure about that, yet.”

“Well, about that party, you said that you slept at someone’s house, right? Did you thank him already?”

“Uhm, no, actually not, didn’t think of that,” she trailed of thinking that it’d be only fair to thank the stranger for helping her out when she wasn’t aware of her actions.

“Well, I think you should visit him and thank him, and maybe give him something like I don’t know, chocolate? Or a good bottle of whine, maybe? I don’t know just pay him a visit. Do you remember where he lives?”

Thinking for a moment she replied, ”Yeah, he lives here in Huntington as well, right on the Main Street.”

“Oh, good, do you want me to take you there on my way back? It has to be right on my way.”

Janice glanced down at her coffee, realizing it was empty and stood up. “That’d be great, I just need to shower and get dressed real quick, just watch some TV or so, you know where everything is.”

After showering and putting some clothes on, she grabbed the t-shirt the man had lend her from the dryer and quickly ironed it.

“What’s taking you so long?” Trace’s voice echoed through the apartment.

“Just had to iron this shirt here, come on let’s go,” Janice said, grabbed her keys and opened the front door. Trace was quick to follow her, with a confused face.

“Why do you have his shirt?” They were by now in Trace’s car and he’d started the engine.

“Well,” she looked down blushing,” he kind of threw my dress away…,” she trailed of.

His eyes flickered briefly to his sister then on the road again. “And why would he do that?”

“Because it was dirty and, he…he said that in his eyes it wasn’t a dress.” She looked down ashamed.

Trace furrowed his brows in confusion, “Oh! Look we’re on the Main Street, tell me when you see his house!” Te car drove down the Main Street, with Janice looking out the window trying to recognize the house.

“Wait! There it is!” The car made a sharp u-turn causing Janice to shriek I surprise. They’d stopped at house at the rather end of Huntington. Behind it started a living area with middle class houses. “Did you have to do that? I’m not one of your rowdy friends and am not used to this!” She crossed her arms over her chest pouting slightly.

“Ups, sorry Janice, I tend to forget with whom I’m driving sometimes,” he smiled apologetically at her.

She rolled her eyes,” It’s okay.”

Trace looked expectantly at his sister, raising his eyebrows and motioning to the house. His sister had started to fidget nervously with her hands in her lap, keeping her eyes downcast.
“Don’t you want to go to the house now? I mean that’s the reason we drove here.”

Janice shifted uncomfortably in the car seat,” Yes, but…,” she trailed of again.

“But what?”

“Well, you know, the guy didn’t seem to like me very much, I don’t know if he’ll even open the door without slamming it shut in my face.”

Trace lifted his eyebrows surprised, “Why didn’t he like you?”

“Well, you know he found me laying in my own vomit and stuff and well I wanted to impress Brock…,” she trailed of once again, averting her eyes to the floor.

“Oh no Janice please don’t say that,” Trace sighed deeply,” that you dressed in a barely there dress again! Did you take drugs, too? Because I know for a fact, that Brock likes taking pills, and I also know that you do anything to impress a guy.” He looked at Janice, who had turned her head away from her brother. “Oh Janice,” he sighed again,” What am I gonna do with you?” He stroked her hair before getting up, walking to the back of the car opened the trunk.
He came back to the passenger side and opened the door.

“Here,” he handed her a bottle,” this is a bottle of…uh…well of red wine, I don’t know the name or anything, but I know for a fact that it was indeed expensive and I think it is good enough to say thank you to that guy. But,” he looked down at his watch,” I have to go now, sorry sis, got a meeting to attend to.”

Janice knew damn well what ‘meeting’ meant and snorted slightly.

“I know you don’t like my…well let’s say job, but ti makes money, and I like it. So out, out now of the car and up to the door!” He pulled her out of the car and hugged her. “be nice to the guy and treat him with your older brother when he’s causing trouble!” He waved once more and drove of, leaving his sister alone.

The bottle in her right and the t-shirt in her left hand she sighed and crossed the street. She stood there for a moment and looked up at the house. Sighing once more she walked up and took a deep breath before ringing the door bell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Janice

somewhat of a filler but I think it's important to get to know both sides of Trace, on one hand he's the nice, caring brother on the other hand...well he's a 'gang' leader... :D

you like it? you don't like it?
tell me :)

oh and obviously brian is going to make an appearance in the next chapter, anyone exited?

Oh and congratulations to Matt and Val! Even though I thought they already were married...but oh well, I'm happy for them anyways! ;)