Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 10

It was weird, what had just happened I thought when I closed the door behind my back, but I decided not to think about it too much. Instead I just went to my room and did my homework and studied for some upcoming tests. I went to bed early that night, and fell asleep after a few minutes. I was glad my mom hadn't asked me about my bike, Ethan's sudden protectiveness would definitely surprise her and it would be very difficult for me to explain.

It would be like this : 'Yeah, you see, mom, there's a new guy at school, and he talked to me, and Ethan, you know, the guy who hated me, and who I hated, felt the sudden urge to pull me away and drive me home'
-moms face in shock for 5 minutes-
-10 minutes-
-after half an hour my mom will faint-
I'm sure that wouldn't be very healthy.

In the morning I woke up rather late, not that I didn't have enough time to eat some breakfast and get dressed, just not enough that there would be space left to fill with thinking. To be honest, this didn't bother me at all, sometimes I'd love it if I just wasn't able to use my brains. That they, in fact, were only there to keep my ears apart.

I also lost a lot of time because Ethan arrived horribly early, 15 minutes before the time I'd normally leave, and since we would go to school by car, we'd probably be there before the teachers were even there. He knocked on the door several times, and my mom opened the door, too bad. She sounded very surprised when she saw him and mumbled 'Morning Ethan...'

I was already standing next to hear, so I carefully pushed her away towards the living room, while walking away she mumbled 'Tara... there's someone at the door for you' yes, she was really surprised. He didn't even look up with his emotionless face. For some reason I felt the need to hit his perfectly formed nose with my fist, just as hard as I could, but I didn't, mainly because my mom would hate to see blood on the carpet.

He walked past me, and ran up the stairs, which in my point of view, is really impolite, especially since he hadn't even greeted me. After a few minutes he came back down with my bag over his shoulder. He stared at me and forced a smile on his lips. I could see that he really had to try his best to do that, but I couldn't care less, for some reason I really hated him today.

Then he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door, I had just enough time to shout 'Bye mom' before he slammed the door shut. He kept pulling my arm until we reached his car. He then loosened his grip to search for something, probably his car-keys, in his pockets. And opened his car. 'Get in' was the first thing I heard him say that morning, and he made it sound like I was the child of a dog and some kind of stupid lunatic.

I carefully got into his car and sat down on the passengers seat. He took the drivers seat and we drove towards school. He didn't look at me even once, and seemed to be concentrating on the road really hard. "Why did you get so angry at T yesterday?" I mumbled.

He didn't respond at first, but he had heard the question, I was sure of that, he just didn't know what to say. After a few minutes of thinking, he said "I know T, I've known him for a long time now, and believe me, you better don't hang around with guys like him" his face wasn't emotionless anymore, right now, it seemed more like he wanted to strangle something or someone, probably me.

When we were at the park near the school, he parked his car, and we walked to school together. When we got to the gates he suddenly pushed me into the bushes. "Why?" I mumbled, while looking whether my arms weren't scratched by the branches. "Shut up please" he said pleadingly and walked a few meters way. I just sat there, until I heard another familiar voice. I'd heard it before, and even though I hadn't heard it that much, I immediately recognised it to be T's voice.

They had a conversation in a weird language, I didn't understand anything. It seemed like a mix of ancient Greek, Latin, French, German, and a couple of other languages. From where I was sitting, I could see Ethan's face, and his expression didn't really please me. I'd thought he looked like he wanted to strangle something when we were sitting in the car, but this time, it was much worse.

When I moved a slight bit, I could also see T's face. He seemed very calm, I'd probably die when I was in his place, even from my place the whole thing seemed scary, so it must be far worse to be one of those guys.