Status: Forget about it.

Hurt Angel

Chapter 13

'looking for food.. you like Ben & Jerry's?'

I love Ben & Jerry's, I don't like food, but I'd kill someone just for even a little bit of it. No matter how unhealthy it is, how it gives me a stomach ache, and how it gives me a headache because I eat it way to fast every time. The only problem, there wasn't a story within a radius of 25 miles (approximately 40 km) that sold them.

'Love them, but they don't sell em here'

It took me very long to text that reply. The teacher kept staring at me, as if I were some sort of criminal. The response came before I had properly managed to put my phone in my pocket, so it startled me, which made me jump up, which made the teacher stare at me. Differently than before though, more like I was some psychopath that he had just seen on the television because a group of psychopaths had escaped from a mental hospital.

After about 15 seconds he turned around to the board and continued whatever he was doing, and I read the reply.

'so?'

'How did you want to go there?'

I didn't get a response. Not at all. Which made me feel like he'd seen how useless this was, and had just given up. No icecream for me, at least that's what I thought. My thoughts were soon taken to the actual world, in which there was a knock on the door. There was a janitor, and he had a huge smile on his face. 'Excuse me, but I need to have a word with miss Pretium'

Teachers and student stared at me, I stared at janitor, janitor's smile got wider. The teacher then told me to leave the classroom, and I started to fear that someone in my family might have had an accident. But the janitor didn't seem like an evil person who would smile if such a thing had occured, so it didn't seem very likely that someone had had an accident or even died.

'You are going to be picked up within about 5 minutes, there will a car waiting for you when you leave the schoolyard. Good luck with it' I stared at him. 'Why?' he just grinned, he looked like an idiot, and I wondered how smart you had to be to clean toilets at this school, not very smart it seemed. 'Don't worry, I'll set your status to dentist'

He pushed me out of the school, onto the schoolyard, and I decided to just do as he'd told me. A person who works at a school isn't very likely to just send a student somewhere, without knowing where the kid was going, so I could probably trust it. When I got out of the schoolyard, I saw only one car, so I just walked over and opened the passenger's door.

I wasn't at all surprised when I saw Ethan smiling at me. Knowing that whatever he was here for, we'd ditch school,I slammed the door shut, and turned around and started running back to school. I could hear that he jumped out of the car, and almost tripped, twice. Suddenly his strong hand clenched around my wrist, which made me stop abrubtly, causing me to almost fall over.

'Oh please, why won't you come with me? You deserve an extra day off' 'No! I won't ditch!' he pulled my arm harder, which caused me to fall back, practically into his arms. His face was very close as mine, just like Talon's must have been the moment before he kissed me, though I think Talon had had a different look on his face than Ethan had right now. Ethan looked very serious, and kind of angry, but not really angry, it seemed like a fake sort of anger.

I almost had to smile at his fake serious/angry face. 'Tara.. Please, for me?' he asked, with the sweetest voice you wouldn't imagine from a guy, not this guy, not any guy. I couldn't say no, nor could I say yes, that's why I just nodded and followed him back to his car. The first 5 miles we both remained silent, but after he started smiling like some idiot.

It actually wouldn't have surprised me if he had suddenly gotten totally crazy, and was now going to look for a nice tree to smash the car into. And because he didn't stop smiling, for about 7 minutes, and it really started to seem unhealthy, and I got afraid that this would leave permanent marks to his face, I asked him what was going on.

He then turned his face towards me, still smiling, (I expected him to start laughing in some maniac like manner, or like Light Yagami when they find out he was Kira) he just said, with an abnormally high-pitched voice 'little miss Pretium is ditching school' it was something my brother would have said, and I actually wanted to punch him really hard. Instead, I just smiled, because his smile was very contagious, the effect you usually get when someone is laughing very loud, and you are already in a laughing mood.

The rest of the ride we just talked about those everyday thing all teens talk about; school, teachers, that program on tv last night.

We actually had driven to a Ben & Jerry's store, which only sold, and really sold all tastes of, Ben & Jerry. We both got a thing with the delicious icecream, and sat down in the car to eat it. I didn't get sick this time, nor did I get a horrible headache. For once I just felt really good, even better than before I had eaten the whole thing.

We then drove until we got to some sort of park, a park with a lot of trees, so I normally would have called it a forest, if I hadn't seen the sign which said 'blahblahblah - PARK'

'You wanna go for a walk, or do you wanna get back to school already?' it took me very long to realize what he'd just asked, and what I should answer. If I said I wanted to go for a walk, which I did, because I love walking, and because I just wanted to, it would seem like I was some desperate school girl looking for a boyfriend, which I was not! But on the other hand, if I said I wanted to go back already, it seemed like I was some sort of nerd, and like I really hated him and had no interest in such a thing.

'You can choose' seemed like a good answer, and this would make me know how he was thinking at this moment. He smiled at me, parked the car, got out, opened my door, held out his hand and said 'Then let's go for a walk'

I really had to try my best to keep the corners of my mouth from going up really far. I bit my lip, and in the end, it started to bleed. I'm not afraid of blood, and the taste doesn't neccesarilly disgust me, but at certain moments, like soon after having eaten alot of ice cream, it's really gross to have that taste in your mouth.

When he finally turned around, I could freely smile again. 'I hope you don't mind my decision' then, with a way too relieved voice I said, or half shouted 'Not at all!' he turned around just in time to still see the huge smile on my face, which then also appeared on his face. We walked for about 10 minutes, and I realized it was very quiet.

Ethan also seemed to realize this, and looked around us all the time, I found out why when suddenly a huge shadow moved from behind a tree, and a group of 5 men stood in front of us.

All looking dead serious, and very angry.