Dark Secret

Preface

No…I watched as the soldiers chased after my friends, or who used to be my friends, shooting arrows and throwing spears, intending to harm or even kill them. But even if I was used, I didn’t want them dead. They were in a losing battle, and they would fall soon.
Worst of all, I led the attack myself.

I saw fear and disappointment in their eyes. I felt ashamed under their piercing gazes, but what could I do? My body was not under my control anymore; I couldn’t do anything to stop myself.

I, my body, laughed with thrill, excited by the thought of capturing them. They had reached a dead end. There was nowhere to run. I motioned the soldiers to move closer. Each of them was carrying a different yet equally lethal weapon.

The gap in-between shortened, time was running out. I yearned to help them, yet I couldn’t. I struggled to gain the control anew, but my efforts were futile.

No…

I stepped towards them, playing with the dagger in my hand. Grinning, I was delighted by my victory. I stared at them with humor, like a cat and the mice. I was the cat that trapped the mice, my friends, in the corner, playing for the last time before killing them.

No…

‘Goodbye,’ I hissed. ‘Forever.’

I struggled harder, trying to get back my control and prevent myself from making the mistake I would regret for the rest of my life, yet I was too late. I thrust my dagger, delivering the final blow.

No!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is interesting enough. First chapter will be posted in a few hours.