Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 12

-Ethan-

He pressed his lips against hers, carefully, but still with a lot of force. She didn't move at all, she seemed petrified. Though she of course also could have just been enjoying the moment. He moved his face away from hers and caressed her cheek, I could barely stand it to keep on watching, but I had to, and after all, Talon had just said it would all be a test.

Not that I'd ever fully believe him, especially not since he'd seem to be enjoying what he was doing a little too much, yet we both knew this had to be tested. I couldn't help but smile when the palm of her hand slapped his right cheek. I carefully walked towards him when she seemed to have calmed down a bit. She stared at me, shocked spread across her face, then made an attempt to point at him, but ran towards me instead.

"H-h-he... He just kissed me all of a sudden!" her voice was shaking. She fell to the floor and sat down, Talon and I sat down next to her, me on the left, Talon on the right. His hand was pressed to his cheek, and a thin line of blood rand down from the righthand corner of his mouth. He deserved it. To my surprise, though, he still managed to smile, which of course, didn't please me at all. I hate his arrogant smile so much. I'd love to wipe it of his face someday, but not now, not here, with all those people, and especially her so close.

Talon closed his eyes and started speaking "you were so smart as to close your eyes when I told you to, I would have expected you to be smart enough to realize I would do such a thing too" She nodded, but still seemed upset. She then looked at me "did you see it?" she asked, her face turnin slightly red. I grinned and nodded. She laid her head on my shoulder all of a sudden and sighed "this keeps getting weirder and weirder."

Then Talon jumped up and glared at me "What exactly have you told her?" his voice sounded impolite, and his face looked even less human than usual. I stood up and smiled at him for a few seconds. "Some facts" He made some kind of weird animal sound, and walked away. A bit too fast for a normal human, but I guess he still had to adjust to the manners of these creatures.

Tara kept staring at him as he walked away, until he was totally out of sight. "First, he kisses me, and then, he just walks off like that... that's so rude" I chuckled and stood up. "that's just how he is, and it will be difficult to change a man like that" she stared at me in confusion, possibly because I had called this teenage boy, who was just out of his real teen phase, a man.

-Tara's-

Ethan and Talon truly seemed to hate each other, they smiled at each other, but it was not a friendly kind of smile, one which contained nothing more than pure hate, hate I had never seen before. They had already been acting weird, but now that this had happened, I was rather sure they'd act even weirder than before. Pretty much impossible, but they would, that was the one thing I was sure of.

It was weird though, that Ethan hadn't beaten Talon up, after he'd actually seen him kiss me, just as I turned around so ask Ethan why he hadn't done so, I found out that he'd already left. The bell must have already rung, because when I got to the school yard, most people had left already. I ran up the stairs, and searched for a classroom in which I recognised Natalie. As I opened the door I realized I should've knocked because I clearly interrupted a (probably boring) speech.

"You're a little bit late, aren't you, miss Pretium? Where have you been?" I looked for the place in the room on which I would normally have found Ethan, but then saw he wasn't there. "I'm sorry, sir" I mumbled, whilst still staring at Ethan's empty chair. "I didn't feel well, and went to the toilet..." the teacher followed my stare and mumbled "that's fine" and continued with a louder voice "do you, by any chance, have an idea where mister Riversdale could possibly be?"

I shook my head and walked over to my chair in the back of the classroom. After a matter of seconds my mobile phone rang, my annoying ringtone replacing all the other sounds in the room. Everyone heard it, some people turned around, but I just stared at the teacher, and ignored it as if it was someone else's phone. The teacher also ignored it, and just continued teaching, he had already been interrupted too much by just me walking into the classroom all of a sudden.

When the majority of the people who had been staring at me, had turned their faces back to look at the chalkboard in front of the class, I decided to check what kind of moron had the guts to call me at such a bad timing. My phone didn't recognise the number, and I was pretty sure, that I had never seen in before, so I just put my phone on vibrating, and put it back in my pocket.

Only a few minutes later it started vibrating, three short times. Which meant text message. I carefully looked around to make sure no one was watching, and opened to read the message.

Hi Tara, you should come over to my house this afternoon, you don't have to worry, I'll pick you up from school, okay? - Ethan

I at first very dearly wanted to ignore the message, but after 10 minutes I just had to text a response back. I myself hated it too when someone didn't respond very quick.

Maybe, but only if you tell me where you are now....

I only had to wait for 2 minutes, when I felt my phone vibrating again. When I opened the message, I had to smile